April thoughts

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
LVE never ran anywhere close to 4.4. Watch the play against Notre Dame where Wilson runs a guy down 40 yards down the field. We are talking about the fastest linebacker in football.
Footspeed isn't the concern with Wilson, injuries and availability are. No one runs a 4.4 on the trainer's table.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think Dallas likes him that is why he is a 30 visit no doubt . I think your assessment of him is correct. When I say Wilson reminds me of LVE it’s not an insult. LVE was a top 5 linebacker in the NFL after his rookie season but that neck issue he had in college bit us in the booty his second season.
As far as I know Wilson had successful knee and shoulder repairs and he is healthy now and doesn't have any neck or back issues. As far as I know he didn't miss any games in 2023. His upside is very high and being that he is a dominant player, I like him a lot.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Linebacker is like the running back position, they have many high impact collisions. Many tend to be just 1 contract players, which is why they are risky to take in rd 1. Wilson fits that category.

rambo2

Reaction score
Linebacker is like the running back position, they have many high impact collisions. Many tend to be just 1 contract players, which is why they are risky to take in rd 1. Wilson fits that category.
It will be very interesting where Wilson ends up. I don't think he will get by the 49ers and the Chiefs.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
As far as I know Wilson had successful knee and shoulder repairs and he is healthy now and doesn't have any neck or back issues. As far as I know he didn't miss any games in 2023. His upside is very high and being that he is a dominant player, I like him a lot.
Rambo, Wilson is your pet cat. :thumbup:

1942willys

Reaction score
My biggest takeaway is that this is a stacked draft class and it's going to be hard for us to screw it up. The only 1st round candidates who would really tick me off are Guyton and Payton Wilson (injuries).

Dallas has shown time and again that if grades are close, they will take the athletic freak covered in red flags over the guy with solid tape. So if I had to guess, their 1st round shortlist is probably Mims, Guyton, Wilson, and Brian Thomas Jr.

Jonathan Brooks just feels like a lock for the second round. Total Jerry pick. Watch out for Trevin Wallace too.
We are the cowboys; we can always screw up a draft

1942willys

Reaction score
We need two bodies on both the DL and OL
We need at least another LB
WR and RB also
we lost 8
starters or big time minute guys and we got one in Kendricks.
all that looks like we will get from this point on in FA is dumpster diving or late cuts which is maybe a step up from that
And we only have three draft picks that really matter

This is not good

looks like we might be relying on JAGS or people that only looked good against other JAGS.

Yeah Jerry this is 'all in'

rambo2

Reaction score
Add Byron Murphy to the possible 1st pick. He is a 30 visit.

rambo2

Reaction score
It looks like they will be drafting a running back.
Trey Benson
Bucky Irving
Braelon Allen
Jonathan Brooks
Rasheen Ali

They are all on the 30 visit list.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is the best linebacker period. They sure put him back together well and he isn't hurt now. The fastest linebacker and with outstanding instincts and an incredible worth ethic and character.
My concern with Wilson isnt his 2024 play, its whether he will age well or if he winds up a guy like Lee that winds getting nicked up frequently. 3 season ending injuries, that tends to happen with guys like that.

Id feel alot better about Wilson at 56 than 24

rambo2

Reaction score
My concern with Wilson isnt his 2024 play, its whether he will age well or if he winds up a guy like Lee that winds getting nicked up frequently. 3 season ending injuries, that tends to happen with guys like that.

Id feel alot better about Wilson at 56 than 24
I'd be shocked if he was there at 56. I think he goes between 24 and 40.

rambo2

Reaction score
Interesting that T. Fuaga from Oregon State is on the list. Barton and Jackson Powers-Johnson are on the 30 list as well. You can add them to the possible 1st pick list.

1942willys

Reaction score
Right now I want a first pick that comes into camp snarling and eating live wolverines.

1942willys

Reaction score
LIke what I see of Payton Wilson. The age thing is garbage; its not like he is 27 and played eight years in college.

I would like him to be a little bigger but meh

the only debit is the injury and its not a back or shoulder or hip so I am cool with it

I just want someone we keep in a cage and feed raw meat to

rambo2

Reaction score
LIke what I see of Payton Wilson. The age thing is garbage; its not like he is 27 and played eight years in college.

I would like him to be a little bigger but meh

the only debit is the injury and its not a back or shoulder or hip so I am cool with it

I just want someone we keep in a cage and feed raw meat to
Wilson can do things that nobody else in this draft can do.

Carter

Reaction score
Wilson can do things that nobody else in this draft can do.

Would def take him at 56 but doubt hes there. LB class is weak as hell and after Cooper he will be the 2nd LB off the board and i doubt that happens at 56.