Aquiring Russell Wilson would electrify the Cowboys fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.
It might electrify a FEW cowboys fans. For the others it would cause nausea

leeblair

Reaction score
It is simple; Russell Wilson is a proven winner who has been the victim of two rebuilding franchises.
Dak is a proven choker who has single handedly frustrated the Cowboys attempts to rebuild.
Wilson would be miles ahead of Dak in any competition and would provide the Cowboys with leadership at the quarterback position.
Dak only leads in the race to the microphone.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d rather sit on a cactus.
gopher-look.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Seems that way. 4 years ago I'd be all in.
Since 2016 his playoff record is 2-4 and one of those losses was to Dak. His success came when he had an all-time great defense and a Hall of Fame back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It is simple; Russell Wilson is a proven winner who has been the victim of two rebuilding franchises.
Dak is a proven choker who has single handedly frustrated the Cowboys attempts to rebuild.
Wilson would be miles ahead of Dak in any competition and would provide the Cowboys with leadership at the quarterback position.
If Russell is taking like 20 million a year then yeah I’d take him.

Just head to head it’s not even close. Dak’s far better.

Dak’s better than a lot of QB’s. Dak’s problem is he is a front runner and if the ship is sinking he pokes more holes in the boat as it goes down.

I don’t get paying top dollar for this type of player.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
You surely can come up with better material than this

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Did you even watch the Broncos the last two years? I'll take Dak over Wilson any day.
That's the problem with the "Anybody but Dak" crowd, they're willing to take a BIG step in reverse. We do indeed need to improve at the QB position, but the key there is "improve", not digress. Wilson would not be an improvement, he'd be a big step in reverse.
I agree.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Dude, Russell in his peak (2012-2016?) was an efficient deep ball throwing scrambler on an extremely run dominant team with a Legendary defense. Unfortunately, his current level of scramble-ability has diminished greatly and teams built like the 2012-2014 Seahawks are super anomalies.

Dak has been a better quarterback than DangerRuss for many years now (since 2018/2019?). I think the fact that Russ is on his way out of the league, while Dak is be poised to be around for a many more years tells us where they are on their career arcs.

Put 2024 Russell on the 2013 Seahawks and they don't get past San Fran in the playoffs.. Put current Dak on the 2016 Cowboys and I think there's a chance they go further... and that was a craptastic defense.

Anyway, I have zero interest in entertaining the idea that Wilson has anything to offer that Dak doesn't.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Wilson wouldn't make us better. At this point in his career, he's not better than Dak.

leeblair

Reaction score
The fact that Jerry didn't go after Wilson is just proof that he doesn't mean "all in" when he says it.
To have a liability like Dak at quarterback and be unwilling to fix it is the ultimate sell-out.
2024 will bring more of the same; the Cowboys losing because of the defense, Mike McCarthy, no running game, the turf was not mowed correctly, Dak was up all night with the baby but performed heroically despit being wore out, Dak persevered through the struggles of rebuilding, and whatever other excuse Tad can dig up.
The circus is still in town.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
I don't troll. You guys lie and claim that anyone who doesn't worship Dak is a troll.
Wilson is not done. Sean Payton has an ego problem, especially after giving up 70 points to the Dolphins last year.
Wilson is a proven winner, and with McCarthy he could excel.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.