Aquiring Russell Wilson would electrify the Cowboys fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I've been waiting for that to play out, if that was OPs intention than he might be a genius.
It took 7 pages before someone from the anyone but Dak crowd to finally give his OP a like.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same place it was held for previous qb and the one before that and the one before that

Almost makes you believe That the jones clan is the biggest issue
And yet that post has nothing to do with the post I was responding to.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
However, as much as Dak "isn't that man", Wilson absolutely, positively isn't an upgrade.
Just me thinking out loud here...He won't cost but 10% of what Dak is about to be paid. Since we aren't winning a super bowl with Dak does it matter that he isn't an upgrade? The Cowboys would have a ton of future cap space to build the team and they could draft a QB even this year if they want.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.
Did you watch him in Denver?

How about we sign Peyton Manning? He USED to be good, too!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just me thinking out loud here...He won't cost but 10% of what Dak is about to be paid. Since we aren't winning a super bowl with Dak does it matter that he isn't an upgrade? The Cowboys would have a ton of future cap space to build the team and they could draft a QB even this year if they want.
We don't need another BQ, we have Drescott, and Trance will be his upback. But, Rilson might work out? I don't know what will happen with Crush?

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
And for the first time in 17 years, a Super Bowl would be possible. Wilson is a proven winner, and doesn't choke. Jerry could re-instill confidence from the fan base and turn heads across the NFL.
I don't know the in's and outs of free agency, but if Jerry could get Wilson, the Cowboys would be back in business.
Hi Ciara

John813

Reaction score
Hahaha
Oh man, op may be serious.
What year do you think it is? 2016

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Id sign him just to see Dak break his jaw, this is Daks house.
It will be interesting if Lance shows anything in the preseason. The kid has tools and if he can get a grasp of the offense in camp we will certainly hear about it. Especially from Jerry. :thumbup:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Wilson was a machine for years. Only 36. Had bad years on a bad Bronco team. QBs aren't everything.

The big bonus of Wilson is his Bronco contract. Most likely he's playing for the veteran minimum, as the Broncos are still on the hook for his salary up to 40mil.

Seems like a great option for a year if we want out of Dak and can move him.

Wilson + 40mil > Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.