Archer: Almost impossible Cowboys get Peterson

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
TwoDeep is referring to the adult film actress whose film name is Scar Joe. She was once a man named Joe and she has lots of scars.

I have all my weemen tested at the Cedar Sinai Institute of Sexual Reassigment and Lawn Chair emporium for validation it be a shein' and not a hein' before they have a shot at this single A squad. Never interested in crossing the equator.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It almost seemed like yesterday when Hardy was the pipe dream. I'm kinda meh on the idea only because I believe we can get by...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I sometimes wonder why you post here. It appears this is about the sum total of your commentary. A big bag of nothing.

You wonder lots of things, TwoDeep. I'm not responsible for any of them. I'll let my post history speak for itself, thanks.

We both know I talk plenty of football. I'm allowed to address an empty post now and then.

You just stick to telling us how certain you are about stuff, and then posting sigs later to remind us how wrong you were. We'll be sitting here saying "yah, we knew that already."

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Brought up here by so many? The guy called the owner pleading to be on this team. The fans reacted.

Yes, by calling for the end of the era of Murray because of the pipe dream of Peterson. Simply put, it was never going to happen. What AP wanted, and what these locals dreamed about wasn't reality.

But any free thinking individual who considered everything would have come to the conclusion Minnesota would not make any deal which benefited Dallas without major draft picks headed their way.

I think the old saw, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me applies.

Minnesota will end up playing AP or taking a deal that does not include the guys who cleaned their clock all the way to three Super Bowls and made them the laughing stock of the league. Mike Lynn is no longer the GM. Old wounds heal slowly.

It was not going to happen when it was brought up. It still isn't. Ergo, pipe dream.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
You wonder lots of things, TwoDeep. I'm not responsible for any of them. I'll let my post history speak for itself, thanks.

We both know I talk plenty of football. I'm allowed to address an empty post now and then.

You just stick to telling us how certain you are about stuff, and then posting sigs later to remind us how wrong you were. We'll be sitting here saying "yah, we knew that already."

I stand behind what I say. When I'm wrong I admit it.

BBON...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, by calling for the end of the era of Murray because of the pipe dream of Peterson. Simply put, it was never going to happen. What AP wanted, and what these locals dreamed about wasn't reality.

But any free thinking individual who considered everything would have come to the conclusion Minnesota would not make any deal which benefited Dallas without major draft picks headed their way.

I think the old saw, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me applies.

Minnesota will end up playing AP or taking a deal that does not include the guys who cleaned their clock all the way to three Super Bowls and made them the laughing stock of the league. Mike Lynn is no longer the GM. Old wounds heal slowly.

It was not going to happen when it was brought up. It still isn't. Ergo, pipe dream.

So you're coming in here after the fact and telling us it's never going to happen? I don't think anyone thinks it's very likely now. But to act like this was some idea concocted by fans is ridiculous. When the best back in football calls the owner begging to be on the team it's kind of, sort of news worthy.

You need to get over Murray. Your idea to re-sign him to big dollars was the worst of them all. The Cowboys being the highest bidder for such a fragile player coming off a career year with 400 touches "was never gonna happen".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You seem really angry about this whole Peterson thing, almost as if you're taking it personally somehow.

Why is that?

:huh:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
So we can post this story in here but not all the legitimate articles stating he is coming? Little confusing IMO....this is nothing more than Archer's opinion just like others claiming AP will be a cowboy.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So you're coming in here after the fact and telling us it's never going to happen? I don't think anyone thinks it's very likely now. But to act like this was some idea concocted by fans is ridiculous. When the best back in football calls the owner begging to be on the team it's kind of, sort of news worthy.

You need to get over Murray. Your idea to re-sign him to big dollars was the worst of them all.

I suppose I don't see where I suggested this was concocted by anyone here. I know the history of this story. It caught fire with some who fanned the idea and others went along. It was not going to happen then, and as time has worn on it still isn't.

There is a thread here speaking about Romo's cap hit over the next few years. His age remains the same ticking time bomb, as does his back. Will this team get through the other side of this without something drastic - ie. injury, erosion of skills due to age - happening?

I do not own a crystal ball.

But what I suspect is McFadden will not be the featured back. And while we have the usual suspects coming here after "reviewing film" to allay our fears, my thinking is he will be part of a committee assembled when Dallas decides they can poor boy this position by using a 3rd round pick as an addition and get by. Like so many here, they believe it was not Murray being special, but the line solely.

I disagree. It was a combination of the two.

Now with the Giants making noise about the Alabama WR, clock control becomes a premium around here and for this defense.

I find the notion suspect that a team finally finds a groove, and then breaks up what worked. Or the group think which endorses that idea as sound.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
You seem really angry about this whole Peterson thing, almost as if you're taking it personally somehow.

Why is that?

:huh:

Nope. Not angry. I think the emotion is closer to entertained to the point of laughter over this whole notion.

Stash, the way this has played out is just another in a series of rumors that was never destined to be fact.

As to the personal part. I do think Jerry, or more precisely Stephen has decided to play the financially responsible card too late in the day in Romo's career, and may have shipped off the workhorse of this franchise, and to the nearest enemy.

I have stated this before in this discussion. If there was any time the team needed to push all-in, it is now. Hardy was still a commodity that could be acquired with some financial trickery. Still have the draft picks and could still sign RoMc. Fact is all the moves were still possible under the cap constraint, including keeping the team together.

But the price is now. Win now.

They may still accomplish this. But you know me, I am skeptical of breaking up what finally worked for something unknown. I'm pretty consistent about that. All the way back to the comments "We have to play the young guys to see what we have." Another gem of an idea in the realm of two birds in the bush are better than what we have in our hands.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Not angry. I think the emotion is closer to entertained to the point of laughter over this whole notion.

Stash, the way this has played out is just another in a series of rumors that was never destined to be fact.

As to the personal part. I do think Jerry, or more precisely Stephen has decided to play the financially responsible card too late in the day in Romo's career, and may have shipped off the workhorse of this franchise, and to the nearest enemy.

I have stated this before in this discussion. If there was any time the team needed to push all-in, it is now. Hardy was still a commodity that could be acquired with some financial trickery. Still have the draft picks and could still sign RoMc. Fact is all the moves were still possible under the cap constraint, including keeping the team together.

But the price is now. Win now.

They may still accomplish this. But you know me, I am skeptical of breaking up what finally worked for something unknown. I'm pretty consistent about that. All the way back to the comments "We have to play the young guys to see what we have." Another gem of an idea in the realm of two birds in the bush are better than what we have in our hands.

I have to ask, would not acquiring Peterson align with the 'push all-in, win now' way of thinking?

It sure does for me, and I've been beating that win now drum for quite a while and it was a key reason why I wanted to sign Hardy as soon as I found out he'd be available.

Would you not consider Peterson an upgrade over Murray at running back?

erod

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of our two biggest signings both being suspended the first four games of the season.