Practice Squad Archer: Current Dallas Cowboys Practice Squad

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I would assume, unless conditioning is an issue, that our two callups for the first game will be Lawson and Cook.
I would be shocked to see Cook barring injury. Just how many backs can you have on the game day roster that don’t play teams?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would be shocked to see Cook barring injury. Just how many backs can you have on the game day roster that don’t play teams?
Dowdle can play coverage teams. Vaughn will likely be part of the kickoff return team as the second deep man.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would assume, unless conditioning is an issue, that our two callups for the first game will be Lawson and Cook.
No my opinion is I don't think we're gonna see dalvin cook and Ezekiel Elliott playing many games together.. I see dalvin cook as a insurance policy... But yes for sure Lawson's gonna get a lot of call ups..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No my opinion is I don't think we're gonna see dalvin cook and Ezekiel Elliott playing many games together.. I see dalvin cook as a insurance policy... But yes for sure Lawson's gonna get a lot of call ups..
Could be, but I kind of think they want to throw all these guys out there and see which combination works. They have no certainties, but Elliott and Cook are coming off down years where they both looked like they are hitting the wall, Dowdle has not held up healthwise despite not really having to carry much of a load and who knows what Vaughn is going to become (other than Catch17).

I do think it's possible that he's not called up for the first game simply because of conditioning, and maybe if that happens and the backs do great without him, they'll wait.

Creeper

Reaction score
Trysten Hill was picked up by the Patriots for their practice squad. I was surprised to hear that. I thought he was out of the league.

Devin Harper was signed to the PS by the Steelers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Could be, but I kind of think they want to throw all these guys out there and see which combination works. They have no certainties, but Elliott and Cook are coming off down years where they both looked like they are hitting the wall, Dowdle has not held up healthwise despite not really having to carry much of a load and who knows what Vaughn is going to become (other than Catch17).

I do think it's possible that he's not called up for the first game simply because of conditioning, and maybe if that happens and the backs do great without him, they'll wait.
I'm on the opposite side I think this run game is gonna be fine as long the offensive line and the offensive coordinator execute and create the best packages suited for the best play call that is more important than having a top running back in this league because none of the top five running back in this league have been bringing their team rings that is a fact go look at the last 10 years of Super Bowls and go look who were the top five running backs in the league that year and tell me all the ones that got rings all the ones that were wearing the Russian crowns show me where they made the Super bowl and won the Super bowl but mainly are they elevating their teams look at Christian McCaffrey look at all that draft pick draft compensation and money that San Francisco gave him to come over then pay him an obscene amount of money for it older running back regardless of if he's still playing at a high level or not and then what it still has ended in the championship game they literally didn't win the Super bowl without him or with him he made no difference in my opinion,, the 49ers were just as good the year before they brought McCaffrey using the running back by committee with Mozart and those other guys.. That's a fact I mean this is overblown we've had some of the best running backs in the history of the NFL the last 10 years with Murray and zeke being rushing crown champions being really good we've got even had the really good offensive lines and most of those days it did not elevate us to a championship game..

Everyone worried about we didn't pick up a bigger name or a younger running back is exaggerating right now their perspective is skewed I look around the league and running back is the one position and we all agreed upon it back right before Ezekiel really got paid they were upset he got paid they said anybody with a decent run game and a offensive coordinator that wants to create opportunities in the run game with schemes that you didn't need a great running back you just needed a couple good running backs and that's what we have and I think deuce Vaughn is gonna be better if given the opportunities than people think I watched him in college he's not a gimmick he's a full time running back he played full time running back and special teams in college had 5000 scrimmage yards he played against some good defenses and lift them up....

I get Vaughn can't be that way in the NFL because of his size but he can definitely be a difference maker as a change of pace back if used properly and so can interpret coming from the slot motion behind the line of scrimmage get ******* creative that's all I'm saying Mike McCartney needs to be more ******* creative.... Excuse my stars because those are bomb drops because that's how I feel Mike McCarthy dropped the ******* ball last year because he did not utilize the rotation at running back or Turpin properly and that's why it looked bad....