News: Archer's final 53 roster projection

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Nahshon sighting! :thumbdown:
It wouldn’t be a Cowboys preseason game if Wright wasn’t giving up a big play, & this game was no different. Wright was again flagged for a PI penalty in the first quarter only to follow it up w/a second PI in the second quarter. It was the typical dreadful performance we have grown accustomed to seeing from Wright.

NO WAY ARCHER, will Wright make the 53!

erod

Reaction score
Still having some issues with my roster prediction based on what we've seen. I still lean heavy on the defensive side.

QB Prescott, DiNucci
REASON We'll probably keep Rush or Grier instead of DiNucci, but I feel DiNucci has earned a longer look and we're not going to win much with any of them if Prescott is hurt.

RB Elliott, Pollard, Dowdle
REASON I think the No. 3 spot was Davis' to win tonight and he didn't do it. Hopefully, we get him to the PS and Shampklin to IR

WR Lamb, Gallup, Brown, Tolbert, Fehoko, Turpin
REASON I like both Houston and Brandon Smith, better than some of the players we're keeping, but I think we can get both guys to the PS ... and Dallas has these ahead of him. If they go short-term IR with Washington, then we'll have to clear a roster spot for him initially.

TE Schultz, Ferguson, Hendershot
REASON Hendershot earned the third spot tonight. I'd put McKeon on the PS.

OTs Tyron Smith-IR, Tyler Smith, Steele, Ball, Waletzko (Aviante Collins)
REASON If we think Tyron will be back this year, we've got to keep him on the 53 initially so we'll have to clear a spot, which is why I have us cutting and bringing back Collins.

IL McGovern, Biadasz, Martin, Farniok
REASON I had us keeping five here with Tyler set to play guard, and four tackles, but I've reversed that. I put Collins down as the ninth guy, but I'm hopeful we pick up a vet despite the rhetoric from the Joneses

That gives me 23 on offense.

DE Lawrence, Fowler, Williams, Armstrong, Basham
REASON I feel fairly set with this group. We could cut Basham, though.

DT Gallimore, Odighizuwa, Bohanna, Hill, Golston, Watkins
REASON Ridgeway could be kept because he's a draft pick, but he needs to go to the PS.

LB Parsons, LVE, Barr, Cox, Gifford
REASON I think we go light at linebacker because Kearse also plays that position. That means Harper goes on the PS

CB Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Joseph, Wright/Goodwin, Bland
REASON I'm hedging my best on this one because I can't see us going with seven corners, but I don't know if Dallas is willing to cut Goodwin because of his special-teams prowess. Maybe with his special special-teamer role we keep Goodwin in addition to the six regular corners and cut Basham (can't see us reducing the offensive numbers any more than I already have).

S Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, Mukuamu, Bell
REASON I thought going into the preseason that we'd only keep four safeties, which would have made it easier to keep a seventh corner, but Mukuamu and Bell both showed too much to cut.

LS McQuaide
P Anger
K Maher
REASON I'm still kind of hoping we go a different direction at kicker because I don't trust Maher, but he looked good on the shorter kicks tonight.
You don't think Malik Davis won a spot tonight? He was fantastic.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tyron must be on the roster for a day to be eligible to return.
Well then thats what will happen!
Jerry thinks he can come back for the maybe playoffs lol, and be in all pro form !
Which is easier for him, since mostly he just grabbs guys, or shoves them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be a Cowboys preseason game if Wright wasn’t giving up a big play, & this game was no different. Wright was again flagged for a PI penalty in the first quarter only to follow it up w/a second PI in the second quarter. It was the typical dreadful performance we have grown accustomed to seeing from Wright.

cowboys like their guys !, if he is one, he will make the team. quinn drafted him, and kept him around, so I figure he stays.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You don't think Malik Davis won a spot tonight? He was fantastic.
maybe, but using past to judge cowboys , it is hard to unseat "their guys" .
I would like to see malik make it, and like him better than dowdle, but I think they pick dowdle over davis,
and rush over grier.

erod

Reaction score
maybe, but using past to judge cowboys , it is hard to unseat "their guys" .
I would like to see malik make it, and like him better than dowdle, but I think they pick dowdle over davis,
and rush over grier.
He made the team without a doubt.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Special Teams

ghst187

Reaction score
Brandon Smith >>>> Fehoko. Huge mistake to keep Fehoko over Smith. smith did exactly what he did in college, make a ridiculously hard catch of a crummy pass for a TD. IMO he’s easily top 5 WR on our roster.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Hopefully, Ridgeway makes the same kind of jump next year that it appears Bohanna is making this year.

As strange as it sounds, Trysten and Watkins are far better than Ridgeway. If Ridgeway stays, he ends up on the practice squad.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Like to keep will Grier on practice squad. Don’t think he did enough to take 2 spot.

no way we keep 8 wr. Someone is going pup or getting cut. Washington may get cut. Simi not so impressed with. Too soft. Turpin is lock.

think dowdle locked up 3rd rb spot. They didn’t even play him last game.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Lots of discussion and likely some debate going on among the coaching staff about who will actually make the official roster on Tuesday. I hope Jones & Son do NOT have any input. I hope those two dudes learn about it the way I do...by reading the final list after it is ready to be made public.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Will Grier is behind Rush. Will might as well head back up to grandpaws mountain with john boy DiNucci.