News: Archer's final 53 roster projection

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He's terrible. Couldn't hit wide open guys tonight. Rush is better.
After tonight, even though I hate to say it, Ben DiNucci looked like the best QB on the field tonight.

Grier greatly disappointed with so many bad passes that were way off target on wide open wide receivers. Inexcusable.

Cooper Rush doesn't throw any further than 5 yards. Noodle arm.

DiNucci looked like the best of the 3 tonight.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Still having some issues with my roster prediction based on what we've seen. I still lean heavy on the defensive side.

QB Prescott, DiNucci
REASON We'll probably keep Rush or Grier instead of DiNucci, but I feel DiNucci has earned a longer look and we're not going to win much with any of them if Prescott is hurt.

RB Elliott, Pollard, Dowdle
REASON I think the No. 3 spot was Davis' to win tonight and he didn't do it. Hopefully, we get him to the PS and Shampklin to IR

WR Lamb, Gallup, Brown, Tolbert, Fehoko, Turpin
REASON I like both Houston and Brandon Smith, better than some of the players we're keeping, but I think we can get both guys to the PS ... and Dallas has these ahead of him. If they go short-term IR with Washington, then we'll have to clear a roster spot for him initially.

TE Schultz, Ferguson, Hendershot
REASON Hendershot earned the third spot tonight. I'd put McKeon on the PS.

OTs Tyron Smith-IR, Tyler Smith, Steele, Ball, Waletzko (Aviante Collins)
REASON If we think Tyron will be back this year, we've got to keep him on the 53 initially so we'll have to clear a spot, which is why I have us cutting and bringing back Collins.

IL McGovern, Biadasz, Martin, Farniok
REASON I had us keeping five here with Tyler set to play guard, and four tackles, but I've reversed that. I put Collins down as the ninth guy, but I'm hopeful we pick up a vet despite the rhetoric from the Joneses

That gives me 23 on offense.

DE Lawrence, Fowler, Williams, Armstrong, Basham
REASON I feel fairly set with this group. We could cut Basham, though.

DT Gallimore, Odighizuwa, Bohanna, Hill, Golston, Watkins
REASON Ridgeway could be kept because he's a draft pick, but he needs to go to the PS.

LB Parsons, LVE, Barr, Cox, Gifford
REASON I think we go light at linebacker because Kearse also plays that position. That means Harper goes on the PS

CB Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Joseph, Wright/Goodwin, Bland
REASON I'm hedging my best on this one because I can't see us going with seven corners, but I don't know if Dallas is willing to cut Goodwin because of his special-teams prowess. Maybe with his special special-teamer role we keep Goodwin in addition to the six regular corners and cut Basham (can't see us reducing the offensive numbers any more than I already have).

S Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, Mukuamu, Bell
REASON I thought going into the preseason that we'd only keep four safeties, which would have made it easier to keep a seventh corner, but Mukuamu and Bell both showed too much to cut.

LS McQuaide
P Anger
K Maher
REASON I'm still kind of hoping we go a different direction at kicker because I don't trust Maher, but he looked good on the shorter kicks tonight.

Mcsports

Reaction score
After tonight, even though I hate to say it, Ben DiNucci looked like the best QB on the field tonight.

Grier greatly disappointed with so many bad passes that were way off target on wide open wide receivers. Inexcusable.

Cooper Rush doesn't throw any further than 5 yards. Noodle arm.

DiNucci looked like the best of the 3 tonight.
Yeah Cooper Rush immediately looks to the tight end on a 3 yard out route or the RB coming out of backfield.
I’m beginning to think we all drank the purple punch in Minnesota last year and IT never really happened.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I can't see us carrying just eight OL (after putting Tyron on short-term IR), so I believe we'd sign a ninth OL instead of bringing Goodwin back. Would need to cut from somewhere else to bring Goodwin back then ... and Ridgeway would be my choice with this roster configuration, or Houston because I don't see us carrying seven WRs.

dogberry

Reaction score
How many of our injured in addition to Tyrion Smith rate a McQuaide faux cut?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Waletzko may not be 100% but he looked better than Ball.

No question.

Sign another OT or two. Ball should go to PS.

plasticman

Reaction score
That's a pretty good assessment, actually. I also want to keep both rookie TE's.

My only disagreement is quarterback. I think it will still be Rush.

They will keep those five DT's.