News: Archer's final 53 roster projection

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I want to keep Devin Harper over Luke Gifford.

I also want Brandon Smith over like 3 of those receivers.
I agree. That toe tap in the end zone sealed it for me. He doesn't seem to get wide open but he gets open enough and is able to adjust and fight for the ball. Has he dropped a pass at all this preseason? I don't remember any. I don't see James Washington bringing anything that isn't in this young group except experience.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Nahshon Wright has had his moments. He's slowly growing. His physical potential and ability to improve is what keeps him on the team. That's what Dan Quinn sees and likes about Nahshon Wright.
Nashon has the physical ability to stick with his receiver. He's been in good position every time. He just doesn't get his head around in time which is teachable. We will see I guess.

timb2

Reaction score

My 53 Roster

QB(2)
Dak Prescott
Cooper Rush

RB(3)
Ezekiel Elliott
Tony Pollard
Malik Davis

WR(6)
CeeDee Lamb
Noah Brown
Simi Fehoko
Jalen Tolbert
Dennis Houston
Brandon Smith

TE(4)
Dalton Schultz
Jake Ferguson
Sean McKeon
Peyton Hendershot

OL(9)

LT
Tyler Smith
Josh Ball

LG
Connor McGovern
Issiac Alarcon

C
Tyler Biadiaz
Matt Farinok

RG
Zack Martin

RT
Terrence Steele
Matt Waletzsko

DL(9)

RDE
Daunte Fowler
Tarell Basham

RDT
Osa Odighizuwa
Trystin Hill

LDT
Neville Gallimore
Quinton Bohanna

LDE
Demarcus Lawrence
Sam Williams
Chauncey Golston

LB(6)

MLB
Micah Parsons
Leighton Vander Esch
Devin Harper

OLB
Anthony Barr
Jabril Cox
Storey Jackson

DB( 10)

CB
Trevon Diggs
Anthony Brown
Jourdan Lewis
Daron Bland
Nashon Wright

S
Malik Hooker
Jayron Kearse
Markese Bell
Israel Mukamu
Juanyeh Thomas

ST(4)

P-
Bryan Anger

K
Brett Maher

LS
Jake McQuade

KR/ PR
Kavonte Turpin

Last edited:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
My 53 Roster

QB(2)
Dak Prescott
Cooper Rush

RB(3)
Ezekiel Elliott
Tony Pollard
Malik Davis

WR(6)
CeeDee Lamb
Noah Brown
Simi Fehoko
Jalen Tolbert
Dennis Houston
Brandon Smith

TE(4)
Dalton Schultz
Jake Ferguson
Sean McKeon
Peyton Hendershot

OL(9)

LT
Tyler Smith
Josh Ball

LG
Connor McGovern
Issiac Alarcon

C
Tyler Biadiaz
Matt Farinok

RG
Zack Martin

RT
Terrence Steele
Matt Waletzsko

DL(9)

RDE
Daunte Fowler
Tarell Basham

RDT
Osa Odighizuwa
Trystin Hill

LDT
Neville Gallimore
Quinton Bohanna

LDE
Demarcus Lawrence
Sam Williams
Chauncey Golston

LB(6)

MLB
Micah Parsons
Leighton Vander Esch
Devin Harper

OLB
Anthony Barr
Jabril Cox
Storey Jackson

DB( 10)

CB
Trevon Diggs
Anthony Brown
Jourdan Lewis
Daron Bland
Nashon Wright

S
Malik Hooker
Jayron Kearse
Markese Bell
Israel Mukamu
Juanyeh Thomas

ST(4)

P-
Bryan Anger

K
Brett Maher

LS
Jake McQuade

KR/ PR
Kavonte Turpin
no Joseph huh? i think we should try and trade him

Mannix

Reaction score
I want to keep Devin Harper over Luke Gifford.

I also want Brandon Smith over like 3 of those receivers.[/QUOTE
I’ve given up think Brown will ever get cut…but Fehoko over Brandon Smith??? He couldn’t even locate and down a punt with nobody around him…only reason Smith won’t make the cut is because they didn’t draft him…pathetic!!!

chicago JK

Reaction score
I just have major concerns on the offense as a whole. They do t appear to have many big play guys. That is tough in todays nfl. They will have a untested offensive line who probably won’t be very good. I expect a lot of penalties and miscommunication, so putting together long drives will always be a problem. I think offensive will be a struggle all year.

the good news is the defensive should be good. Probably top 10, but not dominant. It is just difficult to be a strong contender if you have trouble putting points up.

Sydla

Reaction score
Drop WR James Washington to make room for K Brett Maher.

I also prefer WR TJ Vasher over James Washington, but Vasher hopefully will pass through waivers and be able to get stuffed on the Practice Squad once again.

Same goes for QB Ben DiNucci. Hope to pass him through waivers and get him back on the Practice Squad. I've never liked DiNucci, but tonight, he seriously impressed! He looked very good out there against the Seahawks backups.

You don’t have to worry about Maher. He’s taking Tyron Smith’s spot after they put Smith on IR.

Blitzen

Reaction score
If Nahshon Wright makes the roster that means he didn't have to perform whatsoever this summer to make it because he's sucked every time we've seen him.

Trysten Hill. Just no.

Trysten Hill would get my vote over Ridgeway (since Ridgeway does not appear to be NFL caliber), though I’m not a big fan. Watkins stays, Ridgeway to PS. Kelvin Joseph and Nashon Wright both need to go. James Washington also needs to go.

Jarntt

Reaction score

I don’t think Washington is on the roster even for the day because I don’t think he is very good and I don’t think any other team will either and I think Grier lost his shot to unseat Rush. I think Dinucci is our only backup QB who can actually throw the ball but he’s probably on the PS. Hopefully our #2 QB comes from another team because none of ours are very good.

8 WRs are ridiculous but I’m assuming that’s because he’s assuming moving Washington and Gallup off the active roster after a day.

eventually one of these wink wink cut and resign deals is going to bite them in the ***.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If Nahshon Wright makes the roster that means he didn't have to perform whatsoever this summer to make it because he's sucked every time we've seen him.

Trysten Hill. Just no.
Or he makes it for special teams and cb development as w e cut Goodwyn

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I just don’t get the Ridgeway love. He’s done zero since he got here other than act tough.
You probably wanted to cut Fehoko last year too. (Most here did) These guys do develop and teams usually protect their draft picks. Look at Bohanna. He didn't do much last year and this year it looks like the light came on.

Creeper

Reaction score
Tyron must be on the roster for a day to be eligible to return.

It makes no sense to plan for him to return. If they make the playoffs without him then maybe they don't need him. If they move Tyler Smith out to LT are they going to slide him back inside for 1 game or just the playoffs when Tyron comes back? That seems like it would be breaking up a good thing.

If they don't make the playoffs then what is the point of bringing him back at the end of a season when nothing is at stake. They should put him on IR and end his season. If you have to plan on 15 or 16 games without him then you might as well just not count on him at all.

At his age, with his history of injury, rushing him back would be really dumb. Bite the bullet now and move on.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
You probably wanted to cut Fehoko last year too. (Most here did) These guys do develop and teams usually protect their draft picks. Look at Bohanna. He didn't do much last year and this year it looks like the light came on.

it’s called the practice squad. No one is going to pick him up