News: Archer's final 53 roster projection

speedkilz88

Reaction score
it’s called the practice squad. No one is going to pick him up
Teams are most likely to grab draft picks. Ridgeway was a 5th round pick. Even if they make it to the practice squad teams can still take them at any time.

Creeper

Reaction score

I think maybe Gallup and probably Washington end up on the Reserved/PUP list which would create 2 roster spots for the Cowboys. When Gallup and Washington return in 4 weeks, the Cowboys will have to make moves to create room for them but who knows what injuries there might be by then. Honestly, I have my doubts about keeping Washington at all. I have not seen enough of him. I thought he was a jag to begin with.

I would just IR Tyron Smith. There is no point in having him come back in December. If he comes back in December it will be late December and that is assuming everything goes perfectly and there are no setbacks. I just don't see the point in bringing him back for the last 2 games after playing the first 15 without him. And there is a good chance the last game won't mean anything anyway.

I would keep 3 QBs, but not Grier.

Putting Tyron on IR gives them room to sign a kicker.

I wonder if Gifford makes the team this year. Devin Harper has more upside. To be honest, Barr hasn't played much and when he has played I have not seen anything to make me believe he is the player he once was. Maybe it is just rust. The only reason to keep Gifford is because he has more experience, but I would go with the better player.

I wonder if Waletzko makes the 53 man roster or if they make him get surgery and put him on IR? Can they stash him on the practice squad? That might be a risk.

I guess we will find out all the answers in a couple of days.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Why do ppl insist on holding on to James Washington...he's not it.

Also, Devin Harper is flat out better than Luke Gifford.

Havic

Reaction score
No way we keep 8 Wr imo, even if Washington is stashed on IR.

dogberry

Reaction score
Who wore the green helmet when Gifford came out?

Can Davis pass block?

If Gallup is scheduled to play in 3 weeks can we avoid keeping him on the roster?

How hurt is McKeon?

At this point do we have to put waive players to put them on IR?

Now too late to use PUP?

Is Tyrion Smith our only McQuaide trick move?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Trysten Hill would get my vote over Ridgeway (since Ridgeway does not appear to be NFL caliber), though I’m not a big fan. Watkins stays, Ridgeway to PS. Kelvin Joseph and Nashon Wright both need to go. James Washington also needs to go.

Hopefully, Ridgeway makes the same kind of jump next year that it appears Bohanna is making this year.

dogberry

Reaction score
To follow up on gimmesix, who else benefited from additional time to look better? Mukuamu? Others?

Mannix

Reaction score
You probably wanted to cut Fehoko last year too. (Most here did) These guys do develop and teams usually protect their draft picks. Look at Bohanna. He didn't do much last year and this year it looks like the light came on.
Fehoko is trash....had he not been drafted, he would have been cut last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I certainly don’t think they need to keep those 8 wide receivers. I agree with most everything else.

John813

Reaction score
Who wore the green helmet when Gifford came out?

Can Davis pass block?

If Gallup is scheduled to play in 3 weeks can we avoid keeping him on the roster?

How hurt is McKeon?

At this point do we have to put waive players to put them on IR?

Now too late to use PUP?

Is Tyrion Smith our only McQuaide trick move?

Pup is only eligible for players who have not practiced yet in any capacity. Usually due to injuries prior to the start of the season or camp.

Clark for example would be eligible

12+88=7

Reaction score
I think Washington can be put on the PUP list to open a roster spot, while holding on to him and seeing how the younger WRs perform the first month.

I thought once a player participates in practice they are no longer eligible for the PUP list?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Weight is not a NFL caliber cornerback. Just because you have size and speed doesn’t mean you can play.