Are Ben & Skin Popular in Dallas?

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
I know for a fact that Ben is or at one point was a member of this forum haha but still the ticket is the way to go

funkytown

Reaction score
dalboy;4727990 said:
I know for a fact that Ben is or at one point was a member of this forum haha but still the ticket is the way to go

Most DFW media folks are members here.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ultimately, it is nice to be in dallas and have the 3 or 4 choices most hours of the day.

ben and skin were raised on ticketease and are the most ticket-like show out there. they are trying badly to develop their show/audience. they are very active on social media. they have very obvious and at times obnoxious biases. this happens to young guys. for instance i guarantee you they know a lot of negative things with regards to dez bryant that they don't repeat. they consider dez bryant adviser david wells a friend of their show but yet blast dez mercilessly. but young radio guys let that creep into the show. it shouldn't. if you don't tell the listener it doesnt exist.

all that said they have better mavs coverage than any station period. it isnt even close.

i grew up listening to norm. he does a very sportscentric show to be sure.. but the poor guy is really aged now. his guests are generally goose and JJT for football.... blech.

randy galloway is an acquired taste. the main thing with him is he doesn't take himself seriously. he is a pot stirrer and owns it. he pairs quite well with his current and company ensemble. they give him a more serious sports slant and he drags them offsides with crazy takes.

the ticket has lost program directors and producers to other stations. they are no longer some employee owned endeavor and ESPN will probably continue to leech their top talent.

the musers are my least favorite show. the fake characters and skits are usually pretty funny. but that's ALL they have. it is the entirety of what they do. if they seriously talk sports it is like listening to two recent immigrants from a third world country.

i switch around but usually go:
mike and mike
ben and skin(basketball season especially)
bob and dad
gac in the evening.

i am also a fan of chris arnold but that's because he interviewed me in high school regarding out football team. they didn't air my part but it was a cool experience and he is a really nice guy who works hard at what he does.

i have only listened to the FAN in small doses. found what i did listen to mostly mediocre but definitely better than the musers or cowherd.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Love the Musers, love Gordo, love Norm, love bad radio, hate the hard line.
Love 105.3 the fan, mostly cowboys talk.
Love Galloway and Company, most times.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I like all the shows on The Ticket. My least favorite is probably Norm because he talks all sports, but again, if that's what you're looking for, he's the guy.

My favorite? Probably BaD Radio. They have an awesome mix of personalities and the amount of time they spend on each topic just seems perfect to me.