Are Dak's Problems Mostly Mental or Physical?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Seriously....its one of the most cringe worthy videos I've ever seen....you can tell that he wishes he had NEVER agreed to it.
He'd probably lose one of those Dr. Pepper half time contests competing against a middle schooler trying to throw the ball into a container.

Cmac

Reaction score
Neither......it's who has the headphones on, who has the tablet in hand, who is whispering in his helmet, with a sheet full of plays, and who is the coaching gear.

cowboyec

Reaction score
neither because he's not a problem.
he's part of the solution.
what that early play-off exit showed was that this team is not there yet.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I can post videos that suit my narrative also...

Basically this reinforces what we already know .. Dak is a good QB.. maybe not a great one.. yet.. Some are dug in on the notion that he is the one athlete in the history of sports who cannot improve. Even though we have seen him improve steadily pretty much each year he's been the league. None of that really matters though. What matters to me is that he is the QB of my team and I WANT him to excel and continue to get better. Unlike some, I harbor no delusions that HE is the reason this is not a championship team. He's no worse than one of the 10 best in the world at what he does. And at least 10 QBs not as good as he have won championships. That tells me that if this team fails to climb the mountain, there will be a long list of reasons why before we get to the QB. And this nonsense about his losing some stupid parlor game on NFL network is just comical. At one point when I had one in my garage, I could probably have beat Steph Curry at Pop-a-Shot ... Does that make me a better shooter than him? A better basketball player? ... maybe not..

Mannix

Reaction score
The Dak worshippers hate this video. Some on here still say he’s Dak’s an accurate passer. Never has been…never will be.

They are the same ones that post on here EVERY off season that "Dak needs to work on being more accurate"....as if that skill can suddenly be learned seven (7) years into his pro career. :facepalm:

Tooter_Magee

Reaction score
His problem is that he's only a better than average QB with what's now an average (or below average) group of skill set offensive players around him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They are the same ones that post on here EVERY off season that "Dak needs to work on being more accurate"....as if that skill can suddenly be learned seven (7) years into his pro career. :facepalm:

Not learned, but can be sharpened. Mahomes' draft profile showed a list of weaknesses as long as your arm, but he's been to 2 SBs.

Something as simple as a modification to his footwork could help his accuracy, e.g.

Now has he improved his accuracy? Not much, but then again I wouldn't think Garrett, the ex-NFL quarterback, was much help there...

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
There was a guy on here yesterday saying Dak would master his position in a 'few more years' as if it's normal to give a QB AN ENTIRE DECADE to become proficient at his job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Basically this reinforces what we already know .. Dak is a good QB.. maybe not a great one.. yet.. Some are dug in on the notion that he is the one athlete in the history of sports who cannot improve. Even though we have seen him improve steadily pretty much each year he's been the league. None of that really matters though. What matters to me is that he is the QB of my team and I WANT him to excel and continue to get better. Unlike some, I harbor no delusions that HE is the reason this is not a championship team. He's no worse than one of the 10 best in the world at what he does. And at least 10 QBs not as good as he have won championships. That tells me that if this team fails to climb the mountain, there will be a long list of reasons why before we get to the QB. And this nonsense about his losing some stupid parlor game on NFL network is just comical. At one point when I had one in my garage, I could probably have beat Steph Curry at Pop-a-Shot ... Does that make me a better shooter than him? A better basketball player? ... maybe not..
So you don’t know what Dak is?

he has been here 7 years, it’s obvious.

so zeke is a great back but Dak maybe isn’t?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not learned, but can be sharpened. Mahomes' draft profile showed a list of weaknesses as long as your arm, but he's been to 2 SBs.

Something as simple as a modification to his footwork could help his accuracy, e.g.

Now has he improved his accuracy? Not much, but then again I wouldn't think Garrett, the ex-NFL quarterback, was much help there...

This is red herring.. Dak completed almost 69% of his passes DESPITW "slumping" for the last 9 games. He was over 75% before getting injured and having his footwork go to hell when he could not longer work on it as vigorously. Keep him healthy and his accuracy will stay on point.. IMHO of course.

Swagger

Reaction score
It's funny how there's such a divide amongst a fan base over a quarterback. Do you think the Packers, Chiefs and Bills have done the same over Rodgers, Mahomes and Allen in recent years? That answers your question about Prescott - i.e, he has basically been Blake Bortles in a stronger offense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So you don’t know what Dak is?

he has been here 7 years, it’s obvious.

so zeke is a great back but Dak maybe isn’t?

Pretty sure I stated that I know exactly what Dak is.. multiple times. Where I differ is with those who claim to know what he can or can't become. I don't.. neither do they.. What we all have in common is that none of us will have any ability to do anything about his play but watch..