Are Dak's Problems Mostly Mental or Physical?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Part of Jerry's 'Win Now' philosophy - a history of rushing players back from injury. Damn the torpedoes and hope for the best.
Of course, I surmise a fair number of seriously injured NFL players come back earlier than warranted. A lot play with minor injuries.
Hasn't worked out very well for Dallas recently.
I think it's concerning to me that there's zero talk about the run game. Like, they're content with status quo. I'm also ready to see if Pollard can be full-time.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak's problem is that he is whittling his career away in an organization that isn't dedicated to winning. He made the same mistake Romo made.
I think it goes hand in hand.

The Cowboys as an organization is not committed to winning and Dak as a QB is just not good enough.

Dak needs to be Trent Dilfer'd to a Super Bowl. The Cowboys can't put together a team around Dak good enough to carry him.

DonaldM

Reaction score
I think it goes hand in hand.

The Cowboys as an organization is not committed to winning and Dak as a QB is just not good enough.

Dak needs to be Trent Dilfer'd to a Super Bowl. The Cowboys can't put together a team around Dak good enough to carry him.
And who you suggesteing we grab

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dak gets less YAC because he's always late with the ball. He holds the ball to long. There are many plays he's just too late to throw and there are throws for big plays that could've been touchdowns. When wr make their breaks the ball usually isn't on time.

I'd argue we run more routes where our receiver runs to a point and stops then any other team in the league, limiting RAC.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's concerning to me that there's zero talk about the run game. Like, they're content with status quo. I'm also ready to see if Pollard can be full-time.
About sums it up. I would like to see more of Pollard.
Of course, Zeke is better at backfield blocking, which may be part of why they rushed him back.
But, that illustrates another problem. If Zeke has to block, our OLine is not doing its job well enough, and it might be worse this year.
Lots more of hoping-for-the-best!

Reactions: G2

DonaldM

Reaction score
Sad little man know that we are all laughing AT you, not with you.

You were given a chance but have shown yourself to be nothing more than a childish troll. The adults have dismissed you.
Lmao. Rookie

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
About sums it up. I would like to see more of Pollard.
Of course, Zeke is better at backfield blocking, which may be part of why they rushed him back.
But, that illustrates another problem. If Zeke has to block, our OLine is not doing its job well enough, and it might be worse this year.
Lots more of hoping-for-the-best!
All true.

Trajan

Reaction score
Does it really matter?????? You better be more worried about our owner. With a GM mental problem...:facepalm:

This is the correct answer. We could have any QB in the league here and this time won’t win. Jerruh and the moron son are not capable of creating the environment required to win.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Sad little man know that we are all laughing AT you, not with you.

You were given a chance but have shown yourself to be nothing more than a childish troll. The adults have dismissed you.
I was just messing with super mountain cowboy. He obviously knows football

shabazz

Reaction score
People underestimate the the injury he had.

if they do it’s not Dakotas fault. After the playoff loss one of the first questions he answered was that he’s been 100% healthy after the injury and for the last part of the season

I have no reason to question his honesty

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I think the main reason there is not a lot of talk about it is that they recognize that before Zeke got hurt they were killin it in the run game and the expectation is that with Zeke and Pollard both back from injury and Mr. "Holding, offense, number 52" gone it will return to form. I don't really see a problem with that reasoning. Provided of course they plug someone better in at LG. I have no confidence that McGovern is the answer but I am here to be proven wrong. I also think (hope) that someone gets into Kellen Moore's ear and tells him to get back to running the ball. And to do it somewhere other than up the middle 90% of the time.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
if they do it’s not Dakotas fault. After the playoff loss one of the first questions he answered was that he’s been 100% healthy after the injury and for the last part of the season

I have no reason to question his honesty

So you also believed Zeke was fine every time he stepped to the podium and stated the same? Come on man.. you know as well as I do that athletes lie about injuries all the time.. especially football players because they don't want to be perceived as using them for an excuse. While I applaud that bravado, I also have eyes and can see when a guy is favoring a body part and/or hesitating to do things he was doing before he got hurt.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore got this team to the #1 ranking in offense . . . with Dak as QB let that sink in.

Cowboys are lucky to have him. . . Moore knows exactly how Dak sucks and He has made Filet Mignon out of Bologna.

If the Cowboys offense is predictable its because Dak is a piss poor QB . . . Mentally and Physically.

Same thing will happen again this year . . . Moore will have some ingenious game plans . . . they will work the 1st 5 weeks abd then the league will catch on . . and then Nothing but TE and RB dumpoffs
Moore is also the same guy that calls 2-3 straight delay handoff running plays up the clogged middle....dak literally tripping over center's feet moving BACKWARD!....then claims the running game is broke let's pass 55 times.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the main reason there is not a lot of talk about it is that they recognize that before Zeke got hurt they were killin it in the run game and the expectation is that with Zeke and Pollard both back from injury and Mr. "Holding, offense, number 52" gone it will return to form. I don't really see a problem with that reasoning. Provided of course they plug someone better in at LG. I have no confidence that McGovern is the answer but I am here to be proven wrong. I also think (hope) that someone gets into Kellen Moore's ear and tells him to get back to running the ball. And to do it somewhere other than up the middle 90% of the time.
As usual....you beat me to it and spot on.

shabazz

Reaction score
So you also believed Zeke was fine every time he stepped to the podium and stated the same? Come on man.. you know as well as I do that athletes lie about injuries all the time.. especially football players because they don't want to be perceived as using them for an excuse. While I applaud that bravado, I also have eyes and can see when a guy is favoring a body part and/or hesitating to do things he was doing before he got hurt.

the fact that he said it AFTER the season gave it merit. If it was mid season i would take it with a grain of salt. No reason to be untruthful after the season. He made a point of saying it wasn’t a convenient excuse.

He manned up and I believe him…….I wish some others here would too