Are electric cars the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The use of fear by the powers that be to push this agenda should be a big red flag.
Well, that’s a better response than yawn.

Personally, I don’t need the powers that be to tell me that billions of people burning fossil fuels, dumping billions of tons of garbage into the air is bad for the environment and our health.

It seems like common sense to me.

Industrialization has been a great thing overall for improving our short term lives but I also see the value in continuing to advance technologies to help reduce the impact of our industrialization on the health of ourselves and the planet by generating energy in smarter ways.

I mean. We have been burning fossil fuels for close to two centuries now (on an industrial scale) But technology changes and advances over time when we find better ways to do things. Otherwise we would still be banging rocks together to make a fire when it’s cold outside.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You struck a nerve with the post above. I chose not to comment. There are people very passionate about climate change, and others equally rolling their eyes. Me personally, I do not think there's a pressing short term need. I am borderline on this being climate change related. There are so many consequences related to these mandates that raises red flags. You can't just take everything told to you at face value. People lie. It's very easy to fool someone. But much more difficult to get people to believe they've been fooled.
Even getting away from the climate change argument if people out there don’t believe or don’t want to believe. Whatever that’s their prerogative.

Regardless, we should all be able to agree that burning all this crap is bad for our health. That’s been pretty well documented and researched for years now.

All that aside, I just personally believe in human innovation. I don’t have a need to cling onto dying technology and I find technological advancement to be exciting and filled with opportunity.

You also mention people lying. Yes. People do lie. I also have suspicion that those who profit billions of dollars every quarter off the status quo technology also have strong reason to lie.

Lastly, I haven’t argued one way or another about mandates.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
@HungryLion (forgot to qoute you)

My point had nothing to do with the need for change. Point is, the use of fear as a tactic to induce change is a time honored method and should have you at least looking behind the curtain.

Go back and watch Al Gore's documentary, which kick started the global warming hysteria. Gloom and doom predictions galore none of which have materialized in the time frame predicted. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Progress is necessary and I'm certainly not against it but only for the right reasons. This is a case where it's becoming increasingly more difficult to buy what they're selling when it comes to the environmental catastrophe we were promised 20+ years ago.

Just for perspective, I'm here to tell you that the enviroment is much much better today then it was when I was a kid in the 70's, so progress had definitely been made. Now that's not to say we shouldn't keep going, but this end of times BS that supposedly our children are going to have to deal with if we don't go all electric in the next 10-20 years is a ridiculous attempt at manipulation through fear.

I guarantee you there is a "follow the money" element to this. There ALWAYS is.

1942willys

Reaction score
I’m sorry me sharing my opinion has caused you to get emotional and frustrated.

It’ll be ok.
Wow you really flatter yourself you are something when you are not
Keep it up I always like to laugh
so do it again please

1942willys

Reaction score

My point had nothing to do with the need for change. Point is, the use of fear as a tactic to induce change is a time honored method and should have you at least looking behind the curtain.

Go back and watch Al Gore's documentary, which kick started the global warming hysteria. Gloom and doom predictions galore none of which have materialized in the time frame predicted. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Progress is necessary and I'm certainly not against it but only for the right reasons. This is a case where it's becoming increasingly more difficult to buy what they're selling when it comes to the environmental catastrophe we were promised 20+ years ago.

Just for perspective, I'm here to tell you that the enviroment is much much better today then it was when I was a kid in the 70's, so progress had definitely been made. Now that's not to say we shouldn't keep going, but this end of times BS that supposedly our children are going to have to deal with if we don't go all electric in the next 10-20 years is a ridiculous attempt at manipulation through fear.

what so many do not want to hear
and hand in hand with money is power; its a power grab as well
the fear mongers always find lots of fools to scare

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Try buying a R410A HVAC systm in 2025.

That said, you may have no clue what I'm talking about. or refering to

Through laws and the businesses that HAVE to follow those laws, you can be forced to by anything.

Thing is, no one cares about HVAC unti you need it for your own home. EVERONE needs a car if they expect to work to earn money.
We’ve been talking about EV’s McFly. You obviously don’t know what that is. Hint, nothing to do with AC.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KNOCK OFF THE PERSONAL ATTACKS AND KEEP POLITICS OFF THE ZONE.
NEXT PERSON THAT BRINGS UP POLITICS GETS A 30 DAY VACATION.

DZSierra

Reaction score
We’ve been talking about EV’s McFly. You obviously don’t know what that is. Hint, nothing to do with AC.
My point went obviously over your head Biff.

I've been living with government regulation in my industry for the last 20 years, and guys like you have no clue what goes on. Honestly, like many of the people out there, you have no clue. Why? Because who cares about HVAC? HVAC doesn't make news, or if it does, it's a blip on the radar per news stories. No one what having a fit on the new SEER2 regulations that were implementedin 2023 were they?

However, now that we bring cars into the equation, everyone is interested because it affects your way of life. I get it.

What California has done to the HVAC industry is no different than what California is doing to the automotive industry.

So far, only 8 or so states have followed California's lead on banning gas auto's, but once it's out there, the toothpaste is out of the tube so to speak, and it's not going back in. Who care's about banning gas autos, that's not supposed to happend until 2035?

Yes, I get it. Your state doesn't have to follow.

Problem is, as of now, California accounts for at least 10% of all auto sales in the US. Don't get me wrong, manufacturers don't like it, but if they want a slice of the pie in market share, they will do what they need to do. Once that cat is out of the bag, it's only a matter of time that other states will follow... it's already happening. Believe me, HVAC manufacturers don't like California, but they also want a slice of the pie.

Would it make you feel any better that the refrigerant in your HVAC system being installed in 2025 actually has propane in it? Thus, we're all looking at compression fittings instead of pulling out a torch for brazing LOL

Creeper

Reaction score
No they won't. New Jersey gun laws prove your line of thinking wrong.
I don't see how one has anything to do with the other. My point is as when we get closer to 2035 it will be obvious the state is not ready for this. This is about having the infrastructure and public support for the law.

rags747

Reaction score

Just as there always has to be a Boogey Man, always has to be the next great Bad Man. Keep the people in constant fear, it makes them dependent.

rags747

Reaction score
I don't see how one has anything to do with the other. My point is as when we get closer to 2035 it will be obvious the state is not ready for this. This is about having the infrastructure and public support for the law.
Public support for the law? You made me laugh with that one! Like public support counts for anything.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You're issue is you're using to much common sense:)

As I've gotton older, I've come to the conclusion that many who write our laws don't understand the subject matter to begin with.

There were two major changes in 2020 in HVAC everyone knew about. The only common sense thinking was those who wrote the laws decided it best that both laws were not enacted on January 1st, 2023. However, both "laws" are still here.

You're thinking in the eyes of the consumer. You need to think in the eyes of the manufacturer who makes money selling their product to the masses. Those businesses are dictated by what laws are passed to what they can manufacturer.

1942willys

Reaction score
You're issue is you're using to much common sense:)

As I've gotton older, I've come to the conclusion that many who write our laws don't understand the subject matter to begin with.

There were two major changes in 2020 in HVAC everyone knew about. The only common sense thinking was those who wrote the laws decided it best that both laws were not enacted on January 1st, 2023. However, both "laws" are still here.

You're thinking in the eyes of the consumer. You need to think in the eyes of the manufacturer who makes money selling their product to the masses. Those businesses are dictated by what laws are passed to what they can manufacturer.
Exactly; so the comment about its not being forced is so stupid
IT is being forced.
and that never ends well

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My point went obviously over your head Biff.

I've been living with government regulation in my industry for the last 20 years, and guys like you have no clue what goes on. Honestly, like many of the people out there, you have no clue. Why? Because who cares about HVAC? HVAC doesn't make news, or if it does, it's a blip on the radar per news stories. No one what having a fit on the new SEER2 regulations that were implementedin 2023 were they?

However, now that we bring cars into the equation, everyone is interested because it affects your way of life. I get it.

What California has done to the HVAC industry is no different than what California is doing to the automotive industry.

So far, only 8 or so states have followed California's lead on banning gas auto's, but once it's out there, the toothpaste is out of the tube so to speak, and it's not going back in. Who care's about banning gas autos, that's not supposed to happend until 2035?

Yes, I get it. Your state doesn't have to follow.

Problem is, as of now, California accounts for at least 10% of all auto sales in the US. Don't get me wrong, manufacturers don't like it, but if they want a slice of the pie in market share, they will do what they need to do. Once that cat is out of the bag, it's only a matter of time that other states will follow... it's already happening. Believe me, HVAC manufacturers don't like California, but they also want a slice of the pie.

Would it make you feel any better that the refrigerant in your HVAC system being installed in 2025 actually has propane in it? Thus, we're all looking at compression fittings instead of pulling out a torch for brazing LOL
I don’t have AC. The trade winds keep it cool year round.

You’re just mad at yourself for picking the wrong industry to make a living. Change is inevitable. You can cry like a baby like you, or adapt and overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.