Are fans and Jerry "afraid" of life without Dak?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It seems to me that fans and Jerry are afraid of Dak not being here lol.
We cant go on without Dak !!

Well you can, they can, it just has a unknown factor to it.
You cant tie yourself to a player, and pay enormous contracts just because of fear of not having him.

NFL teams have to take risks if you want a championship team, it is part of the process.
It may turn out bad or great, but you still have to take the risks. If not they will just stay the same and that is kind of boring.

The only problem I see is that the jones boys might go for deions kid lol , then we are stuck with him for years till jerry finally realizes it wont lead
to a SB.

The main reason they need to move on from dak, is the $ to keep him here is too high to put a good team around him, and without a good
team to help him they may never even get past the div round.
This year it is possible they dont make the playoffs.

But at some point they will have to move on from Dak it has to happen eventually, so why not now and stir the pot , make things more interesting.

75boyz

Reaction score
I dont know about Jerry.
But to answer the OP from the perspective of CZ posters is that it gets pretty intense for those that want some 100 % guarantee that the change at QB will improve the current one and done ceiling we are at with Dak.

Those types usually sound as though they're mouthpieces for Jerry in keeping Dak. It's funny to read cuz some of them don't realize it.

But ultimately, you either are okay with taking a risk and possibly being worse or you continue to float along in the annual early playoff exits or worse.

Risk to reward at its finest.

Creeper

Reaction score
My philosophy is look to improve at every position. Try not to create new weaknesses in doing so.

But I also look at the big picture. Sometimes big decisions have to be made and now is one of those times. I am not afraid f life without Dak because we will face life without Dak in a few years no matter what happens with his contract this year. At the same time, I am not looking forward to the QB abyss either, which is certain at this point is Dak is gone. I have no problem with Dak at about $55 million. I am out on Dak at $60 million. But there is more to it than that. I would not give up the trade option with his next deal. I would not give him less than 6 years. I suspect when all is said and done Dak will get $60 million, a no trade clause and only 4 years again. Jerry delays these contracts for months or years only to sign the deal he didn't want when he started the negotiations.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

You cant tie yourself to a player, and pay enormous contracts just because of fear of not having him.

NFL teams have to take risks if you want a championship team, it is part of the process.
It may turn out bad or great, but you still have to take the risks. If not they will just stay the same and that is kind of boring.

The only problem I see is that the jones boys might go for deions kid lol , then we are stuck with him for years till jerry finally realizes it wont lead
to a SB.

The main reason they need to move on from dak, is the $ to keep him here is too high to put a good team around him, and without a good

But at some point they will have to move on from Dak it has to happen eventually, so why not now and stir the pot , make things more interesting.
Fans are uncomfortable with turmoil at the quarterback position. The Colts have definitively decided on a QB that’s played four regular season games. The Commanders have decided on a guy that’s played no regular season games. The Eagles signed a guy and they’ve decided it’s the guy they’re going to have to go with now. The Cowboys have a quarterback 8 seasons, coming off his best one, and they’re undecided what to do. It’s not a recipe for ultimate success.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

to a SB.

All will be well in fact much better having gotten the main reason we haven't progressed in the playoffs deleted from our team!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

to a SB.

Dak's fan club has made it abundantly clear we should all expect year after year of 1-16 seasons should Dak leave. He's irreplaceable in their minds. So yes, I think they're deathly afraid of #4 being gone.

I think they should stop being weenies... he isn't going to be the QB forever.

NotForLong

Reaction score

to a SB.

I have been saying this for 4 years. Just let him go.

As far s s Deion's kid, Jerry will not make it past his rookie contract

NotForLong

Reaction score
My philosophy is look to improve at every position. Try not to create new weaknesses in doing so.

But I also look at the big picture. Sometimes big decisions have to be made and now is one of those times. I am not afraid f life without Dak because we will face life without Dak in a few years no matter what happens with his contract this year. At the same time, I am not looking forward to the QB abyss either, which is certain at this point is Dak is gone. I have no problem with Dak at about $55 million. I am out on Dak at $60 million. But there is more to it than that. I would not give up the trade option with his next deal. I would not give him less than 6 years. I suspect when all is said and done Dak will get $60 million, a no trade clause and only 4 years again. Jerry delays these contracts for months or years only to sign the deal he didn't want when he started the negotiations.
I don't get it. What is the difference between 55 million and 60 million. How does this make sense

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

to a SB.

I don't care who is on the field....I just want to watch FOOTBALL!!

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I believe they should have a potential franchise guy in the things before they consider moving off Dak. The Chiefs had Mahomes in the building before they moved on from Alex Smith. I have my doubts Trey Lance is the guy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, you have lot folks invested in Dak jerseys and paraphernalia.

I think Jerry is obviously ambivalent at this point. That could be dementia setting in or finally coming to his senses not being bullied by players asking for new contracts.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't get it. What is the difference between 55 million and 60 million. How does this make sense
I have a feeling money is not the obstacle in the negotiation. I bet it is the structure of the contract. Anything Dak signs with Dallas will carry $40 million already. If they pay him $240 for 4 years that becomes $280 million against the cap or $70 million per year, depending on guaranteed money.

If they could keep Dak on the roster until he is 60 (he doesn't have to play) and don't mind giving up the roster spot until then, they could stretch that out for 30 years making his yearly cap number really low.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

to a SB.

There's a few here that are standing on street corners with "The End Is Nigh" signs ringing bells. They love hanging around the rim.