Are fans and Jerry "afraid" of life without Dak?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, you have lot folks invested in Dak jerseys and paraphernalia.

I think Jerry is obviously ambivalent at this point. That could be dementia setting in or finally coming to his senses not being bullied by players asking for new contracts.
They don't care about that nearly as much as being wrong on the internet.

coult44

Reaction score
It seems to me that fans and Jerry are afraid of Dak not being here lol.
We cant go on without Dak !!

Well you can, they can, it just has a unknown factor to it.
You cant tie yourself to a player, and pay enormous contracts just because of fear of not having him.

NFL teams have to take risks if you want a championship team, it is part of the process.
It may turn out bad or great, but you still have to take the risks. If not they will just stay the same and that is kind of boring.

The only problem I see is that the jones boys might go for deions kid lol , then we are stuck with him for years till jerry finally realizes it wont lead
to a SB.

The main reason they need to move on from dak, is the $ to keep him here is too high to put a good team around him, and without a good
team to help him they may never even get past the div round.
This year it is possible they dont make the playoffs.

But at some point they will have to move on from Dak it has to happen eventually, so why not now and stir the pot , make things more interesting.
I’m not afraid of life without Dak, but it’s silly to care about how much to pay him. Market value is market value. Unless you get lucky with a draft pick you’re gonna pay for a good QB. Look at what top 12 guys are making.

We won’t draft high enough to take Sanders. He’s gonna go top 10, and Cowboys will draft 17-28.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Fans are uncomfortable with turmoil at the quarterback position. The Colts have definitively decided on a QB that’s played four regular season games. The Commanders have decided on a guy that’s played no regular season games. The Eagles signed a guy and they’ve decided it’s the guy they’re going to have to go with now. The Cowboys have a quarterback 8 seasons, coming off his best one, and they’re undecided what to do. It’s not a recipe for ultimate success.
best season that ended the worst

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Many fans don’t have an issue moving on. And that’s fine . I don’t have much hope either way.

But we must realize why owners are not usually ready to move on. And continue to over pay for QB’s.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Im afraid that life after dak is lance. Like more afraid than I am of spiders and i freaking hate spiders.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The grass isn’t always greener. I get both sides. I mean you could end up like Chicago or Wash and not find another QB for decades. But paying Dak the most is ridiculous at his age and the fact he folds in big games.
Exactly..

Asking why haven’t we paid Dak during a pre-season game is ridiculous.

Asking why would we pay the guy when he provides nothing in the playoffs while we all wait for someone to make a play when Mr. 60 Million looks about like Lance did today in our biggest game of the year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So you don't care the Cowboys need to field their best players possible...you "just want to watch football".

okay. Sure.
I certainly won't cry about it every chance I get....I can't pick our players, so why bother. If this team made me so miserable, I wouldn't be here. IT'S A GAME!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I certainly won't cry about it every chance I get....I can't pick our players, so why bother. If this team made me so miserable, I wouldn't be here. IT'S A GAME!!
So why be HERE? Why...bother?

I never said cry every chance you get...but there you are arguing it.

Why do people change what is said so they can win the argument...I will never know.

If you don't care...why bother being here on cz? You...obviously...care.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't speak for old Jerral, but no, I'm not afraid. Daquito has one more season, his 9th, to put it all together and show us he can take that next step. If he doesn't, he is what he is, and that isn't a $60m player.

stiletto

Reaction score
Im afraid that life after dak is lance. Like more afraid than I am of spiders and i freaking hate spiders.
They aren't that heavily invested into Lance. They are going to see what he has and move on if need be. The next Cowboys QB is going to be probably starting in College this year. Lets just hope he isn't riding his bike around the driveway as an 8 year old or something. That's what I am afraid of. lol!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So why be HERE? Why...bother?

I never said cry every chance you get...but there you are arguing it.

Why do people change what is said so they can win the argument...I will never know.

If you don't care...why bother being here on cz? You...obviously...care.
You are the one arguing and always coming after me..you always have to come in like a super hero and protect the whiners....just like Might Mouse! Lol! Our hero!
:muttley: :muttley: :muttley:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are the one arguing and always coming after me..you always have to come in like a super hero and protect the whiners....just like Might Mouse! Lol! Our hero!
:muttley: :muttley: :muttley:
I am so sorry you feel I am ALWAYS coming after you . Dang....what a poor place to be. I am sorry. I will try to be nicer to you.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

You cant tie yourself to a player, and pay enormous contracts just because of fear of not having him.

NFL teams have to take risks if you want a championship team, it is part of the process.
It may turn out bad or great, but you still have to take the risks. If not they will just stay the same and that is kind of boring.

The only problem I see is that the jones boys might go for deions kid lol , then we are stuck with him for years till jerry finally realizes it wont lead
to a SB.

The main reason they need to move on from dak, is the $ to keep him here is too high to put a good team around him, and without a good

But at some point they will have to move on from Dak it has to happen eventually, so why not now and stir the pot , make things more interesting.
When will guys here finally understand the Jones Boys are not in business to win a championship. That is a novice fan's dream. These businessmen are solely worried about net profit and growing the brand.

Chasing6

Reaction score

to a SB.

What do think after watching Phenom Trance today???

Fmart322

Reaction score
I'm not because they hold an NFL draft every year. In that draft they have QBs.
The better QBs usually go fast.
Jerry and company need to start taking that chance.