Are fans and Jerry "afraid" of life without Dak?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It seems to me that fans and Jerry are afraid of Dak not being here lol.
We cant go on without Dak !!

Well you can, they can, it just has a unknown factor to it.
You cant tie yourself to a player, and pay enormous contracts just because of fear of not having him.

NFL teams have to take risks if you want a championship team, it is part of the process.
It may turn out bad or great, but you still have to take the risks. If not they will just stay the same and that is kind of boring.

The only problem I see is that the jones boys might go for deions kid lol , then we are stuck with him for years till jerry finally realizes it wont lead
to a SB.

The main reason they need to move on from dak, is the $ to keep him here is too high to put a good team around him, and without a good
team to help him they may never even get past the div round.
This year it is possible they dont make the playoffs.

But at some point they will have to move on from Dak it has to happen eventually, so why not now and stir the pot , make things more interesting.
Between Aikman and Romo we had some pretty poor QB play so yeah the fear of the unkown is real. But at some point if you can't get it done with your QB you need to start thinking of alternative plans. Not everyone can be John Elway.

Chasing6

Reaction score

You cant tie yourself to a player, and pay enormous contracts just because of fear of not having him.

NFL teams have to take risks if you want a championship team, it is part of the process.
It may turn out bad or great, but you still have to take the risks. If not they will just stay the same and that is kind of boring.

The only problem I see is that the jones boys might go for deions kid lol , then we are stuck with him for years till jerry finally realizes it wont lead
to a SB.

The main reason they need to move on from dak, is the $ to keep him here is too high to put a good team around him, and without a good

But at some point they will have to move on from Dak it has to happen eventually, so why not now and stir the pot , make things more interesting.
More afraid now than they were 12 hours ago.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Perhaps Jerry and fans remember life with Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Anthony Wright, Clint Stoerner and Ryan Leaf.

Perhaps they remember Romo's injury in 2015, heralding the exploits of Kellen Moore, Matt Casel and Brandon Weeden.

Worse QB's than Dak are far more abundant than those that are better than Dak.
I remember those days, but it wasnt just the qb's that were bad back then.
The offensive coaching was really bad lol. I remember the rb being tackled as the handoff was taking place, and the qb being sacked
before he was even set!
The OL was horrible no TE, no good run game, so how can any qb function in that kind of a mess?

It was coaching, as soon as parcels took over much of that went away and or got way better.

So comparing now to back then is not the thing to do.

Now in 2015 that was bad, not as bad, but Brandon was another of jerrys failed #1 picks he just had to try. Cassel was decent a few years earlier, but he
was at end of career, and kellen should never have been a bkup.

And I will admit with the jones boys running things,they could make a mess of it again. I keep thinking of what I would do, and I
forget that those 2 bozo's are not going to do what I would do.

At some point dak will be gone.......I think lol, or will he be the starter for another 15 years till he is 45?

I am just using logic, if they havent won with dak @ 40 mil apy, how are they going to win with him at 60 mil?
And add lamb at 35, and parsons at 40 or more !
Answer is team will get worse if they sign these 3.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Observing Lance at quarterback against the Rams, it's clear that the prospect of life without Dak is indeed daunting.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Observing Lance at quarterback against the Rams, it's clear that the prospect of life without Dak is indeed daunting.
Daunting is any future with a 60 million $ Dak...............
Heck even at 40 million he still can't win vs good teams.
How do teams find QB?
Think there is something called the Draft.................

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Daunting is any future with a 60 million $ Dak...............
Heck even at 40 million he still can't win vs good teams.
How do teams find QB?
Think there is something called the Draft.................
Who told you the price tag for Dak is $60 million? That's ridiculous. He's not the reason we haven't beaten good teams. At this point, it's too late to complain about the draft. Try again next year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I bet this game scared the crap out of old Jerrah, he can see the merchandise sells cratering as Lance's passes were sailing out of bounds.:laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who told you the price tag for Dak is $60 million? That's ridiculous. He's not the reason we haven't beaten good teams. At this point, it's too late to complain about the draft. Try again next year.
When a team fails to score the points necessary to win vs playoff caliber teams( aka our 3 Niner losses and the GB debacle) you bet your bottom dollar Dak is culprit # 1 in all those losses!
Heck, he even choked last season in Philly..........opps out of bounds baby!!!

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't get it. What is the difference between 55 million and 60 million. How does this make sense
Realistically, there is no way Dak will get paid less than $55 million. I don't like it but there are other QBs in Dak's class making that kind of money already. That is his value because that's where the NFL is now.

$60 million sets the market, and Dak is not good enough to be the highest paid QB, not for 1 year. $5 million may not seem like a big difference, but it could be the difference in keeping Tyler Smith or DaRon Bland down the road. Overpay 4 player by $5 million and that's $20 million against the CAP. Every million dollars counts and has an effect on the rest of the team. Managing the CAP is all about getting the most out of the money you have to spend.

Chasing6

Reaction score
My philosophy is look to improve at every position. Try not to create new weaknesses in doing so.

But I also look at the big picture. Sometimes big decisions have to be made and now is one of those times. I am not afraid f life without Dak because we will face life without Dak in a few years no matter what happens with his contract this year. At the same time, I am not looking forward to the QB abyss either, which is certain at this point is Dak is gone. I have no problem with Dak at about $55 million. I am out on Dak at $60 million. But there is more to it than that. I would not give up the trade option with his next deal. I would not give him less than 6 years. I suspect when all is said and done Dak will get $60 million, a no trade clause and only 4 years again. Jerry delays these contracts for months or years only to sign the deal he didn't want when he started the negotiations.
I am not afraid of life after any player leaving Dallas. What I am afraid of, is GM Jethro having an adequate succession plan to replace any and all players. Never mind recognizing the fact we can't stop the run and continue to do little to nothing to try and fix it.

Sandyf

Reaction score

to a SB.

Thanks but no thanks. Yes, one day we will have to move on from Dak but hopefully not this season or the next 4 years.

Sorry but I would rather win consistently and get to the playoffs with however anyone views our options on winning the playoff game. Yes, I want to get back to the Super Bowl but playing Russian roulette without any good option to make us better is not for me.

I respect the opposite points of view, just don't agree with them. Spent to many years with below average QBs and below .500 seasons to want to go back to that type of football. I'll leave that to Carolina.

Chasing6

Reaction score

to a SB.

Did GB have an unknown factor when Rodgers left?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Afraid of what? Not winning in the playoffs with someone cheaper? lol
not making the playoffs or even getting close to winning a division ???

that's the reality,

that's ridiculous if you think this team is built to hide A spare average quarterback or RAW rookie? ?

you haven't been watching, they don't build these teams strong enough with a run game, offensive line, in the trenches, and with a shutdown defense to roll with an average quarterbacks...

not happening,

so you might wanna stop using the word playoffs and this place will have something to truly whine about ,when we're actually bad we're actually average, we actually have a bad quarterback, and a bad team..

it'll actually be real this time, instead of a bunch of nonsensical post about how it sucks to you being in the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years, because we keep losing in the playoffs..

well,

how about we never even make the playoffs for the next 5 to 10 years and we're the ones looking up at the top of the division when New York and Washington pass us that's the reality of not having a top quarterback in Dallas because there is not a strong enough team to go on some kind of run like you've seen some of these spare quarterbacks who get the Super bowls or win Super Bowls on these all in teams this is not an all in team...

Into Mr. dandy Don if you're not going to pay Prescott don't pay Parsons or lamb you gotta get rid of diggs, tank ,and Martin this is a real reboot.. Trade them ALL!!

you can't have it both ways, it would be dumb to sign all these dudes to big contracts and start over at quarterback, there's no one afraid of life without that we're saying why are we arguing about lambs contract well we should just say trade them all if you don't want Prescott we need to get rid of all the prospects we can and get as much draft picks as we can..

So sign Prescott, then get these other deals done ,and let's try one last time before we get bad or get rid of them all that's my reboot, you cannot run down the middle with this and have an overpriced bunch of skill players with no quarterback. We're seeing that in other teams look at the Cleveland Browns they haven't even won a damn division since I believe it was 1986, I thought it was 1996 but either way we're worried about how we're getting knocked out in the first or second round of the playoffs it can be far worse we're talking about real misery...

This isn't about being scared this is about being a realist we have a quarterback good enough to keep us contending for another three years or so so you sign other players if not get ready for our huge drop off.

As a fan I'd rather be losing in the playoffs than being a true laughingstock, not the type of aour exaggerated drama Queens fan base around here say we're looked at with a clown ownership who's made us a top six team, that keeps getting prime time games, when our game start getting blacked out we start not being relative at all like really not relative, not fake not relative, like people around here keep saying..

There is no middle ground if you get rid of Prescott look at the next two drafts they're hard really any quarterbacks and you can't really pay another quarterback because remember you don't want to overpay a quarterback that means you need to start completely over, drop a complete bomb on this, and we're going to be bad for a long time who knows three years, five years, or 10 years??!!

we're going to be bad I've seen it with other teams they cannot find a quarterback and no matter what they do with the rest of their team they're below 500 most of the time..

blueblood70

Reaction score

to a SB.

Afraid of what? Not winning in the playoffs with someone cheaper? lol
not making the playoffs or even getting close to winning a division ???

that's the reality,

that's ridiculous if you think this team is built to hide A spare average quarterback or RAW rookie? ?

you haven't been watching, they don't build these teams strong enough with a run game, offensive line, in the trenches, and with a shutdown defense to roll with an average quarterbacks...

not happening,

so you might wanna stop using the word playoffs and this place will have something to truly whine about ,when we're actually bad we're actually average, we actually have a bad quarterback, and a bad team..

it'll actually be real this time, instead of a bunch of nonsensical post about how it sucks to you being in the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years, because we keep losing in the playoffs..

well,

how about we never even make the playoffs for the next 5 to 10 years and we're the ones looking up at the top of the division when New York and Washington pass us that's the reality of not having a top quarterback in Dallas because there is not a strong enough team to go on some kind of run like you've seen some of these spare quarterbacks who get the Super bowls or win Super Bowls on these all in teams this is not an all in team...

Into Mr. dandy Don if you're not going to pay Prescott don't pay Parsons or lamb you gotta get rid of diggs, tank ,and Martin this is a real reboot.. Trade them ALL!!

you can't have it both ways, it would be dumb to sign all these dudes to big contracts and start over at quarterback, there's no one afraid of life without that we're saying why are we arguing about lambs contract well we should just say trade them all if you don't want Prescott we need to get rid of all the prospects we can and get as much draft picks as we can..

So sign Prescott, then get these other deals done ,and let's try one last time before we get bad or get rid of them all that's my reboot, you cannot run down the middle with this and have an overpriced bunch of skill players with no quarterback. We're seeing that in other teams look at the Cleveland Browns they haven't even won a damn division since I believe it was 1986, I thought it was 1996 but either way we're worried about how we're getting knocked out in the first or second round of the playoffs it can be far worse we're talking about real misery...

This isn't about being scared this is about being a realist we have a quarterback good enough to keep us contending for another three years or so so you sign other players if not get ready for our huge drop off.

As a fan I'd rather be losing in the playoffs than being a true laughingstock, not the type of aour exaggerated drama Queens fan base around here say we're looked at with a clown ownership who's made us a top six team, that keeps getting prime time games, when our game start getting blacked out we start not being relative at all like really not relative, not fake not relative, like people around here keep saying..

There is no middle ground if you get rid of Prescott look at the next two drafts they're hard really any quarterbacks and you can't really pay another quarterback because remember you don't want to overpay a quarterback that means you need to start completely over, drop a complete bomb on this, and we're going to be bad for a long time who knows three years, five years, or 10 years??!!

we're going to be bad I've seen it with other teams they cannot find a quarterback and no matter what they do with the rest of their team they're below 500 most of the time..