Are fans and Jerry "afraid" of life without Dak?

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
When will guys here finally understand the Jones Boys are not in business to win a championship. That is a novice fan's dream. These businessmen are solely worried about net profit and growing the brand.

Leonardi Dicaprio Raises Glass GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't get it. What is the difference between 55 million and 60 million. How does this make sense
well dont look for logic or common sense, lol it is jerry !
That would be another 20 mil off the cap over 4 years.

We dont know what has been offered, or what dak really wants, there are other things too, like no trade or franchise clauses, Guaranteed $
Length of contract , are some that I thought of.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I believe they should have a potential franchise guy in the things before they consider moving off Dak. The Chiefs had Mahomes in the building before they moved on from Alex Smith. I have my doubts Trey Lance is the guy.
the main problem with this is , if dak gets a similar contract again, they are stuck with him for another 4 years.
So if you draft a guy, his rookie contract would be up by time daks contract is up !!!!!!!!
So better to just get rid of dak then set about finding a new qb, and let rush be bus driver for awhile.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the main problem with this is , if dak gets a similar contract again, they are stuck with him for another 4 years.
So if you draft a guy, his rookie contract would be up by time daks contract is up !!!!!!!!
So better to just get rid of dak then set about finding a new qb, and let rush be bus driver for awhile.
Yep should have started this process a couple years ago

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It seems to me that fans and Jerry are afraid of Dak not being here lol.
We cant go on without Dak !!

Well you can, they can, it just has a unknown factor to it.
You cant tie yourself to a player, and pay enormous contracts just because of fear of not having him.

NFL teams have to take risks if you want a championship team, it is part of the process.
It may turn out bad or great, but you still have to take the risks. If not they will just stay the same and that is kind of boring.

The only problem I see is that the jones boys might go for deions kid lol , then we are stuck with him for years till jerry finally realizes it wont lead
to a SB.

The main reason they need to move on from dak, is the $ to keep him here is too high to put a good team around him, and without a good
team to help him they may never even get past the div round.
This year it is possible they dont make the playoffs.

But at some point they will have to move on from Dak it has to happen eventually, so why not now and stir the pot , make things more interesting.
At some point you have to move on from a player when they get older and start to decline. But you don’t do it when it’s the opposite. You keep him as long as you can and as long as he’s an All Pro, MVP candidate, etc. Some of you are really entertaining.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So why be HERE? Why...bother?

I never said cry every chance you get...but there you are arguing it.

Why do people change what is said so they can win the argument...I will never know.

If you don't care...why bother being here on cz? You...obviously...care.
Is this GOD?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh...and if you truly cared about me stopping bugging you...please put me on ignore instead of being so dramatic.
I don't ignore people like you....you may be annoying, but you also provide some good laughs. If I put you on ignore, you can still see my posts and comment on them...so, no ignore for you

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

You cant tie yourself to a player, and pay enormous contracts just because of fear of not having him.

NFL teams have to take risks if you want a championship team, it is part of the process.
It may turn out bad or great, but you still have to take the risks. If not they will just stay the same and that is kind of boring.

The only problem I see is that the jones boys might go for deions kid lol , then we are stuck with him for years till jerry finally realizes it wont lead
to a SB.

The main reason they need to move on from dak, is the $ to keep him here is too high to put a good team around him, and without a good

But at some point they will have to move on from Dak it has to happen eventually, so why not now and stir the pot , make things more interesting.
I'm more afraid of life with Dak.....and that massive crap contract that's gonna kill the entire team going forward. Your not going to win anything with #4 pulling the trigger. So why handicap yourself? I can't believe more people can't see the situation for what it is...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What do think after watching Phenom Trance today???
Well first let me say , I dont view lance as a # 1 pick or a top qb etc.
I view him as a guy with very little playing experience , trying to prove he can play in NFL.

I
thought he did ok in his first practice game as a cowboy. He didnt throw any int's which was good, made at least 1 good run , hit on some passes,
was way off on others, but he is playing with lower level players , and he needs a lot of playing time.
Lets see if he gets better in the next 2 games.

He is not ready to be a starter, so that means he might be too expensive to keep when his current contract is up.
It was the defense that lost the game today.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm more afraid of life with Dak.....and that massive crap contract that's gonna kill the entire team going forward. Your not going to win anything with #4 pulling the trigger. So why handicap yourself? I can't believe more people can't see the situation for what it is...
yes, they would do better with a good bus driver who is cheap.
But jerry likes dak for marketing purposes so.............. who knows what happens.
Jerry's circus has to have the stars, and with no stars, jerry is afraid of less attention etc.

plasticman

Reaction score

to a SB.

Perhaps Jerry and fans remember life with Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Anthony Wright, Clint Stoerner and Ryan Leaf.

Perhaps they remember Romo's injury in 2015, heralding the exploits of Kellen Moore, Matt Casel and Brandon Weeden.

Worse QB's than Dak are far more abundant than those that are better than Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well first let me say , I dont view lance as a # 1 pick or a top qb etc.
I view him as a guy with very little playing experience , trying to prove he can play in NFL.

I
thought he did ok in his first practice game as a cowboy. He didnt throw any int's which was good, made at least 1 good run , hit on some passes,
was way off on others, but he is playing with lower level players , and he needs a lot of playing time.
Lets see if he gets better in the next 2 games.

He is not ready to be a starter, so that means he might be too expensive to keep when his current contract is up.
It was the defense that lost the game today.
I agree he has less experience than the QB's drafted this year and this is his 4th year in the NFL. He is the only player that has been referred to as still a rookie on year 4 in the NFL.