Are our QBs 'coach killers'?

Nav22

Reaction score
Now do not freak out about asking this.

It's not another Dak thread.”

Liar. This was absolutely another one of your anti-Dak threads, and your attention whorism is flat-out pathetic.

Oh, and Parcells NEVER called Romo a “coach killer.” You made that up because you’re a dishonest joke of a man.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Redball's pet Parrot got online again.

rags747

Reaction score
I loved Parcells and can honestly say I’ve seen every press conference he had as the Cowboys head coach. Pure gold the knowledge I gained from those. I never remember hearing him say Romo was a coach killer. The OP is a known Dak hater troll. The only threads he posts are hating on Dak. He’ll post lies like this one to try to add credence to his trolls. Sadly, some people don’t know any better and swallow.
It never happened, Parcells absolutely loved Romo. If Parcells was maybe 5 years younger he would have got that SB trophy. OP is spreading Fake News!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Man, wouldn’t that be great!

This guy basically posts the same thread 3 times a week and its allowed. I swear that every time I start a thread it gets moved 70% of the time. Just an observation. If I started 3 threads a week on how great Dak was it would get moved or merged every time.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No, don't believe in multiple QB coach killers.

I do believe in individual thread killers.

Like the OP.

Not saying it was the OP.

Just like the OP.
Grouchy huh?

It's not a pretty question.

But the reality is the possibility exists that the QBs chosen are at the root of the problem.

Open minds are healthy minds, bro.

Thanx for playing along.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It never happened, Parcells absolutely loved Romo. If Parcells was maybe 5 years younger he would have got that SB trophy. OP is spreading Fake News!
Fake news?

You are confused.

This is not news. Its past and current history being DISCUSSED.

Try to read the thread, not just skim it until you just find something you can disagree with.

I try to help you guys and this is what I get?

Preposterous I say..

:lmao2:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No.

But at least in one sense, some number of fans are.

*ducking*
So please sign in..

I am a Romo lover

I am a Dak Lover

I am a Jerrah Hater

I am a Lover of everyone who agrees with me

Stop eating your Cheerios. Somebody sweetened it with panther piss.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I looked, couldn't find it, but I do have a vague recollection of Parcells saying this 'tongue in cheek'. Not serious at all.
Even if he said it 'tongue in cheek', there would be a reference to it on the internet. I tend to believe the lack of evidence over your vague recollection.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I looked, couldn't find it, but I do have a vague recollection of Parcells saying this 'tongue in cheek'. Not serious at all.
Versions of interpretation always allowed.

Its a strange comment to say looking for laughs.

Glad you verified it was said.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Parcells loved Romo,
He did like to ride his players
What are you even talking about.

Now I remember this part of Red.
He was anti Romo for years. Always seeing things through sone weird prism.
Ahuh..

Romo needed to go but that was not the question and not my point.

The point is that Jerrah consistently chooses pet cats and stays with them until they drop.

He did it with Romo, then Garrett. 10 year runs with minimal success.

What Jerrah wants, he gets.

Right now he wants Dak for the next 5 years. That means another 10 years total for another QB who was high risk and low yield.

People should be able to see why we do not win..but they do not have to believe it.

Not my mission.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
"It's not a Dak thread"

Now here are reasons Dak sucks and is a coach killer but I try not to make it obvious.
Yuk yuk yuk..

The thread is about why we try to not invest in top QBs and win instead with project QBs instead.

Who is responsible for this?

It is not a Dak thread.

He is part of the problem right now but is not the real overall problem.

It's strange how clear language confuses people.

Hope that helps.

Still clear as mud?

Thought so.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Several posters have verified he said it.

Be my guest. Go ahead.

I'm a tad busy right now.

Knock yourself out. It's your question, not mine.
Its not my question. Im just saying that if you make a claim like, you should be able and willing to verify it.

No one verified it other than saying they remember something to that effect, and that it was tounge in check.

No materials were produced to back your claim. Therefor it cant be taken seriously. You cant make a claim and ask others to verify it for you

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think it depends on the QB and the coach.
IMO Romo was awesome but actually killed by Garrett and JJ (no protecton.)
Dak is a coach killer because of his limited ability.
That's for starters. No simple answer.
Of course Dak is a coach killer.

At the moment he is currently having a wrestling match with ownership of his income.

McCarthy cannot enjoy this one bit. It will not surprise me to see him keep Dak on the Exclusive Tag and make Dak earn McCarthy's trust in 2020.

Seems logical to me. And I think Dak sees that coming.

Dak does not want another prove it year before he gets paid big.

But it's a business. Dak has to prove he was the right choice every year.

Welcome to the real world, Dak.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The fetish we had for offense during the Romo era really crippled the team.

He was penciled in as our starter for 10 drafts (2007 through 2016), and during that span, we spent 7 picks on offense and only 4 on defense. That's almost a 2-to-1 disparity in how much more we valued offense at the expense of defense.

And a lot of those offensive picks were real luxury picks. A backup RB in Felix (in the same offseason after we already locked up Marion Barber to a big extension to be our workhorse). A #3 WR in Roy Williams. Interior o-linemen who turned out great but, still, it's big resources to spend on interior line positions. And of course a top 5 pick on a RB even though we'd just proven that a journeyman off the street who no one else wanted could walk into our offense and finish as the 4th leading rusher in the league with our line.

Granted, if we'd just *hit* on the 4 defensive picks we made, things might be different.

In an 8-year career, Spencer gave us one double-digit sack season where he played well enough to justify his 1st round status That's 7 years where he wasn't worth it. If you invert that number and he gives us 7 really good seasons instead of just the 1 really good one, Romo probably retires with a ring.

If Claiborne lived up to the "best corner in the draft class" hype, Romo probably retires with a ring.

So far, we've been more interested in defense during the Dak drafts, and that mere interest in defense is at least reason for optimism that we're perhaps going to prioritize defense in a way that might keep us from squandering the Dak era like we did with the Romo era. Taco in 2017 and LVE in 2018 before gong offense with Amari 2019. Granted, I don't like the economics of needlessly spending 1st round resources on a 43 linebacker in this day and age when the pass rush and secondary are the premium spots, but whatever.
Trueisms galore.

What you are saying is..

"We were Romo Friendly"

And now we are "Dak Friendly" now but need to remember about being "Defense Friendly".

True enough except tough to do as Zeke, Amari and soon Dak are going to own 40% of our cap soon.

We either win as constructed and McCarthy does it thru his coaching..

or we will eventually roll over and sink becuz we are top heavy with offensive cap.

Did I understand you?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Parcells was known for calling people names to get under their skin.
In 2006 he complained that players had become too thin-skinned.
He then said that he could say anything to "that Romo" and it just rolled off his back...and he liked that thick skin.

So who knows, maybe while being a typical Bill in practice bad play, maybe he said "coach-killer". I never heard it.
Sounds more like something Gil Brandnt might 've said after that game in Washington. Two years later, Brandt then said Romo had one of the best years by any Cowboy QB in 2014. People say things.

But anyone that knows anything about Parcells knows he brags any chance he can get about Romo.
He loves the guy and is proud that he was the HC when he got started.

cowboygo

Reaction score
The fetish we had for offense during the Romo era really crippled the team.

He was penciled in as our starter for 10 drafts (2007 through 2016), and during that span, we spent 7 picks on offense and only 4 on defense. That's almost a 2-to-1 disparity in how much more we valued offense at the expense of defense.

And a lot of those offensive picks were real luxury picks. A backup RB in Felix (in the same offseason after we already locked up Marion Barber to a big extension to be our workhorse). A #3 WR in Roy Williams. Interior o-linemen who turned out great but, still, it's big resources to spend on interior line positions. And of course a top 5 pick on a RB even though we'd just proven that a journeyman off the street who no one else wanted could walk into our offense and finish as the 4th leading rusher in the league with our line.

Granted, if we'd just *hit* on the 4 defensive picks we made, things might be different.

In an 8-year career, Spencer gave us one double-digit sack season where he played well enough to justify his 1st round status That's 7 years where he wasn't worth it. If you invert that number and he gives us 7 really good seasons instead of just the 1 really good one, Romo probably retires with a ring.

If Claiborne lived up to the "best corner in the draft class" hype, Romo probably retires with a ring.

So far, we've been more interested in defense during the Dak drafts, and that mere interest in defense is at least reason for optimism that we're perhaps going to prioritize defense in a way that might keep us from squandering the Dak era like we did with the Romo era. Taco in 2017 and LVE in 2018 before gong offense with Amari 2019. Granted, I don't like the economics of needlessly spending 1st round resources on a 43 linebacker in this day and age when the pass rush and secondary are the premium spots, but whatever.
Either we can't draft for defensive talent, or we can't develop them. We keep drafting defensive players with injury problems or with question marks, hoping they are fixable. Its easy to hit on non-premium positions in the 1st round which we have, RB and Interior O-Line. Only Tyron Smith was a good premium position selected, and it was a top 10 pick, so it gets easier there. We suck at drafting premium positions in the defensive side.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Its not my question. Im just saying that if you make a claim like, you should be able and willing to verify it.

No one verified it other than saying they remember something to that effect, and that it was tounge in check.

No materials were produced to back your claim. Therefor it cant be taken seriously. You cant make a claim and ask others to verify it for you
I have no order in my inbox to do what YOU SAY is needed.

You are hysterical.

I have a big picture of you saying this to your wife or GF demanding she find something on Google to support her statements.

She will tell you to piss up a rope and sleep on the coach.

I am telling you the same thing.

Bye. Last comment on this subject my friend. Ignor button coming if you do not calm down.

I reply to you as a courtesy. Try to be a good poster and understand that.