Are our QBs 'coach killers'?

kskboys

Reaction score
maybe so, BUT Wilson is elite he played within an offense with less talented WR, TE , and RB then Dak did

If you do pay a QB elite money he has to be able to play with less talent.. Dak can not..
Not when he won his super bowl. He was on a stacked team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Now do not freak out about asking this.

It's not another Dak thread.

It's about the position as it has been regarded over the years and chasing success with our team.

I will start with Romo.

Parcells had Sean Payton from the Giants come to Dallas when Parcells arrived. Rumor was that Payton was the next HC. Payton recruited Romo and he became a FA 4th string QB.

Instead the New Orleans job came and off Payton went along with Ireland.

Coach #1,Parcells, toughed it out and eventually Parcells had to sit Drew Bledsoe and start Romo. That marriage lasted a short while and one day, Parcells worried about Romo and his style of play being unpredictable and turnover prone.

Parcells called Romo "A Coach Killer".

The die was cast.

The first coach over Romo left, Parcells. You could say Payton was a second but I will not go that far. Payton wanted Brees.

Next, Phillips, Coach #2.. He had some success with Romo followed by a decline of the team.

Phillips was fired.

Romo survived but it became very apparent Romo the QB was the lead talent the team felt it must have.

Coach #3..Garrett took over. Three straight years of 8-8 followed along with rollercoaster years all over the map.

Dak replaced Romo.

Dak rose quickly initially then leveled off missing the playoffs twice in his first 4 season and only advancing past the first Rd. twice and no further.

Now Garrett is gone.

Up steps McCarthy..Coach #4.. It's way to early to say with Big Mike what is ahead.

But it's not too early to ask..

Are the QBs we ask to lead this team coach killers and just unable to win it all in the NFL?

Our QBs have gone thru Parcells, Phillips and Garrett as HCs. They are now on their 4th coach trying to win.

Is there any correlation with the fact that Romo was a FA and Dak is essentially a 4th Rd selection got any impact with the coaches failing?

Or is it just that we can not hire good HCs?

For us to break this downward spiral, do we just need to draft or trade for a top QB and move away from the bargain shopping at QB we always seem to do in the last 25 years.?

I know these questions will be to some slamming Romo and Dak.

But that is not my intent.

Is it really the coaching that is inferior or is it the QBs being assigned to the task.?

Ok..over to you.

We have plenty of time to discuss this.

BTW..T-shirts saying.." Coach Killer Walking" will be available at checkout. Just a little humor there.

Have a great weekend.

Another guy with the football IQ of my grandma. One of those 8-8 years Romo was fantastic, but the Cowboys had the worst defense in the history of the franchise.

This obsession that one player wins games by himself is nonsense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Another guy with the football IQ of my grandma. One of those 8-8 years Romo was fantastic, but the Cowboys had the worst defense in the history of the franchise.

This obsession that one player wins games by himself is nonsense.
This reply is so weak dude.

Go ask the KC fan boards what happens when Mahomes tanks or plays poorly?

They lose Einstein.

Next deep answer from me to your Grand Ma..

does she bet football with you? She should, she would own your house after 6 weeks.

Yuk yuk yuk.

kskboys

Reaction score
This reply is so weak dude.

Go ask the KC fan boards what happens when Mahomes tanks or plays poorly?

They lose Einstein.

Next deep answer from me to your Grand Ma..

does she bet football with you? She should, she would own your house after 6 weeks.

Yuk yuk yuk.
The QB position is so unimportant that they make almost double the next highest paid position.