News: Are people sleeping on the 2019 Dallas Cowboys?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Of all the pro sports in US, NFL seasons are the hardest to predict. Two predictions I will make:

1. There will be surprises...teams and players that both over and underperform.
2. Looking at a team’s schedule in May and making confident predictions is a dice roll at best. I believe there is no such thing as an “easy NFL schedule”. Predicting each game’s outcome and each team’s record now is fun but hardly very realistic.
My only guaranteed predictions are that this season will be fun and interesting. Think of all the questions that should be answered by the end of this season. Will Garrett earn an extension? Dak’s contract status? Will Kellen Moore be an upgrade at OC? And many more great questions.

IMO, right now the questions far outnumber the answers, and that’s fine with me.

These games will have a lot to do as how the team is seen:

Dallas has games against the Saints in New Orleans, the Green Bay Packers, the Minnesota Vikings, the Bears in Chicago, the Los Angeles Rams and the Patriots in New England.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wait a minute. The line is 8.4 wins? What the hell is that? If I bet the over and they go 8-7-1, do I win? Why not 8.3? Is there a difference?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I'm with ya. 11-5 is my meaningless prediction.

I'm not superstitious, but that even/odd year jinx is lurking.
Still, I'm saying we kick the door in this year. Fingers crossed... lol.

We kicked the door in last year only to see a ram running horns first right at us.

We got ramSacked

Flamma

Reaction score
Washington twice.
Giants twice.
Bill's.
Jets.
Dolphins.

That's seven wins for a team people are saying will win 8.5.

Don't forget Detroit. They are trash. If I didn't quit gambling, I'd be putting a boatload of cash on over 8.5. Best line there. Oh yeah, and over 11 for the Pats.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Are people sleeping on the 2019 Dallas Cowboys?
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/22/sleeping-2019-dallas-cowboys/

...the Cowboys are predicted to be win 8.4 games in 2019. This is ridiculous because ever since 2016, when the team drafted quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott, they have stayed above .500.

Even in the worst of the three years, they managed to win nine games. The Cowboys should at the very least be in the top 10. With the additions of former Pro Bowlers Robert Quinn (defensive end) and Randall Cobb (wide receiver), both the defense and offense have added a little spark.

Also, All-Pro Center Travis Frederick will be back on the offensive line to shore up some blocking problems. In no way have the Cowboys gotten any worse. At the very least they will be incrementally better than the 2018 season.

Another underrated advantage the Cowboys will have this season is a full offseason working with wide receiver Amari Cooper. Cooper was sensational last year recording 896 yards in total games (including postseason). Now, Cooper has had the whole offseason and will spend all of training camp with Prescott...
Yes, they have been asleep on the Cowboys since 1995. Rip Van Winkle like sleep.
ripvanwinkle.jpg

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
And you think division games are gimmies?
We lose a couple we should've won. And win a couple we should've lost. Happens every year. But even with that margin of era, I still give us 9 wins. So things kind of even out. So to answer your question, no division games aren't gimmies. But I do expect things to even out during the course of the season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Are people sleeping on the 2019 Dallas Cowboys?
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/22/sleeping-2019-dallas-cowboys/

...the Cowboys are predicted to be win 8.4 games in 2019. This is ridiculous because ever since 2016, when the team drafted quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott, they have stayed above .500.

Even in the worst of the three years, they managed to win nine games. The Cowboys should at the very least be in the top 10. With the additions of former Pro Bowlers Robert Quinn (defensive end) and Randall Cobb (wide receiver), both the defense and offense have added a little spark.

Also, All-Pro Center Travis Frederick will be back on the offensive line to shore up some blocking problems. In no way have the Cowboys gotten any worse. At the very least they will be incrementally better than the 2018 season.

Another underrated advantage the Cowboys will have this season is a full offseason working with wide receiver Amari Cooper. Cooper was sensational last year recording 896 yards in total games (including postseason). Now, Cooper has had the whole offseason and will spend all of training camp with Prescott...

most of the disrespect is coming from dallas' own fanbase its embarassing