Are the Cowboys a good football team?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh no, Ill have this conversation forever over and over again. No chance I am letting you lie your way our of your support for Garrett. 10 years from now, everyone on this site will remember you as Garretts biggest fan.

That's the price of "taking the unpopular side because its fun".
I have no problem with it. I stand by my arguments on Garrett’s behalf which had little to do with his coaching abilities.

I have an entire thread on the other forum here dedicated to it for all to see.

I still like Garrett. Class guy . Wish him well. He’ll always be a Cowboy in my book. The one Cowboys HC in our history I wish I’d met. The others I met were Tom and Jimmy. But then you haven’t followed me long enough to know my history.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least you are honest about it.

Well, you have to live with your choices. And if that pegs you as a guy that loved Garrett then you have to now deal with that. Denying it doesn't make you look good.
Do you even know why he defended Garrett? It wasn't because he thought he was the best choice, he felt it was the best way to try and keep Booger from himself. That's the job, as outlined by Parcells and he was dead on.

I don't think this team starts building that OL without Garrett. I don't think Booger stops thinking about the 90's team as the triplets without Garrett reminding him what that team was really about. His job was influencing and I think he did that well. He also seemed to be a good motivator but I just don't think he's a HC. I don't think he has the strategy skills and certainly not the tactical ones to be the HC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you even know why he defended Garrett? It wasn't because he thought he was the best choice, he felt it was the best way to try and keep Booger from himself. That's the job, as outlined by Parcells and he was dead on.

I don't think this team starts building that OL without Garrett. I don't think Booger stops thinking about the 90's team as the triplets without Garrett reminding him what that team was really about. His job was influencing and I think he did that well. He also seemed to be a good motivator but I just don't think he's a HC. I don't think he has the strategy skills and certainly not the tactical ones to be the HC.

LOL...……..oh yah he was dead on about Garrett. LOL

This is great...……...All the Garrett apologists coming out to defend each other.

No other coach would EVER think to fortify the Oline. What a trail blazer!!!! :lmao:

Gee...…...Garrett sure reminded us all what the 90's Cowboys were all about. :lmao2:

Yah great motivator, like when they all showed up for the Eagles game this year. And the way the team underachieved most of his career? Top level motivation!!!:lmao2:

Cant make this stuff up!!!!:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have no problem with it. I stand by my arguments on Garrett’s behalf which had little to do with his coaching abilities.

I still like Garrett. Class guy . Wish him well. He’ll always be a Cowboy in my book. The one Cowboys HC in our history I wish I’d met. The others I met were Tom and Jimmy. But then you haven’t followed me long enough to know my history.

LOL...….yah, you aren't in love with the guy. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Actually, you don't stand by Garrett. You are trying to soften your support of him as some kind of personal man crush. LOL

You thought Garrett did a great job. End of story. Anything else is just a lie.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually, you don't stand by Garrett. You are trying to soften your support of him as some kind of personal man crush. LOL

You thought Garrett did a great job. End of story. Anything else is just a lie.
There’s your easy out again. Provide one post where I said he was a great HC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL...….yah, you aren't in love with the guy. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:
This is your only response to the arguments we were having on the subject of this thread which you have derailed because didn’t agree with my arguments.

I’m Not sure why I waste my time with you kids. I’m just not a quitter.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There’s your easy out again. Provide one post where I said he was a great HC.
This is your only response to the arguments we were having on the subject of this thread which you have derailed because didn’t agree with my arguments.

You supported Garrett, there is no denial in that. You look silly.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound talking like that about Garrett? Its creepy. You are one weird guy. LOL

Garretts #1 fan...……..that is your legacy on here. Pathetic.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You supported Garrett, there is no denial in that. You look silly.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound talking like that about Garrett? Its creepy. You are one weird guy. LOL

Garretts #1 fan...……..that is your legacy on here. Pathetic.
Is it possible for you to move on with the discussion or must you always attempt to discredit every argument with I was a Garrett supporter . You apparently have no other rebuttal when we disagree.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I myself am unwilling to judge them at this point. The team has done the right moves, but after years of mediocrity we need results before I start saying they're a good team.

Exactly. We have had offseasons with tons of hope and then the season was a failure. Like last year. Especially after starting off 3-0. We have also had offseasons with not much real hope like 2018 and 2014 and we made good runs. Also 2016 with having to have a 4th rd rookie take over the team. Most didn't give us a chance. So who really knows with this team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is it possible for you to move on with the discussion or must you always attempt yo discredit every argument with I’m a Garrett supporter . You apparently have no other rebuttal when we disagree.

If Dak Prescott goes 8-8 the next 3 years and throws 20 picks a year I am going to look dumb.

LOL...……..what am I going to do when he gets cut?

Say...……….."duh, well I really didn't think he was THAT good I just really liked the guy and thought he got picked on too much"?

That is basically what you are doing.

Scotman

Reaction score
Good? Yes, I think so. But not great.

I think our offensive line is really over rated. I don't think they've been dominate since 2016. Most of that line was gone or not playing at anything close to 100% last year. I'm a big believer in the team going as the lines go. I LOVED Frederick, but he wasn't the same last year. And while Looney filled in admirably the year before, there was a big drop off from Fred at 100%. I think our line has a chance to be good again this year if Smith is healthy...big if IMO.

Our defensive line was way below average last year. When push came to shove, that's what people did to us. I'm hopeful we have more potential there this year.

So...I think we are good. We have not shown we are great.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly. We have had offseasons with tons of hope and then the season was a failure. Like last year. Especially after starting off 3-0. We have also had offseasons with not much real hope like 2018 and 2014 and we made good runs. Also 2016 with having to have a 4th rd rookie take over the team. Most didn't give us a chance. So who really knows with this team.

Now only is Garrett gone, but we are already getting huge dividends from MM. And the guy hasn't even started coaching on the field yet. Nothing is guaranteed, but everything we said Garrett wasn't doing, MM is doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Dak Prescott goes 8-8 the next 3 years and throws 20 picks a year I am going to look dumb.

LOL...……..what am I going to do when he gets cut?

Say...……….."duh, well I really didn't think he was THAT good I just really liked the guy and thought he got picked on too much"?

That is basically what you are doing.
No, thats what you are saying.

I raised some good arguments in this thread but your only response is I was a Garrett supporter. lol

You obviously still haven’t grasped my stance on Garrett after all of these back n forth we’ve had. Others have tried to tell you but you refuse to listen.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Now only is Garrett gone, but we are already getting huge dividends from MM. And the guy hasn't even started coaching on the field yet. Nothing is guaranteed, but everything we said Garrett wasn't doing, MM is doing.
That’s an opinion and general assessment not anything specific. In the end only reaching a championship game or more will be surpassing Garrett. The same barometer he and every HC since the 90’s has been measured with.

Unless your going to enjoy similar frustration and disappointment just because we have a more pricen and experienced HC.

I’m curious how old you are. Is Garrett the only HC you’ve seen with the Cowboys?

Silverstar

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys a good football team?

No...the Cowboys are currently not a good football team because 8-8 is average. To be considered a "good" football team you must have a winning record.
Whatever your record was the previous season is going to be the answer every time and it always should be.
Until this current team gets to 9 wins they are no better than the one last year. Even starting the season 8-0 doesn't guarantee you get that 9th win.