Are the Cowboys a good football team?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The question was about last years team. It was a good team. Poorly coached. Wasn't a GREAT team, but it was better than the results.

We had plenty of those type of years before, were we don't make the playoffs and then a team we felt we were better than gets in instead of us. Ultimately you are your record, no bragging rights for almost, could-of, should-of...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The meddling is what ran Parcells off and it will derail McCarthy most likely too.

Jerry already dictated retaining Moore. And Dak is probably a stipulation as well. If you want to believe everything is Rosy. Go right ahead but after 30 years of Jerry’s dysfunction I’ll need more evidence and results than this.

No he didn't dictate retaining Moore. LOL

Its like arguing with a child.

Nobody cares about jerry pal. Everyone knows he is a joke and nobody disputes that. Defending Garretts horrid coaching by deflecting the subject is pathetic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We had plenty of those type of years before, were we don't make the playoffs and then a team we felt we were better than gets in instead of us. Ultimately you are your record, no bragging rights for almost, could-of, should-of...

Again...…….the question was in regard to last years team only and that is what I am commenting on.

The crux of the question is specifically relating to the talent on the team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You even said yourself that you just pick the unpopular side, not because you believe in it, but just to do it. To be THAT guy. That is why you are a troll.
You’re reading what you want to into that.

Your emotion towards Garrett is clouding your reasoning. I defended Garrett on some fronts because I thought the Lynch Mob as I called them blamed everything on Garrett and felt he needed someone to go to bat for him.

It was easy for me cause I liked Jason , his and his families connection to the Cowboys. In an era when I’d basically given up all hope for Cowboys cause of Jerry , Jason gave me something to root for.

We go thru this every time cause you can’t take on my arguments and it derails these threads. That is the very definition of trolling tossing insults attempting to discredit my message.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not from where I am standing. DT is a big strength now. RDE has a chance to be above average as well.

Poe, McCoy, Crawford, Rookie. That's about as stout as you can get.
Our starting Dline is above average at exactly one spot of the four as of now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not from where I am standing. DT is a big strength now. RDE has a chance to be above average as well.

Poe, McCoy, Crawford, Rookie. That's about as stout as you can get.
How do you draw these conclusions without any evidence on the field?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re reading what you want to into that.

Your emotion towards Garrett is clouding your reasoning. I defended Garrett on some fronts because I thought the Lynch Mob as I called them blamed everything on Garrett and felt he needed someone to go to bat for him.

It was easy for me cause I liked Jason , his and his families connection to the Cowboys. In an era when I’d basically given up all hope for Cowboys cause of Jerry , Jason gave me something to root for.

We go thru this every time cause you can’t take on my arguments and it derails these threads. That is the very definition of trolling tossing insults attempting to discredit my message.

Are denying you told me that you like to take the "unpopular" opinion just to do it?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I gave Garrett the most hideous name” the greatest puppet” and said he was an extension of Jerry’s dysfunctional ways . I’m not sure how much more cynical I could be.

You just always saw me defending him in some circles because I didn’t believe Jerry would allow anything more. After 10 years it was looking pretty suspect. The Old Coot fought to keep him until the bitter end.

Coaching and leadership has been a problem for this franchise since Jimmy left. Parcells couldn’t overcome the toxic atmosphere here and I seriously doubt McCarthy will either. But I wish him luck. If he does I’ll place him on a pedestal.

He doesn't get that basically you've been saying that coaches like garrets, the puppets, are the symptom and that Jerrah is the actual disease.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How do you draw these conclusions without any evidence on the field?

LOL...………...Poe and McCoy have been playing for years as has Crawford.

How much evidence do you need? Did you think these guys were rookies?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He doesn't get that basically you've been saying that coaches like garrets, the puppets, are the symptom and that Jerrah is the actual disease.

All of it is true and no one has denied it. None of that changes the fact that Garrett was horrid.

Changing the subject to Jerry is simply a deflection of that reality.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You discredit yourself by who you support and who you don't.

-support garret
-don't support MM

For my part, I just am not going to let you lie about your stance or Garrett. And don't worry, I read you trying to do it over on the other board. I will soon be setting the record straight over there too.

I support all moving pieces with the Cowboys. Even the biggest joker of them all . Jerry frikin Jones. As much as I hate his butt. The way he’s ran my beloved franchise.

I haven’t been critical of McCarthy. I just gave him a disrespectful name just like I did Garrett.

You just can’t handle my arguments. It always has to be personal with you. That’s your only out.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Sure , if that’s how you wanna spin it. But I see us one player away from finishing a 3-5 start 6-10.

Silly for me to cherry pick my half season but yours is ok. Lol

My half season was to illustrate how silly the comparison is, but you do you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are denying you told me that you like to take the "unpopular" opinion just to do it?
I do it because he needed someone to defend him. And at the time I felt some of the blame was unjust. Do I enjoy the argument. Of course. I like playing devils advocate and taking the underdog role if it’s something I can get behind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I support all moving pieces with the Cowboys. Even the biggest joker of them all . Jerry frikin Jones. As much as I hate his butt. The way he’s ran my beloved franchise.

I haven’t been critical of McCarthy. I just gave him a disrespectful name just like I did Garrett.

You just can’t handle my arguments. It always has to be personal with you. That’s your only out.

You defended Garrett and consistently bragged that he was doing a great job. Anything else is a lie.

Not personal at all, I'm just not going to let a Garrett lover like you weasel his way out of 10 years of pathetic support. Its bad enough you defended that loser, but now you actually deny you thought he was a good coach?

Its beyond pathetic. Man up and we can move on.

And look you are already cutting up MM at every turn.