Are the Cowboys on a Freefall?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't see that part. I see the same thing happening every year, with Dak unable to move the team until the opposing team gets a big lead. This isn't new.
So, you believe it’s all about Dak? No contributing factors.

And you don’t believe a QB can be productive and effective even in a losing effort?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am only looking at the current state of the Cowboys. Running game isnt working. Not by a long shot. Adjustments need to be made based on injury, effectiveness, ect....ect......

Why bang your head against a with something that isnt working? Just like the beginning of the year. It was Dak and the passing game that made the defenses move back into a cover 2. When they start taking away the passing game, then you run. Not complicated.
That’s seems reasonable . Wonder why we don’t follow it. Either we have idiots in coaching or there are other factors in play.

leeblair

Reaction score
So, you believe it’s all about Dak? No contributing factors.

And you don’t believe a QB can be productive and effective even in a losing effort?
I think the common thread is how inept the offense is early in games as the season wears on and the pressure starts mounting. Dak's MO is that he does better after it's too late to win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the common thread is how inept the offense is early in games as the season wears on and the pressure starts mounting. Dak's MO is that he does better after it's too late to win.
You believed it was too late to win yesterday?

leeblair

Reaction score
You believed it was too late to win yesterday?
They didn't win. And a fast and furious comeback doesn't come without an emotional drain and a physical cost, whereas the team with the lead need only to make a play when necessary.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They didn't win. And a fast and furious comeback doesn't come without an emotional drain and a physical cost, whereas the team with the lead need only to make a play when necessary.
You didn’t answer the question.

Did you believe it was too late to win yesterday?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Starting slow and getting behind is not the recipe for winning here. Will lose most of those type of games. Dak, the O, and the D all started slow and got behind the 8 ball for the rest of the game. Then the bad officiating took over and all things went kaput.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Dallas has to play the Eagles for the division they will lose because think about their psyche after taking such a big lead in the division.

I think it comes down to this game against the Saints. If the Cowboys struggle and lose again, especially if Dak is missing easy passes still, then they will struggle to beat the WFT and Giants. Right now their psyche has to be in tatters. But if they get back some players on both sides of the ball for the New Orleans game, maybe that will lift their spirits a bit.

But Dak has to play better and the secondary needs to play better. They looked awful against the Raiders.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
So you have us splitting with the WFT yet the Eagles sweeping them? Yeh Ok. LOL.
I think it’s safe to say you were one of the people who thought there was no way the Cowboys would lose to the Raiders,

Nexx

Reaction score
if the injuries keep piling up then yes this fall will continue. they just need to get healthy to right the ship.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
I could honestly see us not winning another game at this rate, but we will probably squeeze one or two more out

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I say the team is experiencing a mid season slump. Free fall would be three losses with a gap of 10+ points each time. KC was a catastrophic show of nothing, but they won the Atlanta game like they should have against a bad team.

Now this Raiders game was like a shot in your own knee, they only beat themselves. But even with a horrendous performance and some bad ref calls they stayed within three points of the Raiders. Says more about how bad LV is though than anything about our qualities.

Bottom line, no, they aren't in a free fall. They just found a way to piss every supporter off by going from top contender to mediocre. 500 team within a month.

And yes, even the injuries and bad ref calls combined are no excuse. I still hope they get back that early season spirit.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yes.. We’ve lost 3 of 4 games.

Yep. This team has been exposed and are going nowhere. We are lucky we play in a crappy division so we will still probably win the East but in terms of those expectations a lot had when we were 6-1 and flying high into the bye week, that team is gone. That swag is no longer here. And we aren't getting it back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep. This team has been exposed and are going nowhere. We are lucky we play in a crappy division so we will still probably win the East but in terms of those expectations a lot had when we were 6-1 and flying high into the bye week, that team is gone. That swag is no longer here. And we aren't getting it back.

It’s all down to Dak really.

He’s the reason we were good early on. He’s the reason we stink right now.

His level of play has dropped considerably.

Zman5

Reaction score
I think it’s safe to say you were one of the people who thought there was no way the Cowboys would lose to the Raiders,

I said we should win since even most of the Raiders' fans thought the same. I didn't say there is no way we would lose. Do you know the difference?
And even if I did, does that make the idea about Cowboys splitting with WFT and Eagles sweeping the WFT any more logical? It's more logical to think that both teams will either sweep or split with the WFT.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sold this is a collapse. I also thought this team was over hyped at 6-1. Maybe this will ground all of the over the top SB talk and just focus on our battles week to week as a strong playoff contender.

We faced the toughest stretch of our schedule since our opening 2 weeks. And we are suffering through multiple key injuries and other lingering injuries. And a couple teams which were more desperate situations than ours. Last night was a must win if Raiders had intentions of remaining in playoff hunt. Those intangible factors play a role this time of year as we’ve seen other upsets of sorts around the league.

Good news is we have 4 upcoming games with losing record teams with 3 of them against division rivals including 2 with Wash. 11-6 and probably 10-7 is going to easily win our division.

We need to focus on getting everyone healthy for the playoffs. I’d sit Elliott and others as we probably won’t finish above 3rd or 4th seed anyway. If we have all of our Star talent healthy for playoffs we should still be a tough out.
Have no fear couple of dog teams coming up.....after that well you've already gotten a taste the last 3 weeks.