Are the Cowboys on a Freefall?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m not sold this is a collapse. I also thought this team was over hyped at 6-1. Maybe this will ground all of the over the top SB talk and just focus on our battles week to week as a strong playoff contender.

We faced the toughest stretch of our schedule since our opening 2 weeks. And we are suffering through multiple key injuries and other lingering injuries. And a couple teams which were more desperate situations than ours. Last night was a must win if Raiders had intentions of remaining in playoff hunt. Those intangible factors play a role this time of year as we’ve seen other upsets of sorts around the league.

Good news is we have 4 upcoming games with losing record teams with 3 of them against division rivals including 2 with Wash. 11-6 and probably 10-7 is going to easily win our division.

We need to focus on getting everyone healthy for the playoffs. I’d sit Elliott and others as we probably won’t finish above 3rd or 4th seed anyway. If we have all of our Star talent healthy for playoffs we should still be a tough out.
Losing 3 out of 4 is borderline collapse.

Lose to the Saints on Thursday and it will be 4 out of 5 and that dam well is a collapse.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The next 4 games will be against teams with losing records. :)

The rest of the season should be salvageable, if we just play our cards right. ;)

If not, we'll, possibly, be relegated to being back to the mediocre team that we've been in the past. o_O

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The next 4 games will be against teams with losing records. :)

The rest of the season should be salvageable, if we just play our cards right. ;)

If not, we'll, possibly, be relegated to being back to the mediocre team that we've been in the past. o_O

We are great against those teams.....only one hitch they are away games and we know how Dak likes the outdoors and grass.....:(

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Losing 3 out of 4 is borderline collapse.

Lose to the Saints on Thursday and it will be 4 out of 5 and that dam well is a collapse.
I agree. 4 out of 5 would definitely be more of a collapse with key divisional games coming up.

But to me a total collapse would need to be almost losing out missing the playoffs which I’d argue is quite a stretch at this point even if we lose next Thursday. This is more of a tailspin.

I’m reminded after beginning the season 6-1 we’ve never missed the playoffs in 14 tries with 10 division titles and 4 WC’s.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I’m not sold this is a collapse. I also thought this team was over hyped at 6-1. Maybe this will ground all of the over the top SB talk and just focus on our battles week to week as a strong playoff contender.

We faced the toughest stretch of our schedule since our opening 2 weeks. And we are suffering through multiple key injuries and other lingering injuries. And a couple teams which were more desperate situations than ours. Last night was a must win if Raiders had intentions of remaining in playoff hunt. Those intangible factors play a role this time of year as we’ve seen other upsets of sorts around the league.

Good news is we have 4 upcoming games with losing record teams with 3 of them against division rivals including 2 with Wash. 11-6 and probably 10-7 is going to easily win our division.

We need to focus on getting everyone healthy for the playoffs. I’d sit Elliott and others as we probably won’t finish above 3rd or 4th seed anyway. If we have all of our Star talent healthy for playoffs we should still be a tough out.

there isn’t one game left on schedule that’s an easy win. I wouldn’t be surprised if team looses out and goes 7-10
WFT beat Tampa
Giants got rid of garett’
Philly playing well
saints have been losing for a month and can barely score , just like Raiders and cowboys’ defense seems to cure every team’s bad offense .
It’s a Jerry Jones smoke & mirrors team

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yes and the only thing that will bring us back is jason garrett.... said nobody

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yes they are. Philly wins the division. This team has a culture of losing…

75boyz

Reaction score
In literal terms, after a 6-1 start it could be called a mid season free fall.

I still see them winning enough of these remaining 6 games in order to clinch a weak division title.

Post season "may allow ONE", but no more than ONE playoff win.

Bout all I got. Oh yeah and the cool Tom Petty chorus in the background, lol

jmo

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So, you believe it’s all about Dak? No contributing factors.

And you don’t believe a QB can be productive and effective even in a losing effort?

I believe the biggest difference since the Broncos game is Dak’s level of play going down and missing wide open players, 3 and outs, and slow starts are a big problem.

Dallas is putting the game in his hands. They aren’t putting it in Zeke or Pollards. They’re asking Dak to go win them games and he has been Classic Dak. Go as the team goes and not a put the team on his shoulders.

It won’t always be optimal and this sit around and wait for someone to do something offense aint cutting it.

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
No. It's one of those status quo lose 3 out of 4 for a 6-1 team deals.

Two of the three teams they've lost to are dog crap.

Kinda like TB going 7-5 into week 12 last year? It KC being 4-4 the year before. After years of stats you provided on Wentz I thought you’d be better than this

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe the biggest difference since the Broncos game is Dak’s level of play going down and missing wide open players, 3 and outs, and slow starts are a big problem.

Dallas is putting the game in his hands. They aren’t putting it in Zeke or Pollards. They’re asking Dak to go win them games and he has been Classic Dak. Go as the team goes and not a put the team on his shoulders.

It won’t always be optimal and this sit around and wait for someone to do something offense aint cutting it.
That’s a very poor overall evaluation . But at least you answered the question . That’s all you see wrong with this team. Lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We are great against those teams.....only one hitch they are away games and we know how Dak likes the outdoors and grass.....:(

How's about allowing him to actually participate in them, before assuming he'll fail . . . gee, what a novel idea! o_O

Right now, the entire team is in a state of ruination from a rash of injuries, while awaiting the return of so many players, especially on offense. Blaming Dak for the failures of many is anything but reasonable, even though it's nothing unusual for so many here. Congrats on being the leader of that pack. You must be very proud of that, no doubt.

Last edited:

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
1st of all the Cowboys have NEVER missed the playoffs after starting 6-1 in our history. 10 division titles and 4 WC appearances. I like those odds.

Our divisional rivals all have 6 losses. Theoretically one of them would have to win out to overcome while we lose 3 more. I’d wager all you want that won’t happen.

And I’d argue we probably only need 1 or 2 more wins to earn a playoff spot. I have to believe 9-8 gets at least a WC and 10-7 prob wins division.
Looks like with the Eagles loss today your point stands. Cowboys probably as good of a lock as you can be at this point of the season. Just wanted to give credit where it’s due. Cheers!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I agree. 4 out of 5 would definitely be more of a collapse with key divisional games coming up.

But to me a total collapse would need to be almost losing out missing the playoffs which I’d argue is quite a stretch at this point even if we lose next Thursday. This is more of a tailspin.

I’m reminded after beginning the season 6-1 we’ve never missed the playoffs in 14 tries with 10 division titles and 4 WC’s.

Thanks to the Eagles losing to the Giants, the division race is looking a lot better now. It is looking more and more like we will be locked into the 4th seed.

So that means playing the Rams in the first round most likely.

J12B

Reaction score