News: Are the Cowboys really about to release Zeke?

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you can't pay Zeke 16 million for the kind of performance he turned in last year.

Motorola

Reaction score
Though I quoted you, I wasn’t talking specifically to you… but kind of everybody in general.

People here will complain no matter what.

If Jerry is honest then he can’t hold things close to the vest.

If he doesn’t tell the truth about the team’s plans… then he’s lying.

You’re 100% right that they’re going to over react to everything he says. People do need to chill about what he says.
Or better yet --ignore what Jones says.

kumizi

Reaction score
We got further without cooper than with him. Lamb is better. Move on.
You’re allowed to have more than one wide receiver on the roster.

Whether Lamb is better than Cooper is irrelevant.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He would have been stupid not to make as much as he could....this league chews you up and spits you out. Again, you don't understand how this game works....all guys like you only see stats. Pretty comical, really.
You're right.

I don't care about these millionaires outside of what they do for my team.

Just like they don't care about me or you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You’re allowed to have more than one wide receiver on the roster.

Whether Lamb is better than Cooper is irrelevant.
yet the cost of 2nd WR who was becoming a 2nd and third target behind lamb and Schultz could not be here at 22mil with guaranteed bonus money about to kick in they took what they could to not have any of his money left against our cap...

sorry theres a cap and a balance you have to strike with talent vs cap.. Coop was making far too much to fit here anymore. yes anther WR with Gallup is nice but not at over 10-15..that what we need but lets be clear Lamb and Gallup =2 1+1 =2 correct? they made cap decision. our team from 18-21 with ced and cooper paired with lamb did what? that triplet group did not help us past the divisional round, ironic we got as far with and without that group.

not more than last year., it may have appeared to some was missed but not as much as one would think. Gallup back healthy with full camp will be who we hoped last year add nice complement to take browns place and draft another.

Cooper irrelevant for our plans..

i get why they let him go..yes talented but better off as a 1 not a 2 or 3 with that contract..we needed him in 18 but in 22 that was no longer the case. the issues wasn't letting cooper walk but underestimating Gallups return back to health and should have had at least replaced coop with little bit better WR then Washington although he also got hurt so the pan got sidetracked some.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There are several like him!
Just to refresh your memory from last summer. I told you Mike Fisher would be wrong. :thumbup:
The Cowboys moved on from Murray after he rushed for over 1800 yards with 13 TDs. He had had some injury issues during his career and was putting on mileage. I don’t care if Zeke rushes for over 1600 yards with double digit TDs the Cowboys will move on from him. He’ll have a ton of mileage on him and the Cowboys will release him. He’s making $15 million per season splitting carries with another back. That wasn’t what the Cowboys planned on when they paid him. Mike Fisher will end up being wrong as usual if he thinks Zeke will be back in 2023.
Gonna save this post @KJJ . Will bring it back up in 2023 to see who was right: You or Fish?
:p

stiletto

Reaction score
"Dismantling" a 3-14 team in October. Lol, that epitomizes Cowboys fans perfectly.

Do other running backs get totally gassed from that in a game? No.
Zero proof he gets gassed beside that one incident...so... your point is moot.

kumizi

Reaction score
yet the cost of 2nd WR who was becoming a 2nd and third target behind lamb and Schultz could not be here at 22mil with guaranteed bonus money about to kick in they took what they could to not have any of his money left against our cap...

sorry theres a cap and a balance you have to strike with talent vs cap.. Coop was making far too much to fit here anymore. yes anther WR with Gallup is nice but not at over 10-15..that what we need but lets be clear Lamb and Gallup =2 1+1 =2 correct? they made cap decision. our team from 18-21 with ced and cooper paired with lamb did what? that triplet group did not help us past the divisional round, ironic we got as far with and without that group.

not more than last year., it may have appeared to some was missed but not as much as one would think. Gallup back healthy with full camp will be who we hoped last year add nice complement to take browns place and draft another.

Cooper irrelevant for our plans..

i get why they let him go..yes talented but better off as a 1 not a 2 or 3 with that contract..we needed him in 18 but in 22 that was no longer the case. the issues wasn't letting cooper walk but underestimating Gallups return back to health and should have had at least replaced coop with little bit better WR then Washington although he also got hurt so the pan got sidetracked some.
The Cowboys were way under the salary cap last season.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Took horrific care of himself. Dabbled in all sorts of drugs, drank too much, got fat, constantly distracted by all sorts of off field incidents.

If a guy of his talent would have just prioritized his career for the short time football players play, he could have been a Hall of Famer. Instead, he's just a guy that never realized his level of potential.
I have no idea of who you are referring.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys were way under the salary cap last season.
sorry they weren't they made moves but by the end of the year after sighing many players throughout the year they ended with barely any left. that why you keep little just in case. barely had 7mil left and then had to resyucture 6 deals this offseaosn. give it a brwak. hes gone he qwas overpriced for ourt needs. All facts.. go get you a browns coop jersey and sleep with it on proudly..

jeez an entire year without him and now new season starting and whining still happening as if somehow coop would have changed our year even though we had the WR group from 2018-2021 and nothing happened any differently then it did in 2022..case closed. did i miss the championship games and SB Coops brough to raiders, cowboys and browns LOL any AFC/NFC championship games.. NOPE

Praxit

Reaction score
I really think he becomes a Buffalo Bill. A team that only needs a RB in short yardage, protect Allen and kill the clock.

2.5-3 million contract for one season and a chance to play for a winner
..I just read, that Tampa has him high on the list. With the fact they released Fortnette.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
didnt they franchise him already?
They did and I am happy to “only pay him” the franchise amount of 10M. He actually turned down our offer of a multi year contract for about 12.5-13 M per year. Serves him and his greedy agent right…. I guess he thought he could McCaffery money instead.

memo to Schoen, Giants GM- don’t do it Joe….study what happened in Dallas very carefully. Keep Saquon on a one year deal every year if you have to….no longer term contract PLEASE. Thanks for listening…a concerned fan

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes a good big back, look his demands up ,

dont you think the lions would have kept him if hes wasn't asking for a lot, instead they singed an outsider to nice deal.. this is Cowboys fans once again thinking every FA is easy to fit here. im bettng hes looking for big payday,. We cannot afford that with Pollards 10+ mil and zekes dead cap..think harder that too much $$ to one position.

best to Draft a player to ADD to TP and Malik.

rather focus our next $$$$ to a Vet LG and also draft a LG of the future to groom over a RB..
Well, I did say he might command a bigger payday than the Cowboys would be willing to pay ...