News: Are the Cowboys really about to release Zeke?

John813

Reaction score
you can tag him post June 1st now and release him it comes off the books the same way..no need to wait.,

June 1st cut, no cap relief till June 1st. 10.9 becomes available on June 1st, with 5.8 dead in 23 but you get a dead cap in 2024 of 6mil
Pre-June first, 11.8mil dead cap with 4.8 mil immediate cap savings, zero dead cap rollover in 24.

By next year it's all the same, but as of now, there is a difference on available cap.

J-man

Reaction score
yes, as has been the plan since the day he signed the deal.
But I do see a chance for him to re-sign (for peanuts) and I'd welcome that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First off ill belive it when i see it, but it doesn't mean they wont bring him back on new very cheap deal.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Sad, but inevitable. Would've liked to keep him around on a heavily reduced contract, but sounds like that wasn't in the cards.

Interesting timing. Clears around $5m in cap to go along with the $4m available. Wonder if they have someone else in their sights.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Zeke was a little overrated. His best year was when we had one of the best offensive lines in the history of football. Zeke had two great years but to be honest, I thought Demarco’s 2014 was better then any year Zeke had. I still don’t know how you lose it 25 years of age after not having injuries. :thumbdown: :omg:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke was a little overrated. His best year was when we had one of the best offensive lines in the history of football. Zeke had two great years but to be honest, I thought Demarco’s 2014 was better than any year Zeke had. I still don’t know how you lose it 25 years of age after not having injuries. :thumbdown: :omg:
It was all those carries and him and pass protection this was inevitable. Hell everyone predicted it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
June 1st cut, no cap relief till June 1st. 10.9 becomes available on June 1st, with 5.8 dead in 23 but you get a dead cap in 2024 of 6mil
Pre-June first, 11.8mil dead cap with 4.8 mil immediate cap savings, zero dead cap rollover in 24.
not how i read it it gives immediate cap relief. that why you can cut them now on that tag it helps the player find new team during FA and gives you cap relief.