Are the Cowboys still your favorite sports team?

KDM256

Reaction score
Alabama Crimson Tide
Dallas Cowboys

Bama has lessened the blow some with our success since 08. But my early 2000s was tough on the eyes and heart.

Mannix

Reaction score
------What a coincidence, we have two, count them, two posters that want a giant asteroid to fall and smash the stadium. I can't sit idly by and watch this total disrespect for Victoria's Secret.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post of the day

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The sad thing is, it is rare to see the Cowboys good at the same time the other Dallas teams are good.

All the way up to 1999, the Cowboys (mostly) rocked while all other DFW teams sucked.

Since 1999, the Cowboys have been utter futility while the Stars and Mavs won championships and the Rangers made it to two World Series.

Put another way: All the way up until 1999: Cowboys eight Super Bowl appearances, all other Dallas teams zero championship appearances combined.

Since 1999: Cowboys have zero Super Bowl appearances, Stars/Mavs/Rangers have six championship series appearances combined.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Call me a traitor, but after 40+ years my Dodgers have leap frogged my Cowboys as my favorite sports team....Cowboy fan since 75....Dodger fan since 77. And the SAD thing is that I'm not even a real baseball fan....after 32 years without a WS title, and seven straight years of being kicked squarely in my post season ballz, my patience finally paid off. My patience with the Cowboys finally ended with Stephen "Milburn Drysdale" Jones huge FA acquisition of Superstar Nolan Carroll when we were MILLIONS under the cap....if Jerrah and Boy Blunder aren't serious about winning, then to hell with them....I can put my energy into some other sport and team I call mine. I didn't even know it was a bye week until I heard it on the radio Tuesday....there was a time when I could have rattled off the next 6 games on our schedule and told you if it was Home or Away....I just do not care anymore. Anyone experiencing something similar?

My Mets have me excited at what the future may bring.
Dallas since 71, Mets since 72

all my favorite teams have been experiencing serious systematic problems and shame - the Mets, Cowboys, Michigan Wolverines and New York Knicks

well at least one of them now has a chance of turning it around, but to tweak an expression an old Mets manager started "It aint happened till its happened" so Im not getting excited yet

Mark

Reaction score
The Cowboys are the ONLY pro sports team I've followed religiously...been on the cart since 1970. I have three sons born from 1994-1996 - also dedicated fans (the oldest named Troy) - who've grown up with absolutely no idea what it's like to enjoy a dominant Cowboys team. Or even a really good one. But, hope springs eternal; they have more time left than I do. Then, there are the Syracuse Orangemen. But that's a tale for another day...

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys are still my favorite sports team since i was knee high to a grasshopper. Also still a fan and alumni of UT Austin....Hook'em...
Unfortunately, both teams have been mediocre to average at best for quite a while now so haven't had much to celebrate with these two teams.
But the memories of the early 90's Cowboys dynasty and the 2005 Horns led by Vince Young still brings a tear to my eye.. oh yeah, good times.

John813

Reaction score
Of course. They were my team for he past 25 years of disappointment, this year won't do anything to sway me.

At least now Miami is doing well so at least team #2 is providing me with "good" football.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Call me a traitor, but after 40+ years my Dodgers have leap frogged my Cowboys as my favorite sports team....Cowboy fan since 75....Dodger fan since 77. And the SAD thing is that I'm not even a real baseball fan....after 32 years without a WS title, and seven straight years of being kicked squarely in my post season ballz, my patience finally paid off. My patience with the Cowboys finally ended with Stephen "Milburn Drysdale" Jones huge FA acquisition of Superstar Nolan Carroll when we were MILLIONS under the cap....if Jerrah and Boy Blunder aren't serious about winning, then to hell with them....I can put my energy into some other sport and team I call mine. I didn't even know it was a bye week until I heard it on the radio Tuesday....there was a time when I could have rattled off the next 6 games on our schedule and told you if it was Home or Away....I just do not care anymore. Anyone experiencing something similar?
I am a native of Texas and was born into Cowboys nation. I have favorite teams in all of the major sports. But Texas is football country and us natives take it a little bit more serious than most; so the Cowboys will always be my favorite team.

No owner, no coach, no player, no bad season will ever take my love for my Cowboys. I will die the greatest Cowboys fan of all time!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Been a nightmare season.

the virus, no public training camp, the OL decline, the injuries, Dak getting hurt, the terrible defense, the bad coaching....

blueblood70

Reaction score
yes not even close..
i follow the rangers, stars, and mavs plus the longhorns nd TCU but dont get emotionally invested with them as i do with the DC..

i didnt belong to forums for my other teams..

blueblood70

Reaction score
My favorite sports team is the Texas Longhorns. Ill take national championships over Super Bowls any day.
and here we sit and wait on both

UT 2005-???

DC-1996-???

do we miss Royal as much as Jimmy ? man it seems like anther lifetime.

I feel for you i and fans of both and at times it feels like im watching the same team and coaching..

9darter

Reaction score
Well, they might be the team that I can't stop following that I hate the most, lol.

At the end of the day that's still something, I guess.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They are really my last favorite sports team. I have given up all other sports and the NFL is hanging on by a thread.

ultron

Reaction score
The Cowboys, Lebron James, and the UFC is what I follow in terms of sports.

Big_D

Reaction score
I only watch football and love the Cowboys but Jerry Jones killed this franchise. They're just a shell at this point.