Are the Cowboys still your favorite sports team?

JBond

Reaction score
Call me a traitor, but after 40+ years my Dodgers have leap frogged my Cowboys as my favorite sports team....Cowboy fan since 75....Dodger fan since 77. And the SAD thing is that I'm not even a real baseball fan....after 32 years without a WS title, and seven straight years of being kicked squarely in my post season ballz, my patience finally paid off. My patience with the Cowboys finally ended with Stephen "Milburn Drysdale" Jones huge FA acquisition of Superstar Nolan Carroll when we were MILLIONS under the cap....if Jerrah and Boy Blunder aren't serious about winning, then to hell with them....I can put my energy into some other sport and team I call mine. I didn't even know it was a bye week until I heard it on the radio Tuesday....there was a time when I could have rattled off the next 6 games on our schedule and told you if it was Home or Away....I just do not care anymore. Anyone experiencing something similar?
What is this "baseball" you speak of?

I can say that as a KC Royals diehard.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I've always been more of a dodger fan than a cowboys fan. My dad never like football but loved the dodgers.

bigE79

Reaction score
Call me a traitor, but after 40+ years my Dodgers have leap frogged my Cowboys as my favorite sports team....Cowboy fan since 75....Dodger fan since 77. And the SAD thing is that I'm not even a real baseball fan....after 32 years without a WS title, and seven straight years of being kicked squarely in my post season ballz, my patience finally paid off. My patience with the Cowboys finally ended with Stephen "Milburn Drysdale" Jones huge FA acquisition of Superstar Nolan Carroll when we were MILLIONS under the cap....if Jerrah and Boy Blunder aren't serious about winning, then to hell with them....I can put my energy into some other sport and team I call mine. I didn't even know it was a bye week until I heard it on the radio Tuesday....there was a time when I could have rattled off the next 6 games on our schedule and told you if it was Home or Away....I just do not care anymore. Anyone experiencing something similar?
Always have and always will be the Cowboys..do they piss me off sometimes? Of course, especially this year,but I have too many years invested in the star to give up being a fan..I love the Cowboys.

Skybox22

Reaction score
Been a sports fan since 1970. Dallas will ALWAYS be number 1, followed by USC, Reds, 76ers and Flyers. That will NEVER change.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
All my social media and google play names are similar to my name in this forum, aka, Cinicinnati Reds. My first team I followed and have for years, and a franchise in about as much peril as my 2nd team the Cowboys. Oddly, I root for the Cowboys more and watch every game, yet because baseball is a bit slow to watch I don't watch my fair share of Reds games.

The Reds last won a ring about the same time the Cowboys won a ring, yet I am more disenfranchised with the Cowboys because of ignorant ownership, while the Reds are a small market team not having the ability to buy like Jerry World does....basically I hate Sports lol

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Yes, the Cowboys are far and away my favorite sports team, period.

That being said, my second-favorite team - the San Antonio Spurs - has given me 50x as much success, wins, playoff results, etc. as the Cowboys have. In my time, I've seen the Spurs win four titles; I haven't even seen the Cowboys advance beyond the divisional playoffs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My patience with the Cowboys finally ended with Stephen "Milburn Drysdale" Jones huge FA acquisition of Superstar Nolan Carroll when we were MILLIONS under the cap....if Jerrah and Boy Blunder aren't serious about winning, then to hell with them......What does this all mean lol??
Stephen "Milburn Drysdale" Jones :D that fits lol.

The jones boys, and the garrett era wore me out as a fan. I dont watch any sports aside from NFL ,so I just developed more interest in other teams.
I started that during the 8-8 years, I got into other up and coming teams, that made the playoffs when cowboys were sitting at home.
Every year I have different teams to follow.

Cowboys are still my main interest, but that interest is dwindling.
The whole dak controversy is also wearing thin, 1st is he good enough, then why wont he sign, now he gets hurt, and new debate is keep him and pay big money or
draft a new one lol. It is always something, for about 4 years now. Meanwhile only 2 playoff appearances, and 1 wc win for ol dakaroo.

Elliot is another one , looking at him with those nose bugers lol is disgusting, what is wrong with him??:huh:

Now recently gilbert looks good against steelers, I got a little excited, then next day drysdale lol says thanks gilbert, but we are going back to dalton lol :omg:
Between the players and the jones boys running their mouths and their goofy decisions, it is near impossible for most to actually get into this team anymore.
Add to that they are 2-7 and may be tanking, and now they are more of a curiosity than a competitive team.

I have to watch the games, but may stop watching them live and just watch edited version later. They are no longer worth the 3+ hours to watch live and endure
all the stupid commercials[ trucks, insurance,beer lol ]

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Yep. Cowboys have always been priority number 1 and they're the only team I root for not trending in the right direction.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, the Cowboys have been my favorite sports team ever since their inception in 1960.

The San Antonio Spurs are a distant 2'nd choice. Those are the only two teams I prefer.

The Houston Astros were another team that I followed, before growing tired of baseball.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Gee, why would that be? Fair weather fan obviously.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
"Are the Cowboys still your favorite sports team?"

You mean there's another team out there???

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I used to follow the Braves in baseball and the Spurs in basketball but lost interest for a variety of reasons. Baseball became such a time commitment and I no longer had it to give. I've never been into college sports so the Cowboys are it for me now. Sometimes I wish I could at least be less obsessed but if it hasn't happened by now, it probably never will. My wife is a Cowboy fan too but she is baffled by how much time I spend on here reading people's arguments about this team.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Yes, always and forever. They are really the only team I truly have a passion for.

I really don't follow any other leagues or sports.

I don't watch college football, CFL, XFL, etc. I just can't bring myself to care.