Are the Cowboys tanking on purpose?

conner01

Reaction score
Who did the Cowboys lose that made them take this significant step?
Seems to me we are basically what we was last year. Maybe right now weaker on oline but pretty much the same talent wise and we haven’t drafted yet

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Thanks for the inside info. This could be an example of “double-speak”…say one thing that means the complete opposite of your intentions. And when someone questions the inconsistencies you just DOUBLE down and hope they keep 2 sets of books in their heads.

Last year I agree they didn’t tank but they stayed within striking distance AND did some due diligence. They didn’t even TALK to Henry….which tells me we are in a soft rebuild.

shabazz

Reaction score
Seems to me we are basically what we was last year. Maybe right now weaker on oline but pretty much the same talent wise and we haven’t drafted yet
With a full compliment of seasoned veteran starters on our Oline AND an Pro bowler Pollard healthy all year, they were ranked around 14th in the league.

This season offers a way harder schedule ...........what will it look like with backups and rookies on the line and the backfield?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
With a full compliment of seasoned veteran starters on our Oline AND an Pro bowler Pollard healthy all year, they were ranked around 14th in the league.

This season offers a way harder schedule ...........what will it look like with backups and rookies on the line and the backfield?
i'm betting probably around the same in the running game (not good for sure)...if that pass protection slips we could see a really bad offense..no time to loosen up a zone defense that teams already think really caps this offense.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys feel like those aren't backups. Bass and Hoffman can start. Edoga also.

The Cowboys will draft a RB better than Pollard on day 2.

The bigger concern is the scheme and play calling. If those aren't much improved, the running game won't be either.

Creeper

Reaction score
I ask my source every night before I go to bed, "Is Jerry's time up before mine?" I am waiting for an answer.

Kwyn

Reaction score
The week one QB starter on week one is the day you will know one way or the other.

It’s insanely unlikely that there’s a tank.

raven55

Reaction score
Tanking no just mismanagement is more in-line. if the way eagles buy and sell and trade you would think at some point they would be in cap hell not the situation you know why they have an actual GM not one that plays at it i still feel this is close to when al davis was declining in his mental condition

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well I asked an ESPN insider who is a member of my club and he emphatically said NO! He said Jerry thinks he can fill the holes with the draft and some lower level free agents. I also asked him if Dak was being shopped around and he said he has not heard anything that would support his.

Nothing earth shattering but thought I would share.
Do you think it is accidental that they decided to sign no one?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The Cowboys feel like those aren't backups. Bass and Hoffman can start. Edoga also.

The Cowboys will draft a RB better than Pollard on day 2.

The bigger concern is the scheme and play calling. If those aren't much improved, the running game won't be either.
Yeah.

That offensive scheme is Basic.

Almost zero pre snap motion.

Very simple routes.