Are the Eagles about to trade A.J. Brown?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Recently, we beat them and won the division.
There are simultaneous threads here right now, one discussing are the Eagles trading Brown and another discussing are the Cowboys bringing back Gallup. The contrast is indicative of a difference. Each of us can interpret it in our own way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are we supposed to ignore facts because they destroy your arguments and that makes you uncomfortable?

Any other "rules" you want to try and lay out?
What rules did I lay out?

What are you even talking about? What did you say to make me feel uncomfortable? I’m so confused.

Rayman70

Reaction score
meanwhile, we stay put and draft our guys, no trades. Hope I'm wrong.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That was all the talk in here for days and days. Almost everyone was saying it.
There may have been a few silly fans saying they were unbeatably because of signing Brown but to say almost everyone was, is a huge exaggeration. :rolleyes: I post here everyday and never saw anyone claiming Brown would make Philly unbeatable. Almost everyone was saying Brown would improve Philly and make them a strong contender which he did in 2022.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I’d rather have a great route runner….Aiyuk is always open.
Not one executive in the NFL would agree with you. And if you look at advanced metrics AJ Brown has better yards before contact and yards after catch. That would indicate that Brown gets better separation and does more with the ball in his hands.

Aven8

Reaction score
But I thought he and Hurts were best buds?….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not one executive in the NFL would agree with you. And if you look at advanced metrics AJ Brown has better yards before contact and yards after catch. That would indicate that Brown gets better separation and does more with the ball in his hands.
According to SIS Data Hub's advanced receiving metric, Aiyuk was the third-best wide receiver in the NFL last season behind CeeDee Lamb and Amon-Ra St. Brown. Which means they ranked Aiyuk ahead of Tyreek Hill, who earns $30 million per season.

When you look at the advanced statistics, it's easy to see why Aiyuk is ranked so high. Aiyuk caught 75 passes during the regular season, and 62 of them picked up first downs -- that's 82.7 percent, which led the NFL. In addition, quarterbacks had a passer rating of 124.7 when targeting him, which was third-highest in the league. His efficiency is off the charts. And that doesn't even factor in his blocking, which is elite for a wide receiver…..

Just the messenger

Sydla

Reaction score
Are your displaying either? One thing I never understood was the fear of being a homer.
I am displaying realism.

It's not a "fear" of being a homer. It's the embarrassment of being a homer. A guy so consumed with his team that he just tosses out reality and looks gullible and foolish in the process.

I hope the Cowboys win the SB in 2024........ and 2025.......... and 2026. But also won't be dumb enough to sit here and somehow pretend Philly hasn't been the better franchise over the last 7-8 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am displaying realism.

It's not a "fear" of being a homer. It's the embarrassment of being a homer. A guy so consumed with his team that he just tosses out reality and looks gullible and foolish in the process.

I hope the Cowboys win the SB in 2024........ and 2025.......... and 2026. But also won't be dumb enough to sit here and somehow pretend Philly hasn't been the better franchise over the last 7-8 years.
That’s what I mean….embarrassment? To whom? The fear of embarrassment? Who’s the judge and juror here? Eagles fans?

It’s just odd to me when someone who claims to be a Cowboy has to constantly remind Cowboy fans how good they are. It’s just weird but it’s apart of fandom I don’t get and never will. If someone wants to have a honest debate about who’d better that a fair. But it’s always anti Philly homer or not. No real Philly fan would ever give Cowboys props even for 5 rings. Guess fandom is getting soft.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Wish we did. But Coop ain’t no Aiyuk though.
Well, I'm not prepared to compare them. But I will say Coop is a #1. Aiyuk has not been the #1 option thus far. I have liked Aiyuk's game since pre draft reviews so I certainly am not trying to short change him.

Sydla

Reaction score
That’s what I mean….embarrassment? To whom? The fear of embarrassment? Who’s the judge and juror here? Eagles fans?

It’s just odd to me when someone who claims to be a Cowboy has to constantly remind Cowboy fans how good they are. It’s just weird but it’s apart of fandom I don’t get and never will. If someone wants to have a honest debate about who’d better that a fair. But it’s always anti Philly homer or not. No real Philly fan would ever give Cowboys props even for 5 rings. Guess fandom is getting soft.
It's not reminding them of how good Philly is. It's providing context for those who somehow think we are doing it right and then take pot shots at other teams. It's to point out how stupid we sound when we criticize other franchise while we continue to trip over our own schlongs year after year after year.

I have zero problems admitting reality. I have zero problem giving credit to other teams. We are a mediocre franchise run by two nitwits right now and the reality is the 49ers, Philly, etc. are simply better run franchises and us taking potshots at them is kind of laughable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, I'm not prepared to compare them. But I will say Coop is a #1. Aiyuk has not been the #1 option thus far. I have liked Aiyuk's game since pre draft reviews so I certainly am not trying to short change him.
Who’s 49ers number one? It’s not Deebo.