Are the Eagles about to trade A.J. Brown?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think Deebo is the number 1 passing option in the offense. He is the focus of the defense after McCaffrey.

Brandon gets more balls but he isn't the focal point of the passing game.
Leading the team in passing targets but supposedly not being the “number 1 passing option” is an oxymoron.

If you lead the team in targets (which Aiyuk has two years in a row) you are the number 1 passing option by definition.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's not reminding them of how good Philly is. It's providing context for those who somehow think we are doing it right and then take pot shots at other teams. It's to point out how stupid we sound when we criticize other franchise while we continue to trip over our own schlongs year after year after year.

I have zero problems admitting reality. I have zero problem giving credit to other teams. We are a mediocre franchise run by two nitwits right now and the reality is the 49ers, Philly, etc. are simply better run franchises and us taking potshots at them is kind of laughable.
Ahh I got it. So we can only criticize teams worse than us lol….unbelievable. Fandom is dead when Cowboys are propping up 9ers and Eagles fans…damn.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Deebo is the number 1 passing option in the offense. He is the focus of the defense after McCaffrey.

Brandon gets more balls but he isn't the focal point of the passing game.
Not sure how this is possible? He out produces Deebo and gets more targets than him…..they certainly have a lot of weapons though.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Leading the team in passing targets but supposedly not being the “number 1 passing option” is an oxymoron.

If you lead the team in targets (which Aiyuk has two years in a row) you are the number 1 passing option by definition.
Not when you are the guy who's mopping up because the other team is focused on the guy who can take over the game. Ie, the real #1.

Do you really think any team has Aiyuk listed above Deebo on their defensive game plan?

Again, I like BA's game but Deebo & McCaffrey are the #1's in that offense.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ahh I got it. So we can only criticize teams worse than us lol….unbelievable. Fandom is dead when Cowboys are propping up 9ers and Eagles fans…damn.
No, you can criticize everyone but when your initial reaction to news of a rival making a move is "well they suck" or like big said about how you were told Philly would be unstoppable with Brown and be sarcastic about it despite the fact Philly literally made a SB after acquiring Brown, yeah, that looks kinda funny,

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think aiyuk would fit much better with hurts and his skillset. I love aiyuk
I agree. And he would be a much better fit but not sure how possible it is to even trade Browns contract with the hit it would take. But with the type of qb Hurts is? I for sure would see Aiyuk as a better option for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, you can criticize everyone but when your initial reaction to news of a rival making a move is "well they suck" or like big said about how you were told Philly would be unstoppable with Brown and be sarcastic about it despite the fact Philly literally made a SB after acquiring Brown, yeah, that looks kinda funny,
Fair enough. Not telling you or anyone else how to be a fan. Just different in that regard. It’s always Eagles suck here whether it’s 5-11 Cowboys or just won the division Cowboys. And I’m sure Eagles fans feel the same way based on their “We Want Dallas chants” randomly during games lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not when you are the guy who's mopping up because the other team is focused on the guy who can take over the game. Ie, the real #1.

Do you really think any team has Aiyuk listed above Deebo on their defensive game plan?

Again, I like BA's game but Deebo & McCaffrey are the #1's in that offense.
It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. Deebo is a Swiss Army knife that is as dangerous as a ball carrier as he is a WR. Hence why he's a focus of DCs.

But in terms of pass catchers, the #1 option is likely Aiyuk.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fair enough. Not telling you or anyone else how to be a fan. Just different in that regard. It’s always Eagles suck here whether it’s 5-11 Cowboys or just won the division Cowboys. And I’m sure Eagles fans feel the same way based on their “We Want Dallas chants” randomly during games lol.
Eagles fans are nitwits so we shouldn't look to them for any sort of guidance.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I mean they’d have to eat 29MM more in dead money.

Not hard to see why they’d shut it down simply from a financial perspective.
Guys - come on. This is laughable. Jalen Hurts is literally the Godfather of AJ Brown's kid. I swear, the degree to which young (or simply uneducated/dumb) people try to translate social media posts is beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't be shocked if AJ wasn't just simply trolling these dumb people at this point.

Edit - not directed towards you Sydla, yours was just the past I quoted

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because a thread about the Eagles possibly trading A.J. Brown belongs........in the Draft Zone.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
According to SIS Data Hub's advanced receiving metric, Aiyuk was the third-best wide receiver in the NFL last season behind CeeDee Lamb and Amon-Ra St. Brown. Which means they ranked Aiyuk ahead of Tyreek Hill, who earns $30 million per season.

When you look at the advanced statistics, it's easy to see why Aiyuk is ranked so high. Aiyuk caught 75 passes during the regular season, and 62 of them picked up first downs -- that's 82.7 percent, which led the NFL. In addition, quarterbacks had a passer rating of 124.7 when targeting him, which was third-highest in the league. His efficiency is off the charts. And that doesn't even factor in his blocking, which is elite for a wide receiver…..

Just the messenger
Last year was Ayuk’s first really good year.