Are the eagles becoming Americas Team?

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Who actually cares about, or celebrates the "America's Team" moniker? The fact OP got mad when someone said the eagles are America's Team is cringe.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
No.

This constant conversation is absurd.

There is only one America's Team and it's the Cowboys.

It's a branding element first started by NFL Films, endorsed and run with my Tex Schramm, and it still holds true now by total viewership, old brand and media.

There won't be another. No other team can become America's Team. You can even hate that Dallas is called that but it never will be and never can be otherwise. You can whine and create all kinds of ideas that Dallas lost the moniker but they literally can't won't and never will because it's a simple case of the brand attached to the franchise.

No other team no matter how good their defense is will be Doomsday unless it's in Dallas.

No other team can ever say it's the Steel Curtain unless it's in Pittsburg.

No offensive line minted no matter how good can be called the Hogs unless they're in Washington.

There's no such thing as a Purple People Eaters unless it's in Minnesota.

There's no America's Team outside Dallas.

Stop this idiotic drive to pretend a historic title built on decades of branding and history can be erased and given to anyone else on two or three years of success.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They don’t stop winning and it sickens me. Eagles fans and their players are classless and give football fans a bad name!!!!! I was talking to a few eagles fans today and they told me they think the Eagles are the new Americas Team and it pissed me off. We need to win a superbowl to shut this fanbase up!!!! I had to leave work early because I felt that sick to my stomach!!!!
Aside from America's team being that for eternity, fans would, before they would anoint Philly, would favor Mumbai, Lagos or Bucharest.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
They don’t stop winning and it sickens me. Eagles fans and their players are classless and give football fans a bad name!!!!! I was talking to a few eagles fans today and they told me they think the Eagles are the new Americas Team and it pissed me off. We need to win a superbowl to shut this fanbase up!!!! I had to leave work early because I felt that sick to my stomach!!!!
They have one super bowl win in their history.

mcmvp

Reaction score
You may need to re-evaluate the priorities in your life. You obviously take NFL football way too seriously. I love it too, but damn…

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

ABB8651-D-91-B7-439-B-850-C-E9-D34-AFD1-DDC.gif

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
No team is "America's Team." Both Landry and Staubach were annoyed when some NFL Films writer dubbed the Cowboys "America's Team." Even that writer only intended that to be the title of the team's yearbook film. They didn't like that moniker, and neither do I. That's why I find it amusing when other teams try to steal it. Packer fans claimed they had taken it, so did 49er fans, and so did Steeler fans. In the end, I only care about titles such as "NFC East Champs," "NFC Champs," and "Super Bowl Champs." Let's earn a title that means something, and leave that old dumb moniker in the dust. If Eagles fans want to claim it, I don't care.