Are the eagles becoming Americas Team?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
A.) America's team is just a nickname, so no probably not
B.) I think Philly has a lot of pride in their blue collar, local following. I don't think they want the nicname.
C.) Believe it or not, a lot of other NFL fans have low opinions of Philly fans also. No one else would probably agree that "America's Team" fits the Eagles.

D.) Who cares

quickccc

Reaction score
They don’t stop winning and it sickens me. Eagles fans and their players are classless and give football fans a bad name!!!!! I was talking to a few eagles fans today and they told me they think the Eagles are the new Americas Team and it pissed me off. We need to win a superbowl to shut this fanbase up!!!! I had to leave work early because I felt that sick to my stomach!!!!

- Eagles will never draw TV Network Ratings the way the Dallas Cowboys do.
- Eagles will never draw the marketing merchandise sales worldwide the way the Cowboys do.
- On a year to year basis, the TV networks strongly prefer the Cowboys more so than any other NFL team:

Why ? The traditional reputation is greater than any sports teams on the entire planet - whether past, current and very likely
in the future.
Even though the actual reputation does not anywhere near close for winning of championship.

ESisback

Reaction score
When the Eagles have more fans than us, more franchise value, better ratings, more playoffs, more Super Bowls, a superior record in head to head matchups, a bigger and better stadium, and the all time leading RB….THEN they can claim the title.

Whatever they do, it won’t change the opinion of me or millions of other Cowboy fans!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Are they playing of Thanksgiving every year?
Are their ratings the highest in the league every year?
Do they single handedly provide content for struggling media shows?
Are they the highest revenue sports team in the U.S.?
Looks like a bunch of Nos so that answers the question.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
They can be the new America's team and I can care less. The best thing that could happen is losing that title.

Hardline

Reaction score
The term "America's Team" has been an albatross around this teams neck and painted a target on their backs.
Any team that wants it can have it.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Even though the actual reputation does not anywhere near close for winning of championship.
The key issue is that the ownership of the Cowboys feels the same way.

Sooner or later the Jones luck may strike paydirt, but I honestly believe no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, I do believe most here also believes that some critical line of thinking needs to change from the ownership to win another SB.

Xelda

Reaction score
It’s the opposite!!! I love this team!!!!! I don’t like the Eagles! I’m getting tired of the praise for this classless team!!!!
Don't be swayed by their buffoonery, it's still the Eagles and their classless fan base. Every team thinks they can be America's Team, but it is a title that simply does not stick to other teams. I've been looking at maps for which game will be shown in each part of the country. Little swatches here and there for other team with total of America's Team wannabes representation around 20 to 25%. The rest is all Cowboys. We've been in the #1 time slot 6 out of the last 7 games. Why is that? Because we didn't play in week 7.

Last edited:

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Eagle fans don’t want or care about being “America’s Team”, just another troll post from a fake Cowboy fan,embarrassing

ESisback

Reaction score
Eagle fans don’t want or care about being “America’s Team”, just another troll post from a fake Cowboy fan,embarrassing
Maybe so, but I know Eagle fans that will get in your face about anything like that. Aggressively snarky about every perceived “victory”. Many are so obsessed and resentful, and a laid back Cowboy fan who doesn’t engage drives them CRAZY!

ESisback

Reaction score
The term "America's Team" has been an albatross around this teams neck and painted a target on their backs.
Any team that wants it can have it.
The one I don’t like is “Dem Boyz”. Moronic!

mmohican29

Reaction score
They don’t stop winning and it sickens me. Eagles fans and their players are classless and give football fans a bad name!!!!! I was talking to a few eagles fans today and they told me they think the Eagles are the new Americas Team and it pissed me off. We need to win a superbowl to shut this fanbase up!!!! I had to leave work early because I felt that sick to my stomach!!!!
Lolz

mmohican29

Reaction score
- Eagles will never draw TV Network Ratings the way the Dallas Cowboys do.
- Eagles will never draw the marketing merchandise sales worldwide the way the Cowboys do.
- On a year to year basis, the TV networks strongly prefer the Cowboys more so than any other NFL team:

Why ? The traditional reputation is greater than any sports teams on the entire planet - whether past, current and very likely
in the future.
If you ever want to really really piss off an Eagles fan:

Simply remind them outside of their little vomit green clad, battery and bottle wielding clan of dipshits, nobody gives two figs how good OR bad they are. Ever.

Nobody.

foofighters

Reaction score
You went home early because of what eagles fans think? Oh boy...you have larger problems than your post...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Do you know why Dallas is called America’s Team? At the time, their QB was a literal 2x Super Bowl Champ, Heisman Trophy winning, Naval Officer who also happened to fight in the Vietnam War.

When another QB does that, yea, they’ll probably be called America’s Team but I don’t see that happening