Are the Jets what the Dr ordered?

LoneStarTexas

Reaction score
Frankly I'm not sure if the Jets are what the Doctor should prescribe . They remind me of the Skins and the Fish, so even a win might not be that thrilling. The game with Philly before the bye is the game I have my eyes on. It will determine where this team wants to go in my opinion. Yes, after the bye is gonna be very hard indeed. Again, another true test of the Spirit and Fight in this team. Good luck Boys and kick some arse.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Frankly I'm not sure if the Jets are what the Doctor should prescribe . They remind me of the Skins and the Fish, so even a win might not be that thrilling. The game with Philly before the bye is the game I have my eyes on. It will determine where this team wants to go in my opinion. Yes, after the bye is gonna be very hard indeed. Again, another true test of the Spirit and Fight in this team. Good luck Boys and kick some arse.

Yes, and we'll need to see if what moves we shall have to make. For me, if we're going to make a Cooper move, it should be either Jamal Adams (would be brilliant) or, for a lesser round pick, maybe we trade a 3 to the Bengals for Geno Adkins. The Bengals are sort of out of it and may want to sell off. Adkins is a 1T, isn't he? He'd be a good fit here. Maybe we get both?

cern

Reaction score
imo, no. what we need is teams that punch us in the mouth so we can see if we have a backbone. can we fight back. can our players impose their will on tough competition, not softies. that's what remains to be seen. I saw too much moping on the sidelines last sunday for my tastes. jimmy would have been reading the riot act to his players. not throwing a challenge flag into the ground with a little colorful language included.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
imo, no. what we need is teams that punch us in the mouth so we can see if we have a backbone. can we fight back. can our players impose their will on tough competition, not softies. that's what remains to be seen. I saw too much moping on the sidelines last sunday for my tastes. jimmy would have been reading the riot act to his players. not throwing a challenge flag into the ground with a little colorful language included.

Agreed. I liked what I saw from Richard. After he finished lashing out our entire defence, I noticed that our defence started playing much better. Pity we don't have a coach on our offence that'll do the same thing. Pity Parcells isn't coaching this team anymore.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
imo, no.
what we need is teams that punch us in the mouth so we can see if we have a backbone. can we fight back. can our players impose their will on tough competition, not softies. that's what remains to be seen. I saw too much moping on the sidelines last sunday for my tastes. jimmy would have been reading the riot act to his players. not throwing a challenge flag into the ground with a little colorful language included.

I think we already got punched in the mouth 2 weeks in a row. If it gets any worse than that, YIKES! LOL

Jeffkills

Reaction score
If they lose to the Jets, I ain't watching another Cowboys' game. What would be the point?

My advice: remember how long the off-season is... you better watch those Cowboys now,before it’s too late!!!

Turn on those Dallas Cowboys on your TV....

Watch BSU TOO!!

Boise%20State%20football%202019_1568745132680.jpg_22288703_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The return of Sam Darnold from his bout with mononucleosis signals the upcoming game with the Jets as one to be legitimately concerned about. Their defense is already solid and with Darnold's return, it looks like the Cowboys could be in for more of a struggle to win that game than it was originally considered to be. In any event, it looks like our guys will be seriously tested once again. Let's hope their want-to is still intact for this one.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Don’t discount this team. There getting there starting QB back. For some reason after losing to the saints they are saying they came into the packers game too confident. Lets not be to confident. Focus.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The Jets will be feisty with Darnold back. Winning on the road is never easy.

That said— Dallas should win this game and set up a huge game with Philly on 10/20.

If they somehow lose this game— then they will be revealed as frauds and the wheels start to come off.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
on paper yes but when it comes to this team be careful what you wish for.

MikeB80

Reaction score
this game feels a lot like the trip to kansas city in 2009. The chiefs were winless at 0-4 and had just lost to an nfc east team the week before in NY. They had a new coaching staff and GM. The cowboys lost a tough game the week before at Denver where they couldn't complete a comeback.

There was a huge group of cowboys fans who wanted Dallas to lose to prove it was Romo who was terrible and he was the reason they were losing, the owens morons were so disappointed how that season went. What a bunch of low iq idiots.

anyway, this feels like that week. Its make or break time, Dallas Can NOT lose this game and gregg williams and L. Bell can do things to beat them. Throw in Dallas terrible special teams and this is the same scenario, Dallas just can't lose this game.

that chiefs team was talented but lacked wide receivers to really threaten them. Same with the jets. Same on defense where they have some good players and a dangerous coordinator.

Brax

Reaction score
I mean, this game couldn't have come at a better time. Its a breather that's all, no gimmie for sure, just a breather.

...then come murderer's row right after that.
Murderers-Row.jpg
another puff team to go with the first 3 come on "no gimmie for sure" about as close to one as there is in the NFL, if this is a loss don't know how Jerry can let things stand.

JMech

Reaction score
Got to lose this one. Only way to get Garrett out on his arse. Praying for a Jets win. ABG.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
What he Cowboys need right now is to win a hard fought, tough game. They have had a few walk overs that did not sharpen them for the tough games to follow. Another walk over does nothing for them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mean, this game couldn't have come at a better time. Its a breather that's all, no gimmie for sure, just a breather.

...then come murderer's row right after that.
Murderers-Row.jpg
NOPE because its a narrative we beat bad teams and win doesnt help, not even a blowout, its expected.. a win against the eagles and jets will fix what ales us going into the the Bye 5-2.. those wins clean up penaltys and TOs will make the 2nd half push a lot easier..

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Jets are sure to provide a worthwhile test to overcome a deficiency that this team has been plagued with this year and even before that. Plugging the run and mounting an effective pass rush is precisely the shortcomings that this Cowboys defense sorely needs to resolve. We're about to see if they're able to live up to that challenge. If they can't, this team's post season aspirations are likely little more than wishful thinking. Considering the alarming number of injuries we've sustained on offense, they'll be tested severely. I wish them Godspeed to assert a renewal of their willpower to earn a win.

Agreed, it would be great to see the team start off strong, score...and then continue to produce through out the game. That has yet to occur for about four years.

To answer the OP question, yes, the Jets are what the Doctor ordered. I see they are NEXT on the schedule...bring ANY opponent on!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Agreed, it would be great to see the team start off strong, score...and then continue to produce through out the game. That has yet to occur for about four years.

To answer the OP question, yes, the Jets are what the Doctor ordered. I see they are NEXT on the schedule...bring ANY opponent on!

If a win becomes the result of this contest with the Jets, the Eagles will be next in line -- that's when things really get interesting! :omg: :)