Are the Spurs Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Houston Rockets won game 1 of the western conference semi-finals 126-99. Does this blow out mean the Spurs are done? They certainly had no business on the court with the Rockets that day. Fans that don't follow the Spurs have every right to conclude that the Spurs will soon go fishing. But that would be a mistake. What the Rockets did was wake an angry beast from it's slumber. They scared the Spurs awake and no team wants to play a scared Spurs team. Watch the Spurs to end this series 4-1 and in world beater mode. Golden State better watch out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When the Spurs beat the Warriors 129-100 earlier in the season, did anyone say the Warriors are done? Of course not, it's just one game. But for some reason when it's the Spurs losing that one game, the pundits jump on it and proclaim the Spurs are done. Get a life naysayers, the Spurs will win game 2 and 3 and then we'll be right back where we should be at that point in the series. Game 2 is tonight 8:30 pm central time, AT&T Center, San Antonio. GO SPURS GO!!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whoever wins tonight, wins the series.

Either Rockets in 5 or Spurs in 7........

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Rockets aren't built for a run to the finals. You can only go so far jacking up shots and if Harden is off(like tonight), they lose 9 out of 10 times. James carries a team to the playoffs but also hurts them when there.

The 2nd round is Houston's kryptonite and I will be surprised if they get past SA. Golden State will beat either team though.

Haven't heard the word on Parker but if he is out, the Rockets have a fighting chance.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The Rockets aren't built for a run to the finals. You can only go so far jacking up shots and if Harden is off(like tonight), they lose 9 out of 10 times. James carries a team to the playoffs but also hurts them when there.

The 2nd round is Houston's kryptonite and I will be surprised if they get past SA. Golden State will beat either team though.

Haven't heard the word on Parker but if he is out, the Rockets have a fighting chance.
Ruptured left quad, done for the playoffs, most likely 2018, and even his career.....

Sad day in Spursville.......but we will prevail.

GO SPURS GO

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ruptured left quad, done for the playoffs, most likely 2018, and even his career.....

Sad day in Spursville.......but we will prevail.

GO SPURS GO
I read this news earlier today and my heart sunk for Tony. I'm praying for a perfect operation and recovery for him. But honestly, I don't know what this means for Tony's career in the future. It's possible he could be done. No doubt the loss of Parker will not be a good thing for the Spurs but playing without a designated starter is what the Spurs have done all year long and they have always had someone step up and meet that challenge. The only player the Spurs can not afford to lose is Kawhi Leonard. Patty Mills will step up so... look for the Spurs to end the Rockets season in 5 maybe 6 games.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I read this news earlier today and my heart sunk for Tony. I'm praying for a perfect operation and recovery for him. But honestly, I don't know what this means for Tony's career in the future. It's possible he could be done. No doubt the loss of Parker will not be a good thing for the Spurs but playing without a designated starter is what the Spurs have done all year long and they have always had someone step up and meet that challenge. The only player the Spurs can not afford to lose is Kawhi Leonard. Patty Mills will step up so... look for the Spurs to end the Rockets season in 5 maybe 6 games.
I'm still picking them to win the title.......beat the rockets in 5 or 6, the warriors in 7, and the Cavs in 6.......

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Spurs will regain their home court advantage with a win tonight in Houston, game 3 of the WCSF. Of course with Parker out, Pop will reshuffle the starting lineup to adapt. I'd like to see either Danny Green or Patty Mills step up and have a greater than normal performance. We already know the Claw will get his 30 something points as usual. Go Spurs Go!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Spurs win game 3, 103-92 lead the series 2-1. Rockets HC, Mike D'Antoni is clueless at the post game press conference on what to do to defend the Spurs brand of B-ball. The Spurs and more specifically, Pop has always owned D'Antoni... hello Suns fans, lol.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Told ya, Rockets aren't built to go to the finals, it is Harden or bust :(.

Most outside shooting teams can't beat a good defense.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
It would be nice if the refs wouldn't coddle Harden all the time. So many times, he isn't even touched, not just against the Spurs, but against everyone, and he flops and flails. Then come the whistles from the refs. It is completely absurd. I am so sick of the love he and Chris Paul get from the refs.

Anderson couldn't miss in the first two games, making some HORSE type shots. However, at the end of game two, he started to lose the heat on his shot....and tonight, did he even play?

DAntoni is a complete putz. Pop owns him. I remember when the Spurs beat the Suns in a playoff game or series.....I actually believe it was the Steve Nash bloody nose game, where a bottled water owned DAntoni in the post game press conference. Not only did Pop outcoach him, but a water bottle defeated him as well.......He finally gave up trying to open the water and just sat there like a dufus and answered questions. That post game press conference will always define the ineptitude of DAntoni and a head coach in my eyes.....and he has done little since to discredit my stance.

It was nice to see Aldridge decide to play this series. I am glad Pau is back in the starting lineup. Simmons has come to play. Green is one of the best transition defenders in the league, along with Lebron and Kawhi. Murray started of shaky, but seemed to get his wits about him and play decent the rest of the game. I feel his game will become more steady and reliable as the playoffs go along. My biggest issue with the game tonight was the turnovers, about half of them were unforced. At least 2 or 3 where Spurs players played defense against other Spurs players by accident and caused the turnover. Still a good game and a good win, on to game 4, where I feel the Spurs will win and go up 3-1.

GO SPURS GO

ghst187

Reaction score
Still no idea how Hardin gets away with his kindergarten crossover and defenders don't just take the ball from him.....he crosses it over right in front with a low dribble
Before he makes a move every time. I know he would've shot over the top of me but he's never keeping the ball with that crossover and grandma first step.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Spurs just let Hardin play his game and minimized everyone else. I think he scored in the 40's last night but they still lost. That's why I don't get the MVP love for players like him and Westbrook. Shouldn't the MVP be a winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.