Are we a better team now than at season end?

Are we a better team now than at season end?

• Total voters

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think it's a far too complex subject to be summed up in just a yes or no answer.
It’s extremely simple, YES! Garrett is gone and a Super Bowl winning coach is now coaching. We never had hope of winning a Superbowl with Garrett and we definitely do now with Big Mike.

I’m surprised you don’t agree with that logic.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
U swap arod and Romo or Prescott and we'd have a SB too. MM offenses have been horrid if not ror a HOF QB.

We didn't ignore DT. They liked a different style. Outside of 1 weakness it was pretty effective though I agree it isn't my style. Our current d coordinator has been in charge of much worse defenses. Call me when they actually prove to be better untill then it is all speculation.
That’s all we do here is speculate. 90% of us are speculating we are better. And most of those believe we are better because Garrett got the boot and Big Mike was hired.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
U swap arod and Romo or Prescott and we'd have a SB too. MM offenses have been horrid if not ror a HOF QB.

We didn't ignore DT. They liked a different style. Outside of 1 weakness it was pretty effective though I agree it isn't my style. Our current d coordinator has been in charge of much worse defenses. Call me when they actually prove to be better untill then it is all speculation.

Arod has been terrible without MM as well. So the blade cuts both ways.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It’s extremely simple, YES! Garrett is gone and a Super Bowl winning coach is now coaching. We never had hope of winning a Superbowl with Garrett and we definitely do now with Big Mike.

Like it or not, I bet some here got a kick out of Garrett always clapping on the sidelines. Probably thought that was good coaching that's well deserving of the ring of honor.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If you haven’t noticed about half the posters on here are saying the exact same thing as me. I’ll say it one more time. We are a much better team because we dumped Garrett and hired Big Mike as our HC.
What do you say to those facts presented?

43 I believe we are indeed a better team because we dumped Garrett. The Cowboys getting better had to start with getting rid of Garrett! That was the 1st step. I think McCarthy's positive influence is already showing in the type of players we've acquired in this off season, including an excellent draft.
McCarthy's resume is far above anything Garrett had to show for his 10 years at the helm, and his first off season here is already looking like a big success.
As another poster pointed out earlier, Garrett didn't exactly set the bar very high with his propensity for 8-8's, so I think McCarthy has a real good chance to produce a better Cowboy team coming right out of the gate.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That’s all we do here is speculate. 90% of us are speculating we are better. And most of those believe we are better because Garrett got the boot and Big Mike was hired.

Technically that's all we can do when they haven't even played their 1st game yet but like I said before, you can't get better till you take the 1st step, and the 1st step was dumping Garrett. Been there done that! :thumbup:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If you haven’t noticed about half the posters on here are saying the exact same thing as me. I’ll say it one more time. We are a much better team because we dumped Garrett and hired Big Mike as our HC.
What do you say to those facts presented?
You don't know what a fact is.

You said no matter what else happened, since Garrett is gone and Mike is here then we obviously are a better team, since Mike won a Super Bowl. It's just an ignorant statement all together.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
…….I believe Tyler will easily be starting first game out of the gate just watch..
I've been following him since his early days and the kid is a beast.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I believe we got a great one here.

I'm with ya john, I think Tyler Biadasz was a steal in the 4th.
To put it a little differently, I think Biadasz is going to kickazz! :laugh:

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In that specific area? Of course I do. The line forms behind me on that one. But counter that with losing your #1 pass rusher, #1 cornerback, and #3 receiver and you start to have questions as well.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I know. I just getting burned out on the hype. I need to see the improvement on the field.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He was pretty good last year. Started bad but came on strong as they got more familiar with the system.
He was 20th in QBR last season

The only things he was good at last year was throwing the ball away, even when he didn't need to, and putting together a great offensive line in front of him. Also he added points via his legs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was 20th in QBR last season

The only things he was good at last year was throwing the ball away, even when he didn't need to, and putting together a great offensive line in front of him. Also he added points via his legs.

If you say so. I thought he had a good year in a tougher division than ours leading his team to 13-3 while his rivals also went 10-6 and 8-8 while we clawed to 8-8 and our division winner went 9-7. Must have been his #1 defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you say so. I thought he had a good year in a tougher division than ours leading his team to 13-3 while his rivals also went 10-6 and 8-8 while we clawed to 8-8 and our division winner went 9-7. Must have been his #1 defense.

It clearly was. Our own quarterback's productivity numbers were far better.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
In that specific area? Of course I do. The line forms behind me on that one. But counter that with losing your #1 pass rusher, #1 cornerback, and #3 receiver and you start to have questions as well.
That is a COLOSSAL specific area!! More important BY FAR than any other area of the team, except owner and QB. Nothing has changed with the owner or QB.

We CONSISTENTLY lost to the better teams because we were CONSISTENTLY out coached. Green Bay consistently won playoff games and a Super Bowl with Big Mike. We CONSISTENTLY sat home for the playoffs OR got out coached in the playoffs with Garrett.

Even if we have slightly less talent, I would say, we are still a MUCH BETTER team with Garrett gone and Big Mike in charge.

Watching all the stupid ridiculous ways we lost under Garrett and you are skeptical that we have improved with Big Mike?
Not that it matters because Garrett was so pathetic, but I also think our talent has improved this offseason.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You don't know what a fact is.

You said no matter what else happened, since Garrett is gone and Mike is here then we obviously are a better team, since Mike won a Super Bowl. It's just an ignorant statement all together.
Okay, language does matter.

It is not a fact that we will be better because pathetic Garrett is gone and Big Mike is now in charge, BUT to me, and most knowledgeable Cowboy’s fans, it is HIGHLY LIKELY!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a COLOSSAL specific area!! More important BY FAR than any other area of the team, except owner and QB. Nothing has changed with the owner or QB.

We CONSISTENTLY lost to the better teams because we were CONSISTENTLY out coached. Green Bay consistently won playoff games and a Super Bowl with Big Mike. We CONSISTENTLY sat home for the playoffs OR got out coached in the playoffs with Garrett.

Even if we have slightly less talent, I would say, we are still a MUCH BETTER team with Garrett gone and Big Mike in charge.

Watching all the stupid ridiculous ways we lost under Garrett and you are skeptical that we have improved with Big Mike?
Not that it matters because Garrett was so pathetic, but I also think our talent has improved this offseason.

I'm just trying to look at the big picture and the totality of changes rather than solely in coaching alone.