Are we a better team now than at season end?

Are we a better team now than at season end?

• Total voters

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I also think coaching is pretty comparable, with the notable exception of the ST staff, which is much improved.
n0youcannotbeserious_n_Grey.jpg

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
as much as I love Witten I think we'll see some healthy addition by subtraction with Jarwin getting starter's minutes.

It's telling how Witten wasn't mentioned.

Giving Jarwin the Witten snaps is definitely addition by subtraction. We lose depth, but with Lamb and Pollard as alternative 5th men, 2 TE sets are largely disappearing anyway.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Of the 32 first rounders last year 5 of them had a grade of 70 or better. Strictly 1st round talents.

You think a late 3rd rounder or late 4th rounder in their first seasons both coming off injury will have a grade around 70?

Frederick wasn't his old self(isn't saying much), but 69.6 is a good grade and we will almost definitely see worse output by our center this season.

Good fact. You could be right.

How many of them 65 or better?

Interior oline is the unsexy gold of the draft. I liked both picks and consider McGovern a 2 and Biadasz in the late 4th absurd. Both guys are smart. Less of a learning curve than most other players. We'll see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think I know the answer here.

Losing T. Frederick, B. Jones, R. Quinn and many others makes it difficult to say definitively it is a "yes", but I think a lot of people will say "yes"

Yawn...……………..

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Good fact. You could be right.

How many of them 65 or better?

Interior oline is the unsexy gold of the draft. I liked both picks and consider McGovern a 2 and Biadasz in the late 4th absurd. Both guys are smart. Less of a learning curve than most other players. We'll see.

65+ adds William's, Savage, Haskins(lol wth? no way), Allen, and Danny Dimes.

So 10 of 32.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know, I know. It’s fun to pretend we’d been under coached all along. But there was a lot the outgoing staff did right.

The good news is, if I’m wrong, it’ll be obvious soon enough. If I’m right, well, that will be obvious, too, but everyone will pretend the issue is with Dak or will quietly come around to saying the new staff sucks, too.

conner01

Reaction score
Approximately 16% of fans, who took the pole, don’t think we are better, than at the end of last year!

Do you people realize Garrett was the HC at the end of last year, and Big Mike, a Superbowl winning coach is the HC now?
This proofs, you can’t get everyone to agree on anything, no matter what it is!
I think most would agree the coaching staff is better
But I think the team, as in the players is a mixed bag
Some better like DT and WR
Some worse like DE
Some a wash
Some will depend on the rookies like at CB
But I don’t think anyone would argue the coaching isn’t better and not just HC
I’m as excited about ST coach as any of them

Big_D

Reaction score
More hype doesn't mean better.

We got a better football coach. That's not hype at all. You don't see a real difference in the approach of this team right now in only 3 months? I have no doubt the crap that just left was killing them. They ignored DT, Special teams flat out sucked, and the D couldn't buy a turnover or ever make a key stop. A good team starts with a quality coach, a real philosophy, a scheme and a long term plan.

That Garrett run team was a joke and 2019 was the 8-8 stamp on it. The guy was a complete weasel .. that's actually the one thing he was good at. You talk about hype, that's all this team ever was with him here. year in.. and year out. A poorly coached, underwhelming and disappointing, zero confidence, zero balls hype machine. The Garrett years!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Roster is debatable, at least. We lost Fred, Jones and Quinn but gained Poe, McCoy, Dalton, Ha Ha and Lamb. And I think Worley is gonna surprise everyone.
Hard to overcome backend speed, but I love when players can overcome 40 times with up front play, hope your right on Worley.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We got a better football coach. That's not hype at all. You don't see a real difference in the approach of this team right now in only 3 months? I have no doubt the crap that just left was killing them. They ignored DT, Special teams flat out sucked, and the D couldn't buy a turnover or ever make a key stop. A good team starts with a quality coach, a real philosophy, a scheme and a long term plan.

That Garrett run team was a joke and 2019 was the 8-8 stamp on it. The guy was a complete weasel .. that's actually the one thing he was good at. You talk about hype, that's all this team ever was with him here. year in.. and year out. A poorly coached, underwhelming and disappointing, zero confidence, zero balls hype machine. The Garrett years!

U swap arod and Romo or Prescott and we'd have a SB too. MM offenses have been horrid if not ror a HOF QB.

We didn't ignore DT. They liked a different style. Outside of 1 weakness it was pretty effective though I agree it isn't my style. Our current d coordinator has been in charge of much worse defenses. Call me when they actually prove to be better untill then it is all speculation.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You didn't mention Bell because we downgraded at the position. Bell is absolute non-factor. His blocking only gets brought up because he isn't a threat elsewhere, while the ones bringing up his blocking have never watched him block before. Bringing up Bell while downplaying the loss of our center who only allowed one sack and had one penalty last season is prime zone material. Far too many posters see everything we bring in is gold(coaches, FAs, and draft), while everyone who leaves the team was never any good. Don't take this as a direct line at you, we just see it here every single year. Addition by subtraction isn't a thing when talking about improving positions of a roster.

Lamb even as a rookie I would imagine is an improvement over Cobb. We will see.

:lmao2:
Sorry but that was just funny...

Big_D

Reaction score
U swap arod and Romo or Prescott and we'd have a SB too. MM offenses have been horrid if not ror a HOF QB.

We didn't ignore DT. They liked a different style. Outside of 1 weakness it was pretty effective though I agree it isn't my style. Our current d coordinator has been in charge of much worse defenses. Call me when they actually prove to be better untill then it is all speculation.

Sure Garrett’s in the same company minus Rodgers? lol a QB with one Super Bowl, yet people talk like he wins it every year or he didn’t need developing and coaching, scheme, preparation etc. to reach that championship in the first place. And yes they completely ignored DT. If Garrett and Marinelli were still here it would be Trysten Hill and some bargain basement player they waited until July to sign. Everyone knows it and there was nothing effective about it. The D stunk!