Are we a better team now than at season end?

Are we a better team now than at season end?

• Total voters

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Okay, language does matter.

It is not a fact that we will be better because pathetic Garrett is gone and Big Mike is now in charge, BUT to me, and most knowledgeable Cowboy’s fans, it is HIGHLY LIKELY!!!!
It is highly likely the coaching improved. I agree there. It couldn't have been much worse. How good of a coach is MM? We don't know. His continuing mention of analytics, and his prior use of first down passing and 4th down aggressiveness is a very positive sign. Him only reaching the SB once despite having one of the best QBs of all time is concerning. McCarthy being 5-11-1 when Rodgers is out injured is also very concerning.

But this was about the team as a whole, not just coaching. Losing the talent we did is going to be hard to make up for. Most knowledgable fans understand that.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He was pretty good last year. Started bad but came on strong as they got more familiar with the system.

Pretty good but not better than MM's last year with Green Bay. McCarthy's last year there everyone said he's offense sucked. Maybe it's not McCarthy who stunk up the joint.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm with ya john, I think Tyler Biadasz was a steal in the 4th.
To put it a little differently, I think Biadasz is going to kickazz! :laugh:

And it was the Eagle's pick that helped us land him. Getting him and having Lamb landing to us is salt on a wound for all Eagle's fans.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It is highly likely the coaching improved. I agree there. It couldn't have been much worse. How good of a coach is MM? We don't know. His continuing mention of analytics, and his prior use of first down passing and 4th down aggressiveness is a very positive sign. Him only reaching the SB once despite having one of the best QBs of all time is concerning. McCarthy being 5-11-1 when Rodgers is out injured is also very concerning.

But this was about the team as a whole, not just coaching. Losing the talent we did is going to be hard to make up for. Most knowledgable fans understand that.
The question was are we a better team now? Yes we are. Mainly because Garrett got dumped and Big Mike is taking over.
Also, you stated the talent we lost is going to be hard to make up for. Have you noticed what we have done in Free Agency and the Draft. Most knowledgeable fans have noticed our player talent, has most likely, improved over all.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm just trying to look at the big picture and the totality of changes rather than solely in coaching alone.
I just feel coaching in football is so important. To me, who your coaches are, especially HC, is the big picture.

Don’t forget this: Twice with Garrett we had the #1 seed in the NFC, because we had so much talent, and got out coached in our 1st playoff game. What other coach has that happened to? NONE!!!!

Garrett’s coaching NEVER helped us win a big game, but it dang sure helped us lose big games!!!!!

Brax

Reaction score
We will be a far better coached team, where we don't need a pro-bowler at every position.
It will be a interesting watch, but will it be a better coached team? Just remember what one of the best QB's of this this generation voiced about MM -McCarthy didn’t have a clue what he was doing-, Mike has one of the lowest IQs, if not the lowest IQ, of any coach - also Rodgers complained about the lack of energy on the sideline and the lack of a fear among players that failure to do their jobs will get them fired. sound familiar. we shall see what next this season brings. Lets hope for the best .

UpNorth

Reaction score
So you think they're doing worse than 8-8?
Who knows. The East is crazily unpredictable from year to year. No way to tell.

5 -11 wouldn't shock me, and neither would finishing above.500

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think I know the answer here.

Losing T. Frederick, B. Jones, R. Quinn and many others makes it difficult to say definitively it is a "yes", but I think a lot of people will say "yes"
I concede Jerry has done B+ in recent acquisitions.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The question was are we a better team now? Yes we are. Mainly because Garrett got dumped and Big Mike is taking over.
Also, you stated the talent we lost is going to be hard to make up for. Have you noticed what we have done in Free Agency and the Draft. Most knowledgeable fans have noticed our player talent, has most likely, improved over all.

I literally said "this is not about coaching(the only thing you've talked about the entire time) this was about the team as a whole". And your response is "the question was are we a better team now". Lol what the hell are you even trying to say at this point?

You don't want to talk about MM's record without Rodgers it appears. I'm not surprised. You don't seem to be a fan of using facts to make a point, while I'm a big proponent to it.

Yes I followed it intently. Most knowledgable fans know losing three of our best players in Frederick, Byron, and Quinn wasn't replaced in free agency nor the draft. It's become obvious you aren't apart of the knowledgable fan grouping.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I literally said "this is not about coaching(the only thing you've talked about the entire time) this was about the team as a whole". And your response is "the question was are we a better team now". Lol what the hell are you even trying to say at this point?

You don't want to talk about MM's record without Rodgers it appears. I'm not surprised. You don't seem to be a fan of using facts to make a point, while I'm a big proponent to it.

Yes I followed it intently. Most knowledgable fans know losing three of our best players in Frederick, Byron, and Quinn wasn't replaced in free agency nor the draft. It's become obvious you aren't apart of the knowledgable fan grouping.
Do you notice every time you reply to what I say, no one agrees with your opinion. I’m done wasting my time.

Also, you seem to have a big ego, but I would not say you are a knowledgeable fan.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Do you notice every time you reply to what I say, no one agrees with your opinion. I’m done wasting my time.

Also, you seem to have a big ego, but I would not say you are a knowledgeable fan.
Posts that aren't super positive about an aspect of the team don't typically get much love, except for Dak hater posts for some reason. Even when using logic, facts, and stats.
Everyone wants to be crazy upbeat about the coaching, but there is reason for reservation. Those reasons you keep on dodging them like the plague since you have no answer for, and know you lost, that's why you're resorting to using amount if likes received on certain posts.

It's surprising you're bringing up likes since the only posters liking yours is Buzzbait who did it twice. Lol as if that's some sort of accomplishment. That's pretty sad you had to resort to it.

Anyone can read through our back and forth and know who is more knowledgable between the two of us lmao. It isn't particularly close. There isn't much logic in your posts just personal feelings, and that's what certain people prefer.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Posts that aren't super positive about an aspect of the team don't typically get much love, except for Dak hater posts for some reason. Even when using logic, facts, and stats.
Everyone wants to be crazy upbeat about the coaching, but there is reason for reservation. Those reasons you keep on dodging them like the plague since you have no answer for, and know you lost, that's why you're resorting to using amount if likes received on certain posts.

It's surprising you're bringing up likes since the only posters liking yours is Buzzbait who did it twice. Lol as if that's some sort of accomplishment. That's pretty sad you had to resort to it.

Anyone can read through our back and forth and know who is more knowledgable between the two of us lmao. It isn't particularly close. There isn't much logic in your posts just personal feelings, and that's what certain people prefer.
Buzzbait is a knowledgeable fan without a big ego. You owe him an apology Mr. Ego.

I would respond to your opinion about Big Mike without Rogers, and the players we have lost, but your ego is so big, no matter what I say, you would disagree. I could say Dak is a top 10 quarterback and you would say, “no way, you don’t have any facts to back that up, Dak is a top 11 quarterback”.

DanA

Reaction score
Coaches:
My view is generally in line with the general consensus. I've been disillusioned with Garrett for a while and frustrated with the predictability of Marinelli after the Rams game in 2018 and the entire 2019 season. I'm happy to see Kellen Moore back given it was his 1st year as an OC and we had the No.1 offense for all purpose yards. If you ask me, McCarthy is an at worst solid option but Nolan is a bit of a risk with his previous stints as an DC hit or miss, and at times overly exotic. Happy to see how things go though because I know it won't be predictable.

Players:
I personally think we are better or equal at every position except for CB1 & OC. That's perhaps controversial when talking about RDE, but that's how I feel. I just think we've already seen Crawford/Gregory do more in 2018 than we got from Quinn/Armstrong last season, and there's every chance that A.Smith or Anae push for prominent roles as edge defenders. There's no nailed on to starting option but between them, I see it matching or improving on last year.