Are we being too hard on Dak after the 49ers?

J12B

Reaction score
The 49ers defense was ranked #1 in the entire league.

Probably the best front 7.

However, I don't believe fans are being too hard on him.

The interceptions were more of poor decision making on Dak's part than the defense making a play.

Take away those 2 ints and that would've probably made the game a lot closer and could have changed the outcome to a Dallas win. He's being paid $40 million a year.

The loss is 100% on Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You know my answer, and it's the same as Michael Irvin, Babe Laufenberg, Bill Parcells, etc.

So, YES, to answer this thread's question...considering all circumstances with this team and coaches.

Reactions: CWR

Praxit

Reaction score
...my blame goes more to KM. He did not prepare enough.

And yes. Dak, should have known better, to just chuck ball away. Not force it.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If the Cowboys draft a QB with decent skills and half a brain, Dak would lose his starting job before the season starts.

The contract is meaningless, whoever the better player is should be all that matters.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

The interceptions were more of poor decision making on Dak's part than the defense making a play.

Take away those 2 ints and that would've probably made the game a lot closer and could have changed the outcome to a Dallas win. He's being paid $40 million a year.

The loss is 100% on Dak.
100%.

This is why other fans trash Dallas fans.
This right here.

Nav22

Reaction score
Eh, yes and no.

Dak didn't play well. The INTs were awful and might've cost us the game.

But most QBs don't play well on the road vs the #1 defense in football, and especially with zero run game.

See Josh Allen vs the Bengals. And Josh is better than Dak, and the Bengals D isn't as good as the 49ers D.

If you look at the 4 teams that are playing this weekend, 3 of them have clearly better weapons than Dallas did, and the 4th team has Patrick Mahomes.

The teams that are "supposed" to be playing this weekend are playing this weekend. If we're being realistic with ourselves, Dallas lost a game they were supposed to lose.

A better QB or better weapons could've changed that, and it's easier to get better weapons than it is to upgrade from Dak at QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

The loss is 100% on Dak.
both of the interceptions led to 3 points each time. so that would make it 13-12. we would still lose. but assumption is that those interceptions would be replaced by positive plays.

we didn't make enough positive plays. Dak included. but we also had opportunities that we let slip through our fingers and we didn't. Diggs sucked. he dropped a sure interception that led to the TD. and he whiffed on Kittle catch in the middle by avoding to tackle him, else he doesn't make the catch. two routine simple plays. they on the other hand didn't let the interception drop through their hands. they caught it.

our run game sucked. way below average. 76 yards of rushing isn't going to cut it. on the other hand, they had almost their season average in rushing (I think about 7 yards less). that's ain't going to cut it. we had coaching blunders, like how long it took to punt before 2 minute mark. inside the 2 minute mark, knowing that they are going to run the ball and all we had to do is stop it and call a time out, they rushed for 13 yards, first down and 4 more plays. instead of 2 minutes and good field position, we ended up bad field position and less than a minute. and yes, Dak played bad, but so did the WRs. CD was the only one making plays.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No.

This is more on the Front Office and how they failed to build a great team. They are ok with just being good.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

The loss is 100% on Dak.
I think Dak bears the brunt of 3 decades of pain. He is inconsistent but does not deserve the hate he gets. The picks were bad but so was the Pollard injury and Diggs screw up.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

The loss is 100% on Dak.
Way top hard.

Mannix

Reaction score
No....he held Booger hostage for 40M which drastically affects our salary cap...if he gives back about 39.5 M per season, I'll go a little easier on him. Plus, his broken promises after EVERY bad game have worn my A clean out!!!