Are we being too hard on Dak after the 49ers?

Bigdog

Reaction score
No like I said in another post. This is the profession he chose and it is a result oriented profession. If you produce the desire results you will get all the praise and accolades he deserves. If you don't then you will get the criticism too. If you don't like it then find another profession.I like Dak but he was awful on Sunday. Not only did he cost us 6 points but he also missed a wide open Ty Hilton down the middle of the field that would have resulted in a TD becaues he was so zone in on passing to Lamb. Hoepfully, he can improve in his decision making but if he can't then the Cowboys need to find someone who can produce the desire results.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Jed the clock is ticking, how much longer you going to play this game of trying to put the squad peg in round whole.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His last two games sums up his season. Can look great one week and look terrible the next. The bashing he’s receiving is no surprise he was being bashed even when he was playing good. If the INT’s continue next season along with his inconsistent play, the Cowboys will likely start looking for another QB or at least some competition for him. However, as long as he’s winning games and is giving us a chance, the Cowboys will hang on as long as they can with him. It’s very difficult to move on from a QB who’s leading you to 12 wins seasons and the playoffs. You can’t just change to make a change at the position or you can get worse.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
When your $40 million dollar QB gets the ball back with over 3 minutes left in the game, 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning, needing a TD to send your team to the NFC championship game, the expectation is that’s why you pay your QB $40 million.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Are we being top hard on Dak after the 49ers?​

tenor.gif

Trajan

Reaction score
I’m no Dak fan, but there is plenty of blame to go around here, and it should point at the Jones boys first. The WR position was basically a Hail Mary plan that someone would just show up as a legitimate #2 threat, it didn’t happen. Jerry and the brain trust finally recognized that help was required and got Tj Hilton, who I like, but came in too late.

The RB position was also a Jones Bro problem. They over paid Zeke, and although I have zero proof, I get the feeling Jerry tells the coaches to play his overpaid guys to try and make the investment worth it. Pollard needs more touches, not Zeke.

For me those two decisions shift blame from Dak to the Jones company. I don’t really understand their thinking especially when it appears obvious there were big holes going into the season.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see what the reaction will be if the niners roll Philly and hurts has a bad game and then win the superbowl off of their defense.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The 49ers defense was ranked #1 in the entire league.

Probably the best front 7.

However, I don't believe fans are being too hard on him.

The interceptions were more of poor decision making on Dak's part than the defense making a play.

Take away those 2 ints and that would've probably made the game a lot closer and could have changed the outcome to a Dallas win. He's being paid $40 million a year.

The loss is 100% on Dak.
Defense dropped 3 ints, turned out that cost them 10 pts

HungryLion

Reaction score
No we aren’t.

I didn’t expect a huge game from Dak because yes the niners defense is very very good.

But it’s the turnovers that couldn’t happen.

prior to the game if somebody told me. Dak had 200 yards, a couple of touchdowns (running or throwing) and zero turnovers. I would have been happy with it and said the cowboys probably win.

But that’s not what happened. The 2 turnovers killed us.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Eh, yes and no.

Dak didn't play well. The INTs were awful and might've cost us the game.

But most QBs don't play well on the road vs the #1 defense in football, and especially with zero run game.

See Josh Allen vs the Bengals. And Josh is better than Dak, and the Bengals D isn't as good as the 49ers D.

If you look at the 4 teams that are playing this weekend, 3 of them have clearly better weapons than Dallas did, and the 4th team has Patrick Mahomes.

The teams that are "supposed" to be playing this weekend are playing this weekend. If we're being realistic with ourselves, Dallas lost a game they were supposed to lose.

A better QB or better weapons could've changed that, and it's easier to get better weapons than it is to upgrade from Dak at QB.
even though I am tired of hearing about the weapons part , couple of points are important.

Lambs route running , especially when he has to cross the face of safety hasn’t been perfect and he has already caused a couple of interceptions of that sort ,and thats why KM was stupid to call ithat play especially on 2nd &2 in opponent red zone. ( About 20 + yards) . That ball should have come out Daks hand only if a clear path was there or he should have kept it and advance couple of yards. So what I am saying is even though Lamb was a weapon , he is not perfect especially with that route.

Gallup is some sort of disappointment, either he came back too soon or not confident in his knee , his speed is non existent and route running was not good. The 1st interception was caused by his lazy route running - he ran straight at CB and stopped, ( Dak who seldom throws to a spot did throw at that time , if he held the ball for half sec more he could have seen CB is jumping ahead cutting infront of Gallup and throw behind him Gallup could have gone for long gain)

Noah brown even though he fulfilled roll of 3rd and sometimes 2nd receiver , he was neither fast nor a weapon.

Hilton was a bit under utilized for whatever reason In SF game .

Creeper

Reaction score
Let's see how the 49ers do against the Eagles. They played a weak schedule with the exception of the Chiefs and they lost to the Chiefs. The 49ers have some good players. Fred Warner is the best player on that defense I don't care how many sacks Bosa has. But I think their secondary is vulnerable, especially to speed and deep routes. The Cowboys played to their strength with all the short comeback routes in the middle of the field. A team that can throw deep will give them problems. The Eagles are a team that can throw deep with all 3 of their starting receivers. The Eagles also have the offensive line to give Hurts time to throw.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

The interceptions were more of poor decision making on Dak's part than the defense making a play.

Take away those 2 ints and that would've probably made the game a lot closer and could have changed the outcome to a Dallas win. He's being paid $40 million a year.

The loss is 100% on Dak.
If this was the first game Dak struggled in, fine, I would give him a pass going against that defense. But that is not what happened.

Dak has thrown a pick in almost every single game he played this season.

I cant have that, that is unacceptable play for a QB who demanded $40 million.

So, I now have to fire most of my offensive staff, including the OC, because Dak couldnt stop throwing the ball to the other team. Dak got a lot of folks fired this week.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The loss is 100% on Dak.
No.. He’s had a ton of time to win something of significance and when you factor in that most of these QBs win when they’re on their rookie deal it just leaves me as a fan feeling hopeless until the Dak days are behind us.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There is a difference of struggling at times against a great defense and looking putrid almost throughout the game. I figured the defense would give the offense a hard time, but those turnovers were ugly.

ICP

Reaction score
Does anyone think he knows, or cares, what anyone on this board thinks?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Does anyone think he knows, or cares, what anyone on this board thinks?
They all know. They lurk here, or at least they have friends or family do it.

The media reads here daily too, often lifting ides from threads almost word for word.