Are we being too hard on Dak after the 49ers?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
The mistake being made here is that people seem to think an increase in pay equals an increase in talent. It does not. Daks paycheck was due in large part to the QB market. Daks talent has not changed.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The mistake being made here is that people seem to think an increase in pay equals an increase in talent. It does not. Daks paycheck was due in large part to the QB market. Daks talent has not changed.
Ah yes . . . The ambiguous "QB Market" argument . . . At 1 point this was the only reason to pay him . . . And even more foolish were the Dak Fan boys who thought paying Him actually elevated His Talent level as well

:facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The 49ers defense was ranked #1 in the entire league.

Probably the best front 7.

However, I don't believe fans are being too hard on him.

The interceptions were more of poor decision making on Dak's part than the defense making a play.

Take away those 2 ints and that would've probably made the game a lot closer and could have changed the outcome to a Dallas win. He's being paid $40 million a year.

The loss is 100% on Dak.
Thank you for exposing your football ignorance. The offense had 1 WR. Lamb. No one else. They had no running game. The OL was a patchwork and was offensive. But yeah, the ignorant fools, like you, blame it 100% on Dak.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Thank you for exposing your football ignorance. The offense had 1 WR. Lamb. No one else. They had no running game. The OL was a patchwork and was offensive. But yeah, the ignorant fools, like you, blame it 100% on Dak.
Cool story . . . But having said all that . . If Dak did not do what He do . . . Cowboys win

And as they say . . . Any Given Sunday . . . so factoring in all the limitations you claim Dak had for team mates . . . when can only come to the conclusion that all those "Inferior" players beat their man and held their own

Fact remains what they are . . . It is what it is

But don't worry He is here for 2 more years and He promises to nevah evah do it again . . . Cross His Heart and Hope to Die type solemn promise

So you are good Rock . . . You got your Man for 2 more years and hopefully they restructure His contract and add on a couple years . . . right

That would really stuck it to all the Romo Fans :laugh: . . . Its so funny right . . . I know you really love it when they get angry and Hate . . . Right

Admit it . . . You secretly love it when Dak craps the bed, that way you can cone on here and defend him and explain to everyone how Stupid they are

:facepalm: . . .How many more years of this hell

Please let it end next year

plymkr

Reaction score
No....he held Booger hostage for 40M which drastically affects our salary cap...if he gives back about 39.5 M per season, I'll go a little easier on him. Plus, his broken promises after EVERY bad game have worn my A clean out!!!
This. This is why I don't feel we're being too hard on him. Let's take a history lesson back to 2019. We started 3-0 and Jerry said in a postgame interview that a Dak deal was "imminent". That deal never happened. In March of 2020 Dak was offered a contract. At the time that contract would have been the richest in NFL history. He turned it down and said he was going to gamble on himself. Then he got hurt and then he took it to Jerry for the 160 million deal. So the richest contract in NFL history wasn't enough for him and then he signed his deal that at the time I believe was the 2nd richest contract in NFL history, after Mahomes. Three points come to mind:
1. After that 3-0 start in 2019 he has been madly inconsistent and injury prone.
2. If you're going to refuse the richest contract in NFL history then you win in every negotiation for your contract then you better deliver.
3. He's paid to be elite and presented himself as being elite in negotiations. He isn't.

Yes I do blame Jerry for caving in to his demands. So that's on Jerry. But if you're going to make these demands in negotiations then you better deliver on your end. He's not delivered and since signing the massive contract he's regressed as a player. As he's getting more expensive he's regressing in talent. He reminds me of Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick will give you an all pro game one week and then play like a struggling backup the next 4 weeks.

plymkr

Reaction score
tenor.gif
Wow, I'm in love. Who is that? I'm so lonely.

tomsanders921

Reaction score

The interceptions were more of poor decision making on Dak's part than the defense making a play.

Take away those 2 ints and that would've probably made the game a lot closer and could have changed the outcome to a Dallas win. He's being paid $40 million a year.

The loss is 100% on Dak.
It's 2 years in a row he had the ball with 3 minutes left in the game needing a TD. He failed both times.

As bad as he played in both games, he still had a shot to change the outcome with one drive. He didn't deliver.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Absolutely not being too hard on Dak! We have seen him for 6 years lose measuring stick games and win and your in games and playoff games. We have seen him string together complete quarters of football that makes him look like he is a 3rd string QB. Those players and coaches sticking up for Dak that played in the NFL are only supporting the NFL for what it really is which Is a money maker. Even if Dak got by the 49ers he woulda choked against the Eagles. Remember the 9 point crappy game he lost to Wentz in almost identical fashion where defense shows up and Dak does nothing.

mardwin

Reaction score
If the Cowboys draft a QB with decent skills and half a brain, Dak would lose his starting job before the season starts.

The contract is meaningless, whoever the better player is should be all that matters.
Dak is not losing his job because he will keep the 8-8 9-7 machine rolling.

stinkface

Reaction score
Hey folks, some of the Buffalo fans are saying Josh Allen is nothing special after they lost last week. Fans be fickle. One day your a god, the next day they want you off the team.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol you don't know football if you thought our oline was bad that game, and patchwork? We had all our starters playing except Steele and he was replaced by an all pro player

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Hard on him???

The Jones trying to make a soup out of a rock .... they are trying to validate the crazy contract they gave him by fooling everyone else
The Cowboys deserve a better QB and we know that will never happened ....until years and years gone by

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
"Must I at length the sword of justice draw?
Oh curst effects of necessary law!
How ill my fear they by my mercy scan,
Beware the fury of a patient man."
John Dryden.

Probably a little of that going on.

Aven8

Reaction score

The loss is 100% on Dak.
We got the ball back just like last year with 3 minutes and 3 TO’s a didn’t gain one yard………

blueblood70

Reaction score

The loss is 100% on Dak.
YES
all the dak hate anyone realize how much worse it can BE? like searching for qb for decade like we have, and other teams have? 13 qbs used after Aikman before Romo...

how about this,
Dak when starting and finishing a season upright and healthy hes gone to the payoffs 4 of 6 years. i didn't check other stats but oi dont believe hes been on a losing record team in that scenario 2017/2019 no playoffs...

seems how this puts Dak supporter VS those that say he sux without much middle ground but if that record says a player sux this league is mostly full of terrible qbs.

the 4 playoffs losses all under 8 points with legitimate other team issues

its team game for sure

qbs should not be held responsible for the wins or losses, alone..

2016 GB game he and ouir offense played GREAT, lost to rogers because of our defense-rookie of the year and plays lie that 13-3 11 game win streak, you know like Purdy with a defense.
2018-rams game once again OL no run game, and the defense gives up 250yards rushing , sure that on Dak.. right he should make huge pays without help
2021- 14 penalties 11 on the OL and took back huge plays, top etc etc right on Dak
2022- carbon copy of the 21 9er game NO RUN Game , POOR OL pass protection, Gallup being pushed off his route for an INT & make zero effort to go break it up, shcultz last drive 2 mistakes , diggs had an opportunity to be elite and made neither big play but Dak makes few mistakes and is blamed for a 7 point loss... sure all Dak

Is it me or Does Romo have twice as many fans here now then he had when he was playing. hypocrites talked about him the same way..Im fan of both so no bias similar tier player blamed for all failures, even though many were team losses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's 2 years in a row he had the ball with 3 minutes left in the game needing a TD. He failed both times.

As bad as he played in both games, he still had a shot to change the outcome with one drive. He didn't deliver.
"He" lmao you spelled TEAM wrong. Schultz didn't have 2 blunders on that last drive? OL, NO run game, UMM the pay calls from our OC ? last year, 14 penalties. some of you are just plain ridiculous in your expectations.