Are we really going to dump everything into Dak?

zerofill

Reaction score
They won't get rid of him, so...

This wouldn't be a discussion for me... $27mil or $40mil? Yep you are tagged... see you a training camp lol.
If you hold out as a QB... no one will want you. So again, see you at training camp.

I need 6

Reaction score
I ve been a fan of this team for 50+ years.

Ever since FA appeared, we have tried to beat the system and try to circumvent the rules.

Now the system has boxed us into a corner.

The team has tried Dak as the Franchise QB and just can't get it done.

Multi-million dollar OL..

Multi-million dollar RB..

soon to be multi-million dollar WR..

soon to be multi-million dollar QB

No titles on the wall..

HC and staff just fired.

Sorry.

Paying Dak at this point will destroy this team for the next 5 years or however long Dak is signed for.

The Jones made a huge decision to finally end the Garrett Experiment in favor of a real football coach.

They righted the ship. But now they are about to mortgage all the future on Dak?

Beyond belief to me.

We have worked for decades to fix our cap, draft wisely, hire capable executives like Will Clay to steer the course..

and we are going to sink everything into a 4th rd draft pick who has come up short like Dak has?

Impossible to believe but it's about to happen.

Whoda think it?

Don't want to beat this into the ground but this team is really in a pickle.

Pass the ketchup and chili.

I need something to disguise this hotdog as I am being asked to eat this thing as a fan.

I know there are tons of threads screaming about alternative paths for this.

As I look at teams who have paid their QBs the big contract, I see them on the sidelines and not playing for a SB.

The Vikes, Packers, Commanders, Pat's, Chargers, Carolina and several others nailed to cap numbers that are designed to stop their ambitions.

Only the 9ers with Jimmy G is paid and playing for a title. But look closely.

He did not have a great season. He completed like 6 passes in each half of the NFC Championship.

I think if that is what it takes..

then keep your money Jerrah.

Let Dak walk and find another QB. I could care less if Dak has the team over a barrel or visa versa.

If Dallas pulls the contract off the table..we are free of all this. Dak can hope some other team to spend the huge salaries required to support his average skill sets.

They won't. Plus pay him $35 mil/yr?

Not going to happen.

I would prefer letting McCarthy go find a QB he wants and play ball.

Draft a defense and another QB or sign a FA QB and in a couple of years before all the offensive guys we have signed start retiring. .

we will have a real shot.

For once I want to see a coordinated push with management, coaching and players and fans united in a clear goal we all agree can work.

Too much to ask?

Comments.
Dak has already achieved just as much as Romo has. He is young, dedicated and has shown improvement in his short time with the organization and he did it with a gutless head coach that didn't pay attention to situational football, mismatches, and scheming for our opponents.

I know the real reason you want to move on from Dak.......

I need 6

Reaction score
I ve been a fan of this team for 50+ years.

Ever since FA appeared, we have tried to beat the system and try to circumvent the rules.

Now the system has boxed us into a corner.

The team has tried Dak as the Franchise QB and just can't get it done.

Multi-million dollar OL..

Multi-million dollar RB..

soon to be multi-million dollar WR..

soon to be multi-million dollar QB

No titles on the wall..

HC and staff just fired.

Sorry.

Paying Dak at this point will destroy this team for the next 5 years or however long Dak is signed for.

The Jones made a huge decision to finally end the Garrett Experiment in favor of a real football coach.

They righted the ship. But now they are about to mortgage all the future on Dak?

Beyond belief to me.

We have worked for decades to fix our cap, draft wisely, hire capable executives like Will Clay to steer the course..

and we are going to sink everything into a 4th rd draft pick who has come up short like Dak has?

Impossible to believe but it's about to happen.

Whoda think it?

Don't want to beat this into the ground but this team is really in a pickle.

Pass the ketchup and chili.

I need something to disguise this hotdog as I am being asked to eat this thing as a fan.

I know there are tons of threads screaming about alternative paths for this.

As I look at teams who have paid their QBs the big contract, I see them on the sidelines and not playing for a SB.

The Vikes, Packers, Commanders, Pat's, Chargers, Carolina and several others nailed to cap numbers that are designed to stop their ambitions.

Only the 9ers with Jimmy G is paid and playing for a title. But look closely.

He did not have a great season. He completed like 6 passes in each half of the NFC Championship.

I think if that is what it takes..

then keep your money Jerrah.

Let Dak walk and find another QB. I could care less if Dak has the team over a barrel or visa versa.

If Dallas pulls the contract off the table..we are free of all this. Dak can hope some other team to spend the huge salaries required to support his average skill sets.

They won't. Plus pay him $35 mil/yr?

Not going to happen.

I would prefer letting McCarthy go find a QB he wants and play ball.

Draft a defense and another QB or sign a FA QB and in a couple of years before all the offensive guys we have signed start retiring. .

we will have a real shot.

For once I want to see a coordinated push with management, coaching and players and fans united in a clear goal we all agree can work.

Too much to ask?

Comments.
It makes all the sense in the world to dump a young improving QB that's durable, accountable and hasn't reached his prime for the unknown.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You cared enough to argue about it and attempt to discredit him.
:lmao2:
No I cared enough to make a post then the rest of the post are replying to your silliness. That is two different things but some aren’t smart enough to understand that.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
And others are acting like the money to pay Dak is coming out of their pockets.
Not really but I understand how emotional replies work. People accuse the other side of doing the same as themselves but it’s just not true in reality.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Get ready for Dak to be the QB of this team for the next 5-8 years.

He’s likely to sign a record setting deal for a QB.

Does that make me feel good about our chances?

No.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Not really but I understand how emotional replies work. People accuse the other side of doing the same as themselves but it’s just not true in reality.

Lol I've seen it from plenty of people on this site. If it doesn't apply to you then so be it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Its all a gamble Reds, Dak is a known commodity and we know what we have . We have a guy who played well even though We dropped the most balls and missed the most FGs in the league along with having the worst starting field position and horrible special teams . And of course a horrible coaching staff made up of Jerrys friends and family that has now been vanquished .

That said we could Draft a QB in the first round that we pay nothing like we have Dak for the last few yrs Hope like hell he can jump in and play as well as Dak STAY HEALTHY!! Not turn the Ball over and above all not turn out like The QBs in Daks class that we wanted to draft before Dak Conner Cook and Paxton Lynch or Hackenberg and all the rest that are out of football now.

Use that 30+ mil a year on FAs to strengthen the team in all other areas and hope it works . IMO giving some Journey man 20 or 25 mil to save 10 or 15 mil is a waste of time because we cant get enough for that amount saved to really make the risk worth while .
Even if we use our 1st round pick and get a guy for next to nothing no guarantee he wont throw 20 INTs fumble every game and get hurt in game 3 because he is in over his head and the expectations to win now are overwhelming causing him to take chances with his body he would not normally have to take as a 1st year player being brought along in a logical progression .

But he could be Mahommes who knows , Jerry is the great bussiness man its his money Im letting him worry about what to pay Dak or if he should pay him . Not my problem just field the best team possible and start to win
No arguements with this discourse.

Any of us who follow the sport know success is part skill, part team management and part plain and simple luck.

Luck with injuries, penalties, ball bounces and playcalling.

As fans we can do nothing except try to enjoy the string of events.

Dak is not the defining thing in 2020. McCarthy will be and his changes.

Dak will be the same on the field, brilliant at times..pedestrian at times..but much wealthier.

We wait.

:huh:

Nav22

Reaction score
No I cared enough to make a post then the rest of the post are replying to your silliness. That is two different things but some aren’t smart enough to understand that.
What was the nature of your reply to me?

Were you disputing what I said regarding Aikman’s opinion or no?

Don’t hurt yourself trying to save face now. You’re in quicksand, slow guy.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Blackrain

Reaction score
No arguements with this discourse.

Any of us who follow the sport know success is part skill, part team management and part plain and simple luck.

Luck with injuries, penalties, ball bounces and playcalling.

As fans we can do nothing except try to enjoy the string of events.

Dak is not the defining thing in 2020. McCarthy will be and his changes.

Dak will be the same on the field, brilliant at times..pedestrian at times..but much wealthier.

We wait.

:huh:
I get the feeling Dak may be more consistent under Mac as he is going to demand people do their jobs in all phases of the game and it should trickle down in the form of Dak not having to overcome the world to do his job .

I see QBs on other teams throw all kinds of errant balls but when they do put it right smack dab in their WRs hands they catch it not to mention the ones like Hopkins that catch everything they can touch . Not so here in Dallas even the perfect passes are dropped . If Gallup , Witten Cooper and Cobb just catch the passes that hit them square in the hands in the Eagles game we would have made the playoffs . I think the accountability that Mac is going to demand will make a difference .

As a fan I have no control over if Jerry pays Dak or how much but like me and a lot of other fans Jerry probably likes the fact Dak can tolerate being tackled and not end up in the fetal position depending on Cooper Rush to save the season . This along with being able to straight arm guys to the ground and pick up tough yards while maintaining good ball security are intangibles that previous QBs did not have and are tough to put a price on ..

I feel the pedestrian times we have seen can become very good times under a coach that requires people to do their jobs at a high level all the time

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What was the nature of your reply to me?

Were you disputing what I said regarding Aikman’s opinion or no?

Don’t hurt yourself trying to save face now. You’re in quicksand, slow guy.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
The nature of,the reply was already posted dolt. I don't need to save face because you're kissing butt. I posted what I posted and it hasn't changed so that's the answer

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I get the feeling Dak may be more consistent under Mac as he is going to demand people do their jobs in all phases of the game and it should trickle down in the form of Dak not having to overcome the world to do his job .

I see QBs on other teams throw all kinds of errant balls but when they do put it right smack dab in their WRs hands they catch it not to mention the ones like Hopkins that catch everything they can touch . Not so here in Dallas even the perfect passes are dropped . If Gallup , Witten Cooper and Cobb just catch the passes that hit them square in the hands in the Eagles game we would have made the playoffs . I think the accountability that Mac is going to demand will make a difference .

As a fan I have no control over if Jerry pays Dak or how much but like me and a lot of other fans Jerry probably likes the fact Dak can tolerate being tackled and not end up in the fetal position depending on Cooper Rush to save the season . This along with being able to straight arm guys to the ground and pick up tough yards while maintaining good ball security are intangibles that previous QBs did not have and are tough to put a price on ..

I feel the pedestrian times we have seen can become very good times under a coach that requires people to do their jobs at a high level all the time
Agreed.

Under McCarthy I see guys being benched for play issues.

Something we never saw with Garrett.

They would play, draw penalties, allow sacks..

whatever. And he would still play them.

In golf if you make a missed shot..you can drop another ball and hit it and it's called "taking a Mulligan".

Garrett's whole time coaching here in Dallas falls under Taking a Mulligan.

I can't wait until next year and see how Garrett does without Jerrah to cover for him.

Garrett must be quite a talker. How he convinced NY to make him OC is a miracle.

He failed here, was not much in Miami before that.

Yikes.

Hmmmm...

Nav22

Reaction score
The nature of,the reply was already posted dolt. I don't need to save face because you're kissing butt. I posted what I posted and it hasn't changed so that's the answer
“Troy Aikman said X.”

“He was lying because he also said Y!”

“X and Y aren’t mutually exclusive.”

“Oh, well, um, I don’t care now!!”

Thanks for the laughs, slow guy.
:lmao2:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Agreed.

Under McCarthy I see guys being benched for play issues.

Something we never saw with Garrett.

They would play, draw penalties, allow sacks..

whatever. And he would still play them.

In golf if you make a missed shot..you can drop another ball and hit it and it's called "taking a Mulligan".

Garrett's whole time coaching here in Dallas falls under Taking a Mulligan.

I can't wait until next year and see how Garrett does without Jerrah to cover for him.

Garrett must be quite a talker. How he convinced NY to make him OC is a miracle.

He failed here, was not much in Miami before that.

Yikes.

Hmmmm...

I hear you on all that , I believe next year we will be saying how did Jerry wait so long to get rid of Garrett . I feel like we put a lot of miles on Zeke and the Olines tires with no chance of a championship under Garrett. We would have easily made the playoffs with McCarthy this year instead of completely wasting a year .

It was always hard to tell how good the team or any of the players really were under Garrett because they continually had to try and overcome him with their talent . He just never made anyone better as fans we were continually forced to watch players regress or for some reason not be able to play here

Taco is a prime example we wasted a 1st round pick just burned it because somehow Garrett couldnt get him and Marinelli on the same page . How do we give up a 1st round pick that could help us for 8-10 yrs for a washed up DC on his way out . Then to add insult to injury watch the guy have as many sacks as our star player we are paying mega millions to

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I expect that the Dallas FO will attempt to sign Dak for what they feel he's worth but I can't see it being more than $35 mil + incentives, otherwise he'd already have a contract in hand. That's what it was reportedly said to be when he refused that offer a good while back. I also wouldn't be surprised if he were to be franchised as an effort by the FO to buy time to get someone they feel deserves more than what they're currently being expected to pay.