Are we really going to dump everything into Dak?

Brax

Reaction score
8-8 is a team record, not a reflection of any one players. What felt great was watching Dak lead the #1 offense in football and lead the NFL in passing. It no only vindicated my confidence in his abilities, but made trolls like you look silly. Felt great.

Based on your dumbed down logic, then Zeke is average? LOL

I guess the entire roster is average eh?

As far as "average to good" I have never heard the word good and you in the same sentence talking about Dak.
That's right a Loss is on the team we get your logic Dak only get wins..... . Number one offense doesn't make the play offs and can't beat a team with a winning record, that's what gives you the confidence in a QB?
I noticed you didn't respond to your rating him # 13 on your list, odd as you promote him as the # 1 QB.
As for my saying he is average to good I have said that many times, I have also said he has had some great games unfortunately he has had many more very bad ones. As for Zeke he is top 3 every year he has played but I was against the $$$ paid him but Jerry (like most ) at least knows that Dak has to have top 3 players at every position on offense to give him a chance. Take away any of them and you know what happens Dak folds you are just blind to it and that makes you look foolish. As for the roster you are the one saying everyone is average except Dak, I will leave it at this, Dak at the right price is a good bus driver no more no less. You believe Dak is leading this team to a super bowl with no high end Defensive players is just a sad fantasy and it will not happen, just like Dak needs all top 1-3 players on offense he will need a top 1 or 2 Defense to save his habit of not showing up in big games where 9- 12 are his limit and that is not happening paying him 35 to 40 million.

Nav22

Reaction score
I’m being a clown because I don’t agree with you on Dak? Sounds like some stuff a little kid would say. An average stat padder isnt worthy of a big contract. Some of y’all act as if y’all getting a piece of the contract.
Troy Aikman disagrees with you.

Like it or not.
:thumbup:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Good enough to win isn't worth 40 mill. Paying Dak that much automatically means we're going to suck in other areas. We aren't the Chiefs, where Mahomes is so good, you can dump money on him and your team will still be good.

You pay him now or pay him later. Shoulda paid him a year ago and this wouldn’t be a debate. You do know the next set of starting QBs with expiring deals are going to get bigger contracts than Dak? It’s not about paying the best QB in the NFL. Good QBs are going to push the salary higher and higher.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I ve been a fan of this team for 50+ years.

Ever since FA appeared, we have tried to beat the system and try to circumvent the rules.

Now the system has boxed us into a corner.

The team has tried Dak as the Franchise QB and just can't get it done.

Multi-million dollar OL..

Multi-million dollar RB..

soon to be multi-million dollar WR..

soon to be multi-million dollar QB

No titles on the wall..

HC and staff just fired.

Sorry.

Paying Dak at this point will destroy this team for the next 5 years or however long Dak is signed for.

The Jones made a huge decision to finally end the Garrett Experiment in favor of a real football coach.

They righted the ship. But now they are about to mortgage all the future on Dak?

Beyond belief to me.

We have worked for decades to fix our cap, draft wisely, hire capable executives like Will Clay to steer the course..

and we are going to sink everything into a 4th rd draft pick who has come up short like Dak has?

Impossible to believe but it's about to happen.

Whoda think it?

Don't want to beat this into the ground but this team is really in a pickle.

Pass the ketchup and chili.

I need something to disguise this hotdog as I am being asked to eat this thing as a fan.

I know there are tons of threads screaming about alternative paths for this.

As I look at teams who have paid their QBs the big contract, I see them on the sidelines and not playing for a SB.

The Vikes, Packers, Commanders, Pat's, Chargers, Carolina and several others nailed to cap numbers that are designed to stop their ambitions.

Only the 9ers with Jimmy G is paid and playing for a title. But look closely.

He did not have a great season. He completed like 6 passes in each half of the NFC Championship.

I think if that is what it takes..

then keep your money Jerrah.

Let Dak walk and find another QB. I could care less if Dak has the team over a barrel or visa versa.

If Dallas pulls the contract off the table..we are free of all this. Dak can hope some other team to spend the huge salaries required to support his average skill sets.

They won't. Plus pay him $35 mil/yr?

Not going to happen.

I would prefer letting McCarthy go find a QB he wants and play ball.

Draft a defense and another QB or sign a FA QB and in a couple of years before all the offensive guys we have signed start retiring. .

we will have a real shot.

For once I want to see a coordinated push with management, coaching and players and fans united in a clear goal we all agree can work.

Too much to ask?

Comments.

What makes you think theyre mortgaging the future?

Dak is going to be paid.

They could have 100mil if they release Crawford and decline Flemings option. They can get alot more if they decide to redo Tyron's deal that has very little Guaranteed monye left, under 6mil. People seem to think Tyron is garbage now. He's not, people are just used to him being the best OL in the NFL. Now he's simply one of the best.

Now getting back to this notion of Dak crippling the cap, Did you know Dallas could literally get out of Elliot's deal after the 2021 season? Why because they extended him 2 yrs before his rookie deal was up. And he would only have 10mil dead money and could be a jun1 designate with 5mil dead money in 2021 and 2022 saving 8.7mil in 2021 and 11mil in 2022. Or cut him in 2022 and have only 6mil in deal money. Now those crying about Lawrence he too can be cut in 2022 with 10mil deal money which could be a june 1 designate. Even those crying about Jaylon Smiths deal, he can be a straight cap casualty in 2022 with only 6mil in dead money. So say all 3 guys are cut Dallas would save 35mil in cap in 2022

I laugh when i read your guys posts criticizing the FO and its deals. Some of you have the nerve to question them when you have literally no idea about the structure of the deals and the status of cap and future caps. All this information is on the web if you bother to look it up. Maybe some of you should do this instead of thinking you know whats going on because espn is telling you the Cowboys are stuck with these guys for 5, and 6 yrs.

Dak will never be a reason the team would be in cap trouble. Just like Romo's deals were never a reason. Older veterans this team would re-sign were the reasons. But Dallas doesnt operate like that anymore. Some of you are stuck in the past and how this team did business.

JBond

Reaction score
I ve been a fan of this team for 50+ years.

Ever since FA appeared, we have tried to beat the system and try to circumvent the rules.

Now the system has boxed us into a corner.

The team has tried Dak as the Franchise QB and just can't get it done.

Multi-million dollar OL..

Multi-million dollar RB..

soon to be multi-million dollar WR..

soon to be multi-million dollar QB

No titles on the wall..

HC and staff just fired.

Sorry.

Paying Dak at this point will destroy this team for the next 5 years or however long Dak is signed for.

The Jones made a huge decision to finally end the Garrett Experiment in favor of a real football coach.

They righted the ship. But now they are about to mortgage all the future on Dak?

Beyond belief to me.

We have worked for decades to fix our cap, draft wisely, hire capable executives like Will Clay to steer the course..

and we are going to sink everything into a 4th rd draft pick who has come up short like Dak has?

Impossible to believe but it's about to happen.

Whoda think it?

Don't want to beat this into the ground but this team is really in a pickle.

Pass the ketchup and chili.

I need something to disguise this hotdog as I am being asked to eat this thing as a fan.

I know there are tons of threads screaming about alternative paths for this.

As I look at teams who have paid their QBs the big contract, I see them on the sidelines and not playing for a SB.

The Vikes, Packers, Commanders, Pat's, Chargers, Carolina and several others nailed to cap numbers that are designed to stop their ambitions.

Only the 9ers with Jimmy G is paid and playing for a title. But look closely.

He did not have a great season. He completed like 6 passes in each half of the NFC Championship.

I think if that is what it takes..

then keep your money Jerrah.

Let Dak walk and find another QB. I could care less if Dak has the team over a barrel or visa versa.

If Dallas pulls the contract off the table..we are free of all this. Dak can hope some other team to spend the huge salaries required to support his average skill sets.

They won't. Plus pay him $35 mil/yr?

Not going to happen.

I would prefer letting McCarthy go find a QB he wants and play ball.

Draft a defense and another QB or sign a FA QB and in a couple of years before all the offensive guys we have signed start retiring. .

we will have a real shot.

For once I want to see a coordinated push with management, coaching and players and fans united in a clear goal we all agree can work.

Too much to ask?

Comments.
The GM of the Dallas Cowboys can not be bothered with things like senior week. Too busy not watching his team in a Super Bowl. Will he ever hire a real GM? Not his kids, a real GM?

JBond

Reaction score
What makes you think theyre mortgaging the future?

Dak is going to be paid.

They could have 100mil if they release Crawford and decline Flemings option. They can get alot more if they decide to redo Tyron's deal that has very little Guaranteed monye left, under 6mil. People seem to think Tyron is garbage now. He's not, people are just used to him being the best OL in the NFL. Now he's simply one of the best.

Now getting back to this notion of Dak crippling the cap, Did you know Dallas could literally get out of Elliot's deal after the 2021 season? Why because they extended him 2 yrs before his rookie deal was up. And he would only have 10mil dead money and could be a jun1 designate with 5mil dead money in 2021 and 2022 saving 8.7mil in 2021 and 11mil in 2022. Or cut him in 2022 and have only 6mil in deal money. Now those crying about Lawrence he too can be cut in 2022 with 10mil deal money which could be a june 1 designate. Even those crying about Jaylon Smiths deal, he can be a straight cap casualty in 2022 with only 6mil in dead money. So say all 3 guys are cut Dallas would save 35mil in cap in 2022

I laugh when i read your guys posts criticizing the FO and its deals. Some of you have the nerve to question them when you have literally no idea about the structure of the deals and the status of cap and future caps. All this information is on the web if you bother to look it up. Maybe some of you should do this instead of thinking you know whats going on because espn is telling you the Cowboys are stuck with these guys for 5, and 6 yrs.

Dak will never be a reason the team would be in cap trouble. Just like Romo's deals were never a reason. Older veterans this team would re-sign were the reasons. But Dallas doesnt operate like that anymore. Some of you are stuck in the past and how this team did business.
We paid too much for overrated players. Like Dak, Zeke, and Tank. Solid players. Zeke is frustrating. Can't break a big run with all that money slowing him down. We need a rebuild.

Nav22

Reaction score
Prescott wins alright. As long as he is not playing a team with a winning record.
40-24 record.

He’ll be paid over $30 mil/year to play QB for America’s Team for years to come.

Meanwhile, you’re whining about him on a message board.

Dak wins, you lose. Because winners win and losers lose.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
40-24 record.

He’ll be paid over $30 mil/year to play QB for America’s Team for years to come.

Meanwhile, you’re whining about him on a message board.

Dak wins, you lose. Because winners win and losers lose.

Has to be 12 years old this one or in need of medical attention asap! :muttley:

Nav22

Reaction score
Has to be 12 years old this one or in need of medical attention asap! :muttley:
LOLLLLLLL what?

So an adult with the mental capacity of a 12-year-old would need medical attention ASAP? Why?

Don’t hurt yourself trying to sound clever. You’re dumb as rocks and it oozes out of you.
:lmao2:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I’m being a clown because I don’t agree with you on Dak? Sounds like some stuff a little kid would say. An average stat padder isnt worthy of a big contract. Some of y’all act as if y’all getting a piece of the contract.
And others are acting like the money to pay Dak is coming out of their pockets.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I am with you.

I can handle delaying dumping all this money into one player and would rather sign a fist full of FA defensive players..

let McCarthy take a less expensive QB who has skills and is hungry.

Dak seems only for his paycheck.

Not producing what is needed to earn it.

We all appreciate what he has tried to do for us as fans.

But his results have been less than he should be producing at this point.

Its all a gamble Reds, Dak is a known commodity and we know what we have . We have a guy who played well even though We dropped the most balls and missed the most FGs in the league along with having the worst starting field position and horrible special teams . And of course a horrible coaching staff made up of Jerrys friends and family that has now been vanquished .

That said we could Draft a QB in the first round that we pay nothing like we have Dak for the last few yrs Hope like hell he can jump in and play as well as Dak STAY HEALTHY!! Not turn the Ball over and above all not turn out like The QBs in Daks class that we wanted to draft before Dak Conner Cook and Paxton Lynch or Hackenberg and all the rest that are out of football now.

Use that 30+ mil a year on FAs to strengthen the team in all other areas and hope it works . IMO giving some Journey man 20 or 25 mil to save 10 or 15 mil is a waste of time because we cant get enough for that amount saved to really make the risk worth while .
Even if we use our 1st round pick and get a guy for next to nothing no guarantee he wont throw 20 INTs fumble every game and get hurt in game 3 because he is in over his head and the expectations to win now are overwhelming causing him to take chances with his body he would not normally have to take as a 1st year player being brought along in a logical progression .

But he could be Mahommes who knows , Jerry is the great bussiness man its his money Im letting him worry about what to pay Dak or if he should pay him . Not my problem just field the best team possible and start to win

Blackrain

Reaction score
LOLLLLLLL what?

So an adult with the mental capacity of a 12-year-old would need medical attention ASAP? Why?

Don’t hurt yourself trying to sound clever. You’re dumb as rocks and it oozes out of you.
:lmao2:
Is that like an Avalanche Of Stupidity

Blackrain

Reaction score
My worst suspicion is that 2016 and 2018 are his best years and maybe it will be for awhile to come.

The advantages he had those 2 years are long gone. Surprising the league to arrive along with Zeke was enormously fortunate.

He also was. Lucky both those years that the Eagles struggled badly in the last month of each of those seasons and collapsed.

They were setup to collapse again in 2019 but we could not get anything going.

And of course, they won a SB in 2017 with a backup QB..

something impossible for us to imagine.

So none of that puts Dak in leading roles as far as his ability to overcome adversity.

Overcoming adversity is a fundamental ingredient to win SBs.

Dak lacks that after 4 years now.

Hmmmm...

Reds stop, Dak overcame Garrett and his horrible coaching staff that squandered our season because they were to stupid to change kickers LOLOl

Dak has absolutely spoiled this fan base with his durability Make sure when You draft the next Danny Dimes and his 18 FUMBLES you factor in some big money for a real backup QB

When your Rookie is in the fetal position are you banking the rest of the season on Cooper Rush or are you finishing the job of solidifying the QB position with a Quality back up