Are we really going to dump everything into Dak?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
all you need to do is look at other teams, and who they have at qb, and have tried, to see that finding a really good qb is quite difficult.
Everyone wants a mahomes, but that is not going to happen.
Anyone thinking the jones boys can draft a top notch qb, needs to re evaluate that.
Tenn took mariota as a top 5 pick, and how did that work out? Baker Mayfield, looked good, then went down hill, ( his commercials are awful).
Minn tried buying one, and got cousins, who is ok, but is that what you guys want?
Dallas lucked into dak, and he is durable and tries hard, and I for one want to see how he does now that JG and his staff are gone.

That being said , I would not mind seeing dallas draft a QB if they can pick a good one.

If they sign dak to a big deal, then like elliot we will be stuck with him for awhile, but the jones boys will decide all that, not us fans.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I hear you on all that , I believe next year we will be saying how did Jerry wait so long to get rid of Garrett . I feel like we put a lot of miles on Zeke and the Olines tires with no chance of a championship under Garrett. We would have easily made the playoffs with McCarthy this year instead of completely wasting a year .

It was always hard to tell how good the team or any of the players really were under Garrett because they continually had to try and overcome him with their talent . He just never made anyone better as fans we were continually forced to watch players regress or for some reason not be able to play here

Taco is a prime example we wasted a 1st round pick just burned it because somehow Garrett couldnt get him and Marinelli on the same page . How do we give up a 1st round pick that could help us for 8-10 yrs for a washed up DC on his way out . Then to add insult to injury watch the guy have as many sacks as our star player we are paying mega millions to
Yeah.

I think we all agree about where Garrett has left us.

And that any further following his leadership was a dead end.

And having wasted this..I see ownership being willing to back up McCarthy to the hilt to change things.

I see aggressive drafting, aggressive looking at and signing FAs after this next draft as guys appear available.

As fans we are going to see alot of new personnel, changes at halftime, use of surprise plays on ST and on offense.

We will be alot less predictable in our play but in doing so..

McCarthy will create an identity that Garrett could never sustain from year to year.

That was one of the things I was the most disappointed about this. Nothing ever carried over with us at all.

The success of 2016 and the excitement was gone by mid year of 2017. All the team talk about how much all the players were All For One and One for All..

the team had to have Zeke and Dak inject the team to improve. Garrett supplied little but got Coach of the Year and drank it up.

But we soon saw it was just so much blather. As soon as Zeke was suspended in 2017..that was that. Garrett could not recover the team collective drive again. He could not becuz he did not provide it.

The momentum regained in 2018 returned once we drafted Wolf Hunter and traded for Amari. This two guys again with the emergence of Jaylon Smith reenergized the team.

We closed out the year going 7-2 then we beat the Seahawks in the playoffs only to lose to LA..

then the complete deflation of 2019 were just inexplicable to me.

It was Garrett's undoing and for dozens of players over his 9 years.

Names like Romo, Dez, Beasley, Claiborn, Carr and we all can name many more.