Are we too hard on Taco?

Techsass

Reaction score
I was just reading an article on our FA pick ups PFF grades compared to the guys already on the team. It showed Taco's overall grade as 64.3 on 428 snaps. Gregory got 61.7 on 522 snaps. (Quinn got 69.9 on 635 snaps...Dlaw got an 88)

Given his injury, I expect Taco to grade out much better this season.

Reactions: CWR

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Overused puns incoming.
Taco is just not seasoned. He came in crisp but wilted like shredded lettuce. He was all meat and cheesy when interviewed. Yes, Taco was good on Tuesdays but not Sundays. Oh, Germania, how we ate up Taco when he got here. Do we recall how he did not fold with TacoMania? He was not a soft Taco by any means. Remember the mini bidding war for his fast-food endorsement? Taco was peppered by praise . Now he's cooled off. No crunch and coaches now chew him out. Game has no bite.

Last edited:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Taco is just not seasoned. He came in crisp but wilted like shredded lettuce. He was all meat and cheesy when interviewed. Yes, Taco was good on Tuesdays but not Sundays. How we ate up Taco when he got here? How he did not fold with TacoMania? He was not a soft Taco by any means. Remember the mini bidding war for his fast-food endorsement? Taco was peppered by praise . Now he's cooled off. No crunch and coaches now chew him out. Game has no bite.
I sure hope Taco can get Dallas about 10 sacks this year. He needs to prove himself this year as a 1st round pick. Time for the Taco to put on all the toppings.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how much that shoulder affected him last year. I remember glowing reports out of training camp how he looked bigger, stronger, and maybe even quicker than he did as a rookie in 2017.

It's not too late for Taco to turn it around. But I think his ceiling is as a solid, steady base-DE type like Greg Ellis was here for a long time. If we wait for Charlton to become a 12-15 sack a season type guy than I think we'll be waiting forever. He's a run-stopping type that gets 5-8 sacks per year.

Now, the debate is if a guy like that was worth a late first round pick. But hindsight is 20-20.

Greg Ellis is actually not a bad comp, and we certainly could use a good run stopper in the DE spot.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I actually wonder if he'd be better as a 3T though. He's quite big, good at stopping the run, and can get a decent push.
No, I feel he will be best at DE, and refine and learn more pass rush skills. Rushing the passer is what they got Taco for , he is going to have to put on some toppings this year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I definitely think most fans are too hard on him.

Fans have ridiculous expectations for most prospects. And regarding Taco, fans seem to have this bitter sense of dislike towards him for no apparent reason. I don’t get it.

Ridiculous expectations?

I expected a DE taken in the first round, while Watt's little brother was still on the board, to have more than 1 sack last year. Now is that a ridiculous expectation? To have more than 1 sack from a first round DE?

"Soft Taco" looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.;)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lets go Taco,, time to man up brother, or end up with life long regrets.
Im banking on Taco taking the next step, the necessary step. The path is clear for you , time to grab the bull by the horns and run with it.
Lets go Taco.. ...
Lets go Taco.. ...
The endorsements are there man, Taco Bell is just waiting for you.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So if he had beat out tank or Gregory, that would make one of them the bust? A first rounder doesn't beat out two other first round talents therefore he is useless

We have him for up to three more years on his rookie deal. My money is on taco stepping up. I don't know to what level, but I dont think he is a bust
I hope he develops. People on this board were saying the same thing about Byron. Some people wanted him cut before last season. Taco was injured last year. Lets see how he does.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He's not TJ Watt or Reuben Foster.
Thats the main reason I'm hard on Taco.
I think he's made it perfectly clear that he dont care what fans say about him. He's been working out with Woods and rashan gary and a couple other guys. Already had his shoulder surgery has been cleared and has been putting in work. He's basically been doing the things Lawrence should've done already.