Are we too hard on Taco?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I mean are his struggles more attitude or lack of talent. Is it not a bit premature label him a bust?

Two major things go into the mass Taco hate

1. If you're not an all pro your rookie season as a first rounder around here you're considered a bust
2. There were quite a few of us that hated the pick when we made it, that it leaves a sour taste in our mouths. And the rest have jumped on that train since claiming theyve always disliked the pick.

On a side note. If anyone here goes to player pages just to consistently harass and insult them, you're a POS

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The problem is we saw Taco play and it wasn't all that great. So to try to make this sound like it's a situation where he just lost out to two better players while playing well himself would be a fabrication.

He has been pretty poor his first two years.

He got beat out by some, and beat out some.

I don't know, I guess it is my outlook. I see players at all positions come in and struggle.

Scotman

Reaction score
Too hard? No. We got more out of a one-legged, drop-footed LB in their second year than we did out of Taco in his second. And while our LB was thrust into the line-up unhealthy and unready, his attitude was off-the-charts good. Taco is complaining.

It's year three. Post all you want on twitter or IG or Facebook...I don't really care. Just get it done. If he gets one snap a game...he needs to be a monster so that the next week he gets two.

Physically talented players come and go. ALL of the players at this level are physically talented. Why do you think Bill Bates was successful? What made Mike Singletary successful? Why do you think Smith has made such a tremendous recovery? All physically gifted...sure. But, and I know I'm not alone in this belief, their attitude sets them apart.

What does Taco APPEAR to lack? The attitude that could separate him from the crowd.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope this is the year he proves it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I mean are his struggles more attitude or lack of talent. Is it not a bit premature label him a bust?

Of course it's premature. He was a project pick. If we didn't know this when we drafted him, we are indeed really dummmmm.

kskboys

Reaction score
He's a first round pick that was actually so inconsequential he got deactivated for games in his 2nd season. I don't think the problems are the high expectations of fans as to why he gets criticized. It's the fact that he's done pretty much zero in two seasons as Dallas.

It's not too much to expect more than that out of your first round pick, is it?
He was injured.

LittleD

Reaction score
Taco "The Bueno" is the worst Dallas draft pick since Shante Carver. Taco can now have his Bust made out
of pewter. Boy, what a bust!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Taco will be supreme this season
A supreme SOFT Taco!! What have you been watching for 2 years? Soft Taco doesn’t have the attitude or work ethic to be great or even good. We couldn’t trade him for a 49 cent burrito.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I definitely think most fans are too hard on him.

Fans have ridiculous expectations for most prospects. And regarding Taco, fans seem to have this bitter sense of dislike towards him for no apparent reason. I don’t get it.
No reason. He was a first rounder. Late in his 2nd season he was inactive for a couple games because oh his work ethic and because he had been lousy as a pass rusher( what we drafted him for ). Fans don’t like that he can’t play, and that we wasted a 1st round pick on him.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
A supreme SOFT Taco!! What have you been watching for 2 years? Soft Taco doesn’t have the attitude or work ethic to be great or even good. We couldn’t trade him for a 49 cent burrito.
Im critical of Tacos crying a season ago but if we are being honest.....last year in camp everyone that would know about Tacos attitude and work ethic was saying they expected Taco to make the biggest jump. For what ever reason it didnt happen....maybe he felt privleged because he was a first round pick....who knows. My expectations are based on work ethic that he was praised for last season.....soft or hard shell he will be supreme.

sbark

Reaction score
I blame the Cowboys for not designating him to one position. They keep yo yo-ing him between left DE and Right DE. He loses weight to play on the right side which lessens his effect on the left.

He should be strictly a strong side DE that plays on run downs....to help keep Lawrence fresh.

It's not rocket science. Yet for Marinellie...It's the dead sea scrolls.:rolleyes:
Cowboys coaches have to realize the theory of position flex cannot be forced on every player, at least not early in careers....learn one position...get confidence, then maybe
D.law had 10 sacks thru first 3 seasons.....taco 4 thru 2
I know just one stat, but really, both were slow starters compared to a to watt

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Once Taco Charlton's repaired shoulder heals and he is cleared for action is when we'll eventually find out for sure if we've been unfair. ;)

If the answer to our question eventually indicates "yes," may those of us who were prematurely inclined to denigrate him be denigrated.

Last edited: