Are we upset or happy we did not sign Earl Thomas?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm not ready to say he's done. I'm thinking once the season ends he'll resurface via a major interview telling his side of what happened with a conciliatory tone. Some team will give him another chance. Remember we are not talking about a criminal. Just a guy who apparently was a jerk that placed himself above the team and it caught up with him.
I'll bite.

Sign him up.

But only if he signs a team friendly incentive deal like Aldon Smith.

There is another guy I hope we don't resign unless it's for a bag of beans.

:lmao2:

aria

Reaction score
Never wanted the bum to begin with and he wouldn’t have been making any differences in the W/L with all the trash that’s surrounding him. Plus he really is trash, and would have been a headache.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
disappointed.
he's a major up-grade over what we got.
hopefully this "poor ol s position that keeps getting shorted every year" FINALLY gets some much needed draft day attention.
Yeah..

You sound just like my GF.

First Corso comments on it..

Now this.

She has much needed draft day attention.

Don't we all.

Get in line, Hos.

o_O

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm surprised Jerry didn't brake the bank for him. That would have been the cherry on this season.
I think Stephen locked him out on the poop deck of his yatch to prevent Jerrah from signing him.

BTW..does anybody know the name of that playpen? The yatch?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
As we now understand things..

And Hoyle's Law that says..

"Everything that could go wrong will go wrong.."

has done so..

Earl Thomas.

Thumbs up?

Thumbs down?

By that I mean..

Should we have signed him and would he have helped?

Or did we dodge a bullet by not signing him and paying $8-10 million for one year?

I am on the fence myself.

I do think he could have slowed the defensive hemmorage..but not sure he could have change any losses back into wins.

And seeing that we would have probably needed to cut some players to make room under the cap..

It's better we never crossed that bridge.

Your thoughts..knowing what you knew then vs. now?

Keep it interesting.

And remember..he is unsigned next year and had a year off now and is as fresh as the new fallen...snow.

Not yellow snow.

Yes..you were saying?

:rolleyes:

Good grief, stop putting this clown on a pedestal. His best days are long gone and now he's not worth the bother. 32 teams have said so by not signing him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good grief, stop putting this clown on a pedestal. His best days are long gone and now he's not worth the bother. 32 teams have said so by not signing him.
Yeah, I was surprised anyone even brought him up again.

coult44

Reaction score
As we now understand things..

And Hoyle's Law that says..

"Everything that could go wrong will go wrong.."

has done so..

Earl Thomas.

Thumbs up?

Thumbs down?

By that I mean..

Should we have signed him and would he have helped?

Or did we dodge a bullet by not signing him and paying $8-10 million for one year?

I am on the fence myself.

I do think he could have slowed the defensive hemmorage..but not sure he could have change any losses back into wins.

And seeing that we would have probably needed to cut some players to make room under the cap..

It's better we never crossed that bridge.

Your thoughts..knowing what you knew then vs. now?

Keep it interesting.

And remember..he is unsigned next year and had a year off now and is as fresh as the new fallen...snow.

Not yellow snow.

Yes..you were saying?

:rolleyes:

I think our season would’ve been way different if we would’ve went after him or Adams. Maybe Dak wouldn’t have even got hurt. I know that sounds dumb. It’s just a thought I’ve had lately. Maybe he doesn’t feel like he’s gotta run and make a play if our defense was better. You never know but our defense is the worst in cowboys history. It wouldn’t have been any worse with a player of his caliber

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hey..

I am just taking the pulse of the Forum.

But it's going to come up again if the DC is replaced before this draft.

Me?

If he wants to play and has his Blood Pressure under control and can play..

he could really help a new defense come together.

You can not judge him by this season alone.

When I was going thru my last divorce..

I was certifiably crazy between her and the lawyers and the sums of money involved.

You would have not wanted to talk to me bro.

Getting into trouble with a new team you have no friends or ties to has to be hard..

Especially for Thomas.

He is definitely an A-type..

I want him.