Are you confident Zuerlein will be back to form this week?

JBS

Reaction score
Simple thread

are you confident he will be back to form this week? Yes or no

will he miss a kick this week? Yes or no

I’m not confident that hes 100% ready. I don’t think he’s confident yet either. I think he will miss a kick this week.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Simple thread

I’m not confident that hes 100% ready. I don’t think he’s confident yet either. I think he will miss a kick this week.

Nobody knows how he'll fare this week, including himself, I suspect. Let's hope he's able to overcome his "yips," though. We'll see.

I'm sure he's been working hard all week long to get to a point where he's approaching a level of being somewhat more consistent.

What he needs right now is to become more confident in himself. Whether he's able to do so or not is a discussion for another day.

Sorry if I didn't fall in line with your expectations. I think he'll do his best. ;)

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Simple thread

No. He’s toast.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a good kicker. If his back is "back", he'll get the job done. I certainly wish him the best of luck

conner01

Reaction score
I haven’t watched him kick this week so no way to judge
But I’m sure the team watched so when he lines up to kick his first FG, if Jerry looks nervous then I’d be worried

conner01

Reaction score
He's a good kicker. If his back is "back", he'll get the job done. I certainly wish him the best of luck
I haven’t seen any reports of how he’s kicked this week
That would be interesting

plasticman

Reaction score
The last four games of 2020 he was 12 for 13 field goals and perfect on 13 extra points. Perhaps he just had a bad game, perhaps his injury hindered his preparation or perhaps it just provided mental doubt, I don't know. Perhaps he isn't fully healed and took a chance, worried they might cut him.

Since it was one game I can't call it a slump. We have to look at the game on Sunday and see how he fares. Kickers react differently to adversity. I've seen some of them blow off a bad game and be perfect the next week and I've seen some nosedive never to be the same.

We'll just have to see. One thing I know. Kickers are probably the quickest at turning hate into love and visa versa. If he kicks in the game winner at the end with a 58 yarder as time expires, most fans will be in a forgiving mood.

CWR

Reaction score

One of the most demoralizing things to happen to a team during the course of a game has to be driving the length of the field and stalling only to have your kicker miss the damn chip shot.

I agree with you, if he's healthy and has his mind right he should do well. Those are big IFs though.

Praxit

Reaction score
....right now, this guy is 50/50. Make some, fail some. Even 30 yarders are ????'s.... Hopefully, he improves. Lets just say, don't leave the game up to him.

SSoup

Reaction score
Hopefully McCarthy and Kellen pull each other aside in the building at some point and privately agree to just go for it on 4th down way more aggressively in any situation that's reasonable once they've passed punting range..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Simple thread

He will continue to miss --- probably in close games --- but it will take Jerry a year or more to see the futility. Much like Sean Leach.

But zuerline will make 2 this Sunday and miss one, a pattern that might be developing.

stinkface

Reaction score
Sadly I see a Vandershank situation. Best in the league until he came to kick for us.