CZ POLL Are you glad Amari Cooper is no longer on the Cowboys?

Are you glad Amari Cooper is no longer on the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
disappeared in games because his scared QB couldn't see him. if cooper would have run 3-yard routes and jumped up and down while waving his arms, dak might have seen him. I guess I can blame him for not jumping up and down waving his arms so the panic boy could see him.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
disappeared in games because his scared QB couldn't see him. if cooper would have run 3-yard routes and jumped up and down while waving his arms, dak might have seen him. I guess I can blame him for not jumping up and down waving his arms so the panic boy could see him.

I was just about to say something very similar...... how does everyone know that Amari disappears when Dallas has a Qb with a huge problem finding the open receiver?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I was just about to say something very similar...... how does everyone know that Amari disappears when Dallas has a Qb with a huge problem finding the open receiver?
yeah, Moore has to go to screens and short passes when the baby dak goes into terrified mode. Then he still can't hit the guys. It seems like he likes to throw high or in the dirt to zeke when he goes into full terror mode.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
It’s a Shane introverts are so discriminated against at. Cooper a the best receiver we had since 2014 dez. He got traded to resign spawn without the mask.

starfan1

Reaction score
I’d rather we kept cooper and traded DLaw but this don’t upset me

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, never consistently used him as a number one receiver. This team wears blinders, when it comes down to running plays. Just like a QB locking on to a receiver is disaster; likewise is an OC locking on to certain plays.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Zero argument from this peanut gallery.
Just gonna sit back and watch Rome burn.

Where's my fiddle?
I have marshmallows graham crackers and dark chocolate and some of those fancy 2 pronged metal marshmallow holders

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We used his talents fine for 3 and a half seasons. I dont know what the hell they were doing last year, but it sure wasn't working.
it is hard to keep jerry happy !
Jerry wants passes to go to lamb, so there goes a bunch of targets.
kellen wants to spread it around, so there goes a bunch of targets.

so what is left?? not much and that is amari's lol.

It is stupid to pay a wr 20 mil and then not throw to him all the time, but thats what cowboys did.

the gm, owner, HC, OC are not all on the same page, they just each do their thing, and it creates problems.

Reactions: CWR

X550i

Reaction score
If you stop buying the company line that is spewed by the FO, you can't deny Cooper is a talented receiver.
Anytime a team loses talent, it get's worse not better.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The 16 million savings is the trade!!

Amari seldom showed up big in big games and especially late in big games.

To often he didn’t seem to want it bad enough!!

To be honest the QB has to throw you the ball . I seem to remember a fade route in the end zone won the Minnesota game . Rush was the pitcher that night .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Amari is a very good WR but not a great one.
His production is about 10th at WR yearly and he's had 7 years to set that bar so feel free to skip the nonsensical how he is used arguments with me.
He has plantar issues and can be out of practice altogether for months at a time.

If you could pay him 3 for 60 starting now with escalating numbers like 12m, 18m, 30M it might be worth it. But this cap is still suppressed as owners pay themselves back.
22m for an upper mid-level WR1 (10-15th overall at his position) is just too much on this cap.

He notably spoke up for the first time when he was surpassed in targets by CeeDee meaning he was likely only going to get louder.
He also wants all his money if not a pay raise so wasn't offering any team friendly mechanisms for his cap hits.

With 31 teams out there the most Dallas could get was a 5th and 6th flip so it was obviously a tough call for most NFL teams to see 60M in value there.

All in all its hard to say you are happy losing a very real talent but I did see this coming and am glad it went this way versus an unhappy squabbling year that saw his departure occur next off-season with zero return.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Hard to say. Amari cooper has been disappointing last 3 years. He was great and helped turn the team around in 2018 because he was motivated by how the raiders wanted to move in.

he’s good but he’s not 20/year good.

Status
Not open for further replies.