CZ POLL Are You Happy With Dak Prescott As The Quarterback of The Dallas Cowboys?

Are you happy with Dak Prescott as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm confused by the poll.
If I say no, my name is immediately put into a basket to be called a
Dak hater by those who voted yes.
Nobody on that side wants to hear the simple reasoning for a no vote.
My reasoning is that he needs to play well against SF. Something he
hasn't done in three consecutive attempts. He needs to play well in a
divisional playoff game. I'm not even saying he needs to win.

If the poll were truly a weekly poll, it would say so but instead it is
omitted and replaced with a "no easy out" mantra that makes little sense.
Add "...this week" to the end of the poll question and you'll get a true
representation of who really "hates" Dak (which is what people use it for).

He's playing great right now and answered the call against a Seattle
team that had their backs to the wall. So far, he's 1-0 in this 5 week
gauntlet in the schedule.
You might not understand...but I could pick out lyrics and make a tune.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frankly, I'm confused by the poll.
If I say no, my name is immediately put into a basket to be called a
Dak hater by those who voted yes.
Nobody on that side wants to hear the simple reasoning for a no vote.
My reasoning is that he needs to play well against SF. Something he
hasn't done in three consecutive attempts. He needs to play well in a
divisional playoff game. I'm not even saying he needs to win.

If the poll were truly a weekly poll, it would say so but instead it is
omitted and replaced with a "no easy out" mantra that makes little sense.
Add "...this week" to the end of the poll question and you'll get a true
representation of who really "hates" Dak (which is what people use it for).

He's playing great right now and answered the call against a Seattle
team that had their backs to the wall. So far, he's 1-0 in this 5 week
gauntlet in the schedule.
I forgot to add my usual second post to this thread so I just added it to the first post now.

I will post it here as well ..

---

Regarding fans changing their votes from week to week ...

For many fans the votes they make on polls reflect their current emotions so it is unfair to label someone who changes their mind (in either direction) a bandwagon fan.

There are always some fans who hold out hope longer or give up faster than others over players, coaches, etc.

When a fan changes their mind it may be temporary or permanent, but part of being a fan is having the choice to decide what you like and don't like at any given time.

I think these polls are interesting because they provide a snapshot of the fan base's opinion on various topics, especially specific players and coaches.

It is less about being right or wrong or defining who are better fans and more about gaining an understanding of how Cowboys fans are feeling at various points throughout the season.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, didn't he play well again SF back in the playoffs, when nobody else on the team except one player - Sean Lee - did? If the rest of the team didn't crap the bed, we would have advanced, or am I thinking of a different game? I admit, my memory isn't what it used to be
That has been the story of the Cowboys post-seasons every year since 1995.

If the offense plays well, the defense plays poorly. If the defense plays well, the offense plays poorly.

If both the offense and defense play well enough to win, special teams plays poorly enough to lose.

The Cowboys need all 3 areas of their team playing their best ball in the post-season or it will be another off-season of "let's fix what went wrong this time" which leads to failures with the other groups the next time.

rambo2

Reaction score
That has been the story of the Cowboys post-seasons every year since 1995.

If the offense plays well, the defense plays poorly. If the defense plays well, the offense plays poorly.

If both the offense and defense play well enough to win, special teams plays poorly enough to lose.

The Cowboys need all 3 areas of their team playing their best ball in the post-season or it will be another off-season of "let's fix what went wrong this time" which leads to failures with the other groups the next time.
What happens this year? It looks like everything may fall into place. The qb has been outstanding.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dak has worn me down from a no to abstaining. He has played great in stretches before but I need to see it through this brutal part of the schedule and into January. He is making progress with me…..:muttley:
I have been “no” all season but it’s hard to deny he’s playing great ball right now.

In the off season when we’re talking about a huge commitment I might reassess but for *this season* I can’t withhold a yes

rambo2

Reaction score
Playing great in the regular season is not the knock on Dak. His final grade doesn't come in until the playoff run.
It's looking like a good chance of a good grade on the way.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
It's gonna keep being a no until he proves it in the playoffs. We could win out, possibly getting the #1 seed, and I would still assume we're gonna blow it.

plymkr

Reaction score
I still vote “no” for right now. I got to see it in the playoffs before I want to extend him. But I will admit he’s playing extremely well after the bye. Do this in the playoffs and my answer will be “yes”.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Not "happy", but I ain't mad. If he continues to play well-enough in MOST games, I'll be pleased. But disappearing in big games...no...not "happy".

I need to know my team has a fighting chance in a big game. Not a deer in the headlights QB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I forgot to add my usual second post to this thread so I just added it to the first post now.

---

For many fans the votes they make on polls reflect their current emotions so it is unfair to label someone who changes their mind (in either direction) a bandwagon fan.

There are always some fans who hold out hope longer or give up faster than others over players, coaches, etc.

When a fan changes their mind it may be temporary or permanent, but part of being a fan is having the choice to decide what you like and don't like at any given time.

I think these polls are interesting because they provide a snapshot of the fan base's opinion on various topics, especially specific players and coaches.

It is less about being right or wrong or defining who are better fans and more about gaining an understanding of how Cowboys fans are feeling at various points throughout the season.
Well we can call them fair weather fans.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I still vote “no” for right now. I got to see it in the playoffs before I want to extend him. But I will admit he’s playing extremely well after the bye. Do this in the playoffs and my answer will be “yes”.
You’re not happy with the way he’s been playing? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

RoboQB

Reaction score

---

Maybe I'm missing something here but...

All this is saying essentially is, it's unfair to label a fan who changes their vote from week to week a bandwagon fan.
What it doesn't say is that it's equally unfair to label a fan who is holding out for a better outcome before voting yes a Dak hater.

I'll vote no... again, because I think it's time for a serious championship run.
His contract was laid out specifically for this outcome to end on the mountain top.
Some just don't want to accept that way of thinking and bark out weekly stats
and rankings. Maybe you could point out how unfair it is to personally attack
those who say they'll vote no until an NFC Championship Game appearance.

By the way, I'm rooting for him to be successful. He played great against a desperate Seattle team.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I'm missing something here but...

All this is saying essentially is, it's unfair to label a fan who changes their vote from week to week a bandwagon fan.
What it doesn't say is that it's equally unfair to label a fan who is holding out for a better outcome before voting yes a Dak hater.

I'll vote no... again, because I think it's time for a serious championship run.
His contract was laid out specifically for this outcome to end on the mountain top.
Some just don't want to accept that way of thinking and bark out weekly stats
and rankings. Maybe you could point out how unfair it is to personally attack
those who say they'll vote no until an NFC Championship Game appearance.

By the way, I'm rooting for him to be successful. He played great against a desperate Seattle team.
The whole point of the poll is simply to gauge how people are feeling about Dak as the season progresses through tough losses, hard-fought wins, etc.

It's not about who is a better or worse fan nor is it about being right or wrong.

It's simply a snapshot of CowboysZone fan opinions on Dak's performance at various points throughout the season.

In every poll there will be some fans who always vote NO or always vote YES no matter how Dak plays.

However, given the wild swings of votes so far in the Dak polls this season, it seems like a lot of fans are keeping open minds which makes these polls interesting.

plymkr

Reaction score
You’re not happy with the way he’s been playing? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Good thing you put the emojis in. It really captures the mood. If you read my post I said he’s playing extremely well since the bye. I just want to see it in the playoffs. Regular season play has not been his problem. It’s postseason. Right now he’s playing great and I love that but the black and white question of how I feel about him as the QB is still a “no” until he balls out in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.